What's new

Post your Nightwing tournament placings here

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
The Zatanna matchup is chase chase chase chase. Once he gets in he has tools, but you almost don't want to knock her down since she gets away for free.

WoWo is troublesome too. No wakeup options thanks to the Mileena d4 (WTF NRS)
You are correct and respect your opinion but I will take Zatanna or WW. WW being one of the MUs I have worked at a lot, doesn't trouble me as much as the above. But anyways, like I said, I don't want to get off topic. We can all discuss in the other threads

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Almost forgot to agree that Mileena kick is flat out retarded against our wakeup. Gives me salty face

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
The Zatanna matchup is chase chase chase chase. Once he gets in he has tools, but you almost don't want to knock her down since she gets away for free.

WoWo is troublesome too. No wakeup options thanks to the Mileena d4 (WTF NRS)
I'll update first post soon. But i will just say. We can do the same thing to WW in staff with standing 1 on her wakeup options. She can't wakeup at all. WWd3 is punishable if blocked but it is a guess between that and b2.

WW MU is my definition of a 5-5

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'll update first post soon. But i will just say. We can do the same thing to WW in staff with standing 1 on her wakeup options. She can't wakeup at all. WWd3 is punishable if blocked but it is a guess between that and b2.

WW MU is my definition of a 5-5

Yea, standing 1~pound negates all of her options in lasso, but not in sword stance. Her D3 literally shuts down ALL of your options in both modes. Especially escrima (where he can't punish the d3)

IADG shuts down staff pretty damn hard. Play foxy if you want a great interpretation of the NW matchup. It's not unwinnable or as hard as some of his other matchups, but I would definitely put it slightly in her favour.

Play foxy if you want a good interpretation of high level wonder woman. No knock on Goomba of course as he is no slouch, but I think Foxy has better NW matchup experience.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I've played foxy. I know what your saying

Our matches kind of like when j play you chance have too much lag to function. I have experienced the d3 nonsense. It's annoying but it just forces you to guess. It's punishable offline too. Again online matches shouldn't be used for MU exp.

No knock on foxy, but goomba is at least in the same room as me.

Lulzlou

Noob
He wasn't on WW yet. He used batgirl in parts of the tournaments but I 'think' he lost every time he tried to use her, and won everytime he used NW.
Late response since I did retire; You are correct
I didn't pick up WW until way later. The whole WoWo/MMH thing was just an act of desperation. I dropped Batgirl right when things starting going downhill with personal issues. Shortly after I picked up WoWo and evetually MMH. If I do end up ever playing again, I most likely will go back to maining NW and figure out what to do in MU's I find tough.

Oh and Batgirl, I used her once and that was me not caring anymore because Black Adam was god awful back then for nightwing. Honestly the only reason I got far was the fact no one really knew how to block back then (not sure how it is now). I took advantage of it and went full on Yolowing.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Well, REO used Nightwing in grand finals against Tom Brady at the second major this game had, which I forgot the name of.

AssassiN

Noob
Nicely done Chongo. USE MOAR 113!
It blows up Bane's armor, he has to adjust to it.

When is the next tournament any NW's players will be at?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise

I got really nervous and played like poop. I'm fine losing, just emo that I let him get away with stuff that I know how to blow up :/

For me idk about ect but summerjam is a probable yes. Also during the summer I'll be at the break every week.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement

SCR, and I'm still deciding on Final Round for some back to back tournament action.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I got really nervous and played like poop. I'm fine losing, just emo that I let him get away with stuff that I know how to blow up :/

For me idk about ect but summerjam is a probable yes. Also during the summer I'll be at the break every week.
I thought you did fantastic.

Also, are you going to FR?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If someone starts a donation drive then sure lmao.
How much would it take? :eek:

Oh also, you got a bad draw. Grr isn't super solid in a lot of MUs, but NW is one he is. We have so much NW-specific tech its maddening, so you got someone who really fights the MU the way its supposed to be fought. I didn't get to see the final round because of the stream shutting down. :(

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
How much would it take? :eek:

Oh also, you got a bad draw. Grr isn't super solid in a lot of MUs, but NW is one he is. We have so much NW-specific tech its maddening, so you got someone who really fights the MU the way its supposed to be fought. I didn't get to see the final round because of the stream shutting down. :(
I'm 16 so I would have to take a parent with me (who probably couldn't go because of work) so it's almost a definite no.

Yeah as dumb as it sounds I literally was banking on him not knowing the nw mu. He baited a staff spin and punished for half life and I literally went "13th isn't that bad I guess haha"

I did somewhat better but still got bodied :(. My back.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm 16 so I would have to take a parent with me (who probably couldn't go because of work) so it's almost a definite no.

Yeah as dumb as it sounds I literally was banking on him not knowing the nw mu. He baited a staff spin and punished for half life and I literally went "13th isn't that bad I guess haha"

I did somewhat better but still got bodied :(. My back.
My goodness you're a young'in.

That's not a bad thing. Honestly all of Bane's MUs are "Know the MU vs Don't know the MU".

If Bane knows it and you don't, and you can't compete, he gets +2 to the MU number
If Bane knows it and you know it but can't compete, he gets +1 to the MU number
If Bane knows it and you know it and can compete, its 5-5.
If Bane doesn't know it and you do, but can't compete, its -1 to the Mu number.
If Bane doesn't know it and you do, and Bane can't compete, its -2 to the MU number.

That's how our MU chart is basically formed. :p We bank on people not knowing each specific Bane's playstyle more than anyone. And 13th at a major? That's still a top 16 nightwing.