What's new

Video/Tutorial Potential Broken Tech with Fortress of Solitude Interactable, used with Batman

This should be patched?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thats kool as hell, they shouldn't remove it or anything, its not like everyone is gonna be doin that in every game they play

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
LOL! :) Thank you friend! Take This opportunity to inform You That I have ready the last video KungLao (2013), all for the shaolin. soon I'll upload for to practice before EVO
i cant wait to see you at EVO bro. really looking forward to that and good luck!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Only thing i can get off the grab is an otg but it won't combo....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Awesome video. The first When's DC combo blew my mind.

McFly, please, you gotta put some of those sponsor/adds together and condense it to 2 screens max. I thought I was watching a video compilation of logos at first!

Are there multiple ways to interact with this ship? I didn't know you could grab someone and throw them into it. How do you throw them into the ship? I will find out tonight if nobody responds.

I always used the acrobat interact off of it with Batman and set the mine on it.

What surprises me is how quickly the interactible can be re-used. Usually these kind of interactibles would have a longer cooldown before being able to be used again.

There are 4 gadget characters capable of the throw, Batman, Flash, Joker and Deathstroke. Of these, only Flash doesn't have access to bombs. For the rest of the gadgets its more well known who has bomb access and who doesn't(Raven and Scorpion). The stages that have this are Solitude babyship, Left inside of Hall of Justice and Wayne Manor/Metropolis cars(If I forgot any feel free to mention)

Some power(at least Adam and Hawkgirl) characters also have throws, but not off these objects. The arkham rack on the left and watchtower top right, not sure if gadgets also get a throw there or not. IIRC that throw however doesn't have such quick recovery.

Love it, this makes Jokers / Arkham viable in left corner, also Gotham rooftop, and for me Gotham ally way is my Batman level of choice. :)
Sadly no. I went and did some testing and discovered(The one gadget I play next to my powers doesnt have throw) that the throws are very quirky and Solitude is the only one where this can be done(I didnt do extensive testing though) Turns out gadgets have 2 different throws, this one and one using the opponent as a battering ram on something and then throwing them midscreen instead of the corner. Metropolis Car allows the combo throw but has WAY more recovery than Solitude/Wayne Manor Car(both)/Bat Signal making it impossible to link the b1. Wayne manor and Bat signal both have fast recovery but appear to place batman much farther away making the b1 not reach(if DS/Flash/Bats/Joker have any fast longer range normals might be possible, I didn't check besides the b1). Got it to connect on Solitude just fine.

NRS, consistency is not thy middle name.

Arkham Rack, Themyscira Tree and Metropolis Great hall all use the battering ram variant throw. Funny, with great hall acting identical for Power I didn't expect the other throw.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Honestly I think NRS has done its job, but they should listen to the community and to consider the help of many people who can bring
Are you serious? No AAs, No wake ups, no pokes, stiff ass movement and animations,input delay, scrubby mechanics etc etc.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This game doesn't need interactables to be good dude.Stop making it seem like its essential for the game when it isn't. If it was so damn important why is there a option to turn it off?Who said we HAVE to play this game using interactables.I know this is probably your first fighting game so I'll keep it simple.All this game needs is balance and fundamentals.
Too many characters are balanced around the idea of interactables, and it's exceedingly clear in a lot of cases. There are counters to them, and the metagame around the stages are really fun, tbh. They are part of the fundamentals of the game.

The option to turn them off is in the case that they are indeed too powerful. They aren't, though. In fact, the different classes actually ensure that characters like KF are tolerable (can you imagine her as a power character...?). DS's metagame is so heavily integrated to the interactables...he is one of the best users of the gadget archetype and is top 3 in anti-interactables.

The game's fine with them in. Start learning to play with them and around them instead of being stubborn.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Too many characters are balanced around the idea of interactables, and it's exceedingly clear in a lot of cases. There are counters to them, and the metagame around the stages are really fun, tbh. They are part of the fundamentals of the game.

The option to turn them off is in the case that they are indeed too powerful. They aren't, though. In fact, the different classes actually ensure that characters like KF are tolerable (can you imagine her as a power character...?). DS's metagame is so heavily integrated to the interactables...he is one of the best users of the gadget archetype and is top 3 in anti-interactables.

The game's fine with them in. Start learning to play with them and around them instead of being stubborn.

So.....what you are saying is, this game needs Interactables to be fun and more interesting to play?If so, then I rest my case.....this game is ass.

THTB

So.....what you are saying is, this game needs Interactables to be fun and more interesting to play?If so, then I rest my case.....this game is ass.
The game is ass to you. Your opinion isn't fact. At all.

It was built around the idea of interacting with your environment, which, LBSH, no other fighting game has really attempted to do something like this, while ensuring the game is properly balanced. It's interesting. I find it very fun. Why? Because I see exactly how it influenced some character designs, and that's pretty cool.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
The game is ass to you. Your opinion isn't fact. At all.

It was built around the idea of interacting with your environment, which, LBSH, no other fighting game has really attempted to do something like this, while ensuring the game is properly balanced. It's interesting. I find it very fun. Why? Because I see exactly how it influenced some character designs, and that's pretty cool.

Yes it is my opinion and Im pretty sure there are people who would agree with me.Not everyone will like this feature but to say this game NEEDS it seems like total bs to me.If this game is as good as you think it is then it should be just fine without it.

THTB

Yes it is my opinion and Im pretty sure there are people who would agree with me.Not everyone will like this feature but to say this game NEEDS it seems like total bs to me.If this game is as good as you think it is then it should be just fine without it.
No, it wouldn't be as good, and that's simply because the game is too designed around interactables on so many points. You can't see this, all you see is "interactables are bullshit because it's Smash all over."

Interactables are a huge reason why zoning is viable, despite how zoning tools are designed. They allow the game to retain big, situational damage. They help increase the pace. They force stage awareness. As much as they affect already bad matchups, they can help them as well. There are characters designed to take advantage of them better, or better prevent the opponent from using them.

People are stubborn about stuff in this game, and it drives me nuts because being stubborn is not how you get better.