What's new

Post-Stress Test Gameplay Poll (14 Questions) - Meant to Help NRS

Hello everyone,

After reading SonicFox's Twitlonger on gameplay recommendations, I wanted to help NRS out by making a poll that can get the community's feedback on a lot of important gameplay questions all in one convenient place. It's hard to understand how the community truly feels when single-question polls and debates are spread out across TestYourMight, Reddit and Twitter. Please feel free to share this to get more responses (I've had no luck reaching out to pros/big names, but their involvement will be indispensable to get NRS's attention). You have to press vote for each individual question.

https://xoyondo.com/ap/ROw5Xcw7cckIsGs

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Not to say my take will be especially interesting but I think posting the questions will add more meat to the thread. I'm generally on the "wait and see how the meta grows" tip.

1. Do you like the breakaway mechanic?

- Yeah I really like this one TBH, I didn't feel like it was an issue at all but if it really is as bad as some are making out then a longer "knockdown" seems like an easy fix.

2. Should combo breakers return?

- No, mediocre mechanic that relied on the old meter system anyhow. Breakout and even Air Escape is way more interesting.

3. Should chip damage kill?

- Yes, I wasn't given chip damage on this string to kill you 2% damage at a time. Like obviously it adds up but being able to kill with it is like the whole point with a lot of this stuff.

4. Should Fatal Blows be full combo punishable (e.g., -30 to -40 frames on block)?

- Maybe? I'll just say that in the current build it didn't seem that crazy, but I worry about the potential for nonsense with something like Kabal's startup. And then you have characters who will be more mix heavy.

5. Should the cooldown/timing for fatal blows be changed?

- Same as above. I will say that I don't think it's a total Unga move, it's obviously very strong but the once per game aspect is a big downside and I want to see how the meta evolves around it.

6. Should fatal blow damage decrease?

- I think it's just about right, but maybe in combos it could use some scaling changes, I really didn't look into fatal blow combos. The only thing I saw was that Scorpion's FB did 310 damage, which means that the opponent could technically be killed by a fatal blow while not actually having access to their fatal blow which I think they should adjust. I think if you can die from a straight FB then you should be at 30% or less. But that's a minor change at best.

7. Should damage over time (DOT) attacks be able to kill?

- Yes, someone had a good point about this in the other thread. Damage is damage, you were a dead man walking you just had the outside chance for a last second comeback.

8. Should the popup damage after a flawless block be scaled down to reduce damage?

- I'm viewing this simply as this games reversal attacks similar to MB B3/F3 and I want to see the play/counter play develop. I didn't have enough experience with it but I think it's a good mechanic. They just need to make sure there's counter play to it. Like if Skarlet throws out 12____4 with its huge gap then who cares if someone uses a bar of each to launch, but you want the opponent to be able to counter play that by maybe staggering 12 for example.

9. Should Dash Speed Be Increased (Pretend Ed Boon didn’t confirm movement would be buffed on release)?

- I don't see a dramatic need to change the three characters movement but I trust them to polish up the movement up.

10. Should Walk Speed Be Increased (Pretend Ed Boon didn’t confirm movement would be buffed on release)?

- Same as above but I really hope they don't go overboard, people are only going to get better at moving around so I don't want people to overreact to early gameplay.

11. Should jumps be less floaty (for example, by increasing overall jump speed)?

- Absolutely not, we wanted anti airs and smart jump-in play, this will give us that.

12. Should neutral jump punch launches return?

- Fuck no. I think Scorpion had it as gear though.

13. RANDOM: Should MK11 allow custom variations in competitive play?

- I think the game will benefit dramatically from having kustom variations. I think the game was built from the ground up with kustom variations in mind and removing them is just removing depth. There were so many issues with how that was handled in Injustice 2 and it showed.

14. RANDOM: Should MK11 Tournaments run a best 3 out of 5 round format (at a minimum) for all matches?

- I think the speed of matches will allow for it but I guess we'll see.

Edit: Proofreading

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Absolutely. I hope we can get at least 1000 votes eventually. Then NRS can take it somewhat seriously.
Worth a shot. Some good questions, I didn’t encounter half of that stuff. They have their own Q&A which is the “serious” stuff but more information won’t hurt anyone. It’s not like it’s 500 pages of signatures, maybe they’ll see it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Thanks for making this poll. You've pretty much hit all the questions needed. I voted, but I'll add a 15th at the end too.

- I like it a lot. Thinks it very balanced and adds extra layers of Yomi to the game. Easy to adjust to as players without even a practice mode had already begun to get used to the mechanic.

- Not at all. Inferior in every way, especially for this game.

- Yes, it's a great "MK" thing, but more than that. It's part of the game where chip does damage, and adds up throughout the match including game ending pressure. Forces more hype match endings at times.

4. Should Fatal Blows be full combo punishable (e.g., -30 to -40 frames on block)?

- Probably the most obvious. ABSOLUTELY. The one true complaint. "Fast, safe, armored, high damage, recharging one push move" is about as absurd as absurd gets.

- Should be once per round like every comeback mechanic in every fighter.

- If it is balanced correctly, and changed from it's current state, the damage is fine. If it is going to stay a ridiculous tool, the damage is too high. I'd be willing to bet that it will be adjusted by release so the damage can stay.

- Yes, one of the hypest matches in the history of MKX was a DOT kill. A special is a special, damage is damage.

8. Should the popup damage after a flawless block be scaled down to reduce damage?

- No. That would be like reducing damage for MB B3 in Injustice or low parry in Tekken. It's fine.

9. Should Dash Speed Be Increased (Pretend Ed Boon didn’t confirm movement would be buffed on release)?

- Yea. Dashes are about useless, they should be buffed. Both forward and backward.

10. Should Walk Speed Be Increased (Pretend Ed Boon didn’t confirm movement would be buffed on release)?

- Slightly, yes. It would be fine as is though.

11. Should jumps be less floaty (for example, by increasing overall jump speed)?

- They are perfect, leave as is. We can finally AA consistently in a NRS game. Don't touch it please.

- Never. Leave MKX in the grave.

- After playing the stress test, it is clear that Kustom is the way to go. It is balanced, and characters can be used to their full potential. It would be extremely limiting to go back to preset.

14. RANDOM: Should MK11 Tournaments run a best 3 out of 5 round format (at a minimum) for all matches?

- No. 2 out of 3 for pools, 3 out of 5 for Top 8. I don't think the game needs 3 out of 5 more than people wanting to watch/play more games. Though Winners, Losers, and Grand needs to be 3 out of 5, and possibly Top 8, but anything else is just extra.

Bonus question---

15. Should the Flawless Block mechanic be changed?
-No it's perfectly fine as is.
-Make it a parry-esque FLB where it must be timed within the 3 frames available to FLB or you're left open and hit.
-Remove U2 pop up altogether and make it only U3.

I go with adjusting it to a parry mode counter. If you press it and whiff (blk+u2 or u3), you are left open to attack. Removes the OS mashing altogether and rewards precision timing. The definition of "operating as intended".

kcd117

Noob

- Yes, someone had a good point about this in the other thread. Damage is damage, you were a dead man walking you just had the outside chance for a last second comeback.

Edit: Proofreading
The dot one has me on the fence... If a move does 10% on hit plus 3% over time I'm always counting on 13% when I hit that move, I shouldn't be penalized for hitting someone who has 11% health left with a move that virtually hits you for 13% at all times but when I need the most. At the same time, we have had instances like that early MKX match between Sonic and DJT where DJT made an epic read in his last pixel with a teleport that would have killed Sonic but the caltrops Lao stepped while flipping Erron killed him and it felt like he got mechanically robbed by the game. I'd say allow the dot of connected moves to kill, but don't allow area denial moves dot to kill.

Xelz

Go over there!
Nice poll, hopefully it'll help NRS in their 11th hour tweaks. I was a bit confused by the last question re: matches going best 3 of 5 rounds. I voted "no" since fatal and crushing blows assume at most 3 rounds, and 5 rounds would be a nerf to these one-time-per-match abilities. But best 3 of 5 matches per set would make sense. Is that what you meant?

Gamer68

Fujin!
First of all, I want to say that I don't think anything HAS to change right now. Most of our impressions are from the Stress Test, which was just three days long and had a few characters. I think it's best to wait to see a meta develop before major changes are done. I think things like movement can be adjusted, but I don't think major nerfs to breakaways are needed (especially completely removing them for combo breakers).

Here's what I voted on:

Do you like the breakaway mechanic?
Yes. I'm sure breakaways will make certain combos less useful for some characters (Scorpion doing his spear mid-juggle), but that doesn't necessarily mean it needs a nerf. I played a lot of Scorpion during the Stress Test, it's just something you kinda have to play around and bait. If they breakaway but can't punish you, there goes their two defensive bars and you don't have to worry about it again for a while, PLUS your opponent's overall defensive options are limited. I think the layer of mind-games and resource managing it adds is interesting and I would like to see it in a developed meta before any changes. Maybe it will need a nerf eventually, but I don't think it needs any right now.

Should combo breakers return?
No.

Should chip damage kill?
Yes, but only for Fatal Blows. I personally don't like chip kills in fighting games. If you save your Fatal Blow and decide to burn it on a chip kill, then yeah, you should get it. But should you be able to chip someone out by normals and specials like projectiles? Nah.

Should Fatal Blows be full combo punishable (e.g., -30 to -40 frames on block)?
Yes, but maybe not THAT negative on block. Maybe 20ish frames? I mainly think it should be negative just so people will have to think about using it more. Also, I think it should be the only move that chip kills so maybe this would balance that change out.

Should the cooldown/timing for fatal blows be changed?
No. I think it should be the only move that chip kills (buff) but also negative on block (nerf). That's it.

Should fatal blow damage decrease?
No. If you land one, you only get to land that one in a match. No more. So you should get your damage.

Should damage over time (DOT) attacks be able to kill?
No. I would only say yes if a certain character relies off of DOT attacks for damage. But in general, I think this should be treated like chip damage.

Should the pop-up damage after a flawless block be scaled down to reduce damage?
Yes, I could see that if players get really good at landing flawless blocks, that getting a full damage combo off of it could be a little TOO good. Maybe reducing the damage would make interactions with it feel a little better.

Should dash speed be increased (pretend Ed Boon didn't confirm movement would be buffed on release)?
Yes. I think dashes are borderline useless and that feels really weird to me.

Should walk speed be increased?
My opinion on this is MAYBE. I voted yes, but really it's a maybe. If dashes are better, maybe we won't need increased walk speed.

Should jumps be less floaty (for an example, by increasing overall jump speed)?
No. Some of the anti-airs in the game, like D2s/uppercuts seem kinda slow. To compensate, jumps should be slow. Maybe jump start-up should be decreased, but I don't think the travel speed needs change.

Should neutral jump punch launches return?
No. But actually, Scorpion has a loadout move that basically does just that. Maybe some characters can have it as an option, but should everyone have it by default? No thanks.

RANDOM: Should MK11 allow custom variations in competitive play?
So when I first heard about the system, my reaction was no. But after seeing it in action AND getting my hands on it during the Stress Test, I think yes, it should be allowed. I'm sure there will always be a particular combination that's better than the rest, but how is that any different than the variations in MKX where there was always one that was better than the rest? If a combination ends up being too good, they could nerf it by adding a conflict between the two moves so you can't use that combination as an easy fix. Or maybe increase the amount of slots one of the moves use. Or just nerf the moves themselves (frame-data, damage, etc). With tat being said, obviously augments should NOT be allowed. They should be disabled when playing ranked/tournaments/whatever competitive mode.

RANDOM: Should MK11 Tournaments run a best 3 out of 5 round format (at minimum) for all matches?
If I'm understanding this correctly, it's saying that in Tournaments you should have to win 3 ROUNDS (like Tekken) to win the match? No? I don't think it HAS to be like that, but it really doesn't matter.

Nice poll, hopefully it'll help NRS in their 11th hour tweaks. I was a bit confused by the last question re: matches going best 3 of 5 rounds. I voted "no" since fatal and crushing blows assume at most 3 rounds, and 5 rounds would be a nerf to these one-time-per-match abilities. But best 3 of 5 matches per set would make sense. Is that what you meant?
Yes. I meant best 3 of 5 matches. It tends to get confusing for me when I see round/match/game tossed around interchangeably. Hopefully it's not too confusing for most voters.

Xelz

Go over there!
So when I first heard about the system, my reaction was no. But after seeing it in action AND getting my hands on it during the Stress Test, I think yes, it should be allowed. I'm sure there will always be a particular combination that's better than the rest, but how is that any different than the variations in MKX where there was always one that was better than the rest? If a combination ends up being too good, they could nerf it by adding a conflict between the two moves so you can't use that combination as an easy fix. Or maybe increase the amount of slots one of the moves use. Or just nerf the moves themselves (frame-data, damage, etc). With tat being said, obviously augments should NOT be allowed. They should be disabled when playing ranked/tournaments/whatever competitive mode.
I've also done an about-face on custom variations in competitive play. If NRS designed the entire roster's custom moves as well as they did Scorpion's, Skarlet's and Baraka's, then I believe custom variations will work for competitive play. Heh, never thought I'd say that :)

- Yes, as long as they change the speed defensive meter regens. Like make that thing so slow that allows only 1 or 2 breakaway per game, even in long games. Then, people will think twice before using it, because they won't have access to any weak up attacks for a long time after it.

- I wouldn't mind, as long as they change defensive bar like I said in point 1.

- No, because there are special moves incredible hard to dodge (teleports in general), and it would add so much hype as 1% life comebacks could be a thing

- YES, right know they have no downside at all, they have armor and you can just use them in neutral with no punish at all for whiff or reward for blocking them.

- If they make them super unsafe on block/whiff, I don't care about cooldown

- In combos yes, because a guy with 25% health could have access to a very deadly combo (reg combo + fatal blow) that can kill an opponent with 40% health, that doesn't have access to that damage (no fatal blow) just because he is healthier. That's unfair.

- No, DOT damage should be higher than regular damage, with the downside of being non-lethal. If not, then just remove DOT damage at all, as it doesn't make any sense.

- Yes, and punished if timing is missed. Right now is extremely powerful.

- Dashes should have a slow startup but cover more distance. I have seen many times sub zero freeze an opponent mid/full screen, and because he moves so slow he can only attempt a slide before the effect wears off.

- No, it's ok

- No, I don't want people jumping all over the place for no reason without being punished

- No

- No

- Don't really care, each tournament organized can decide

Last edited:
Most important thing I want to see, even more important that any change, and what makes games successful for long periods of time: NRS/WB, KEEP THE GAME UPDATED.
I want to see big patches every 4/5 months. New mechanics introduced, bad ones removed.
I wanna know that the game won't stay in the same state forever.
Don't be afraid of changing gameplay stuff after metagame has been settled. New stuff introduced didn't work? Remove them, who cares, keep trying. It is impossible to make a game 100% bullshit free, people will always find new things to abuse. But what keeps successful games on top spots are developers involved and people willing to support that shit because they know, eventually, that the game will change.

I believe we have here a MK that can live for a long, long time, and I wouldn't mind buying a 30 usd kombat pack per year, for next 4/5 years, as long as they support the game in terms of balance/mechanics.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
NOTE: I have not played the stress test... but I have watched a TON of streams and youtubes. Mainly Sonic, Semiji, ForeverKing, K&M, Max, Shrinkydink and Honeybee / Bio.

- I do not have an opinion on this. I guess it is that I think it is fine. It is one of those things that I do not see as bad or good, just "how they have done it". I would need to see this in the wild myself and see much more of pro play to really talk about it.

- No. Despite the fact the new meter system does not really support it, it is a fundamental design choice for the game. Changing this is like asking for a completely new game. It will never happen, so forget about it.

I get that people like what is familiar , but MK has always been a game that pushes change. Most MK games are completely different mechanically to the other games. That is one of the things that makes MK so good.

Changing this is back is not only not possible with out changing the design of the entire game (which is about to launch) but also seems regressive to me, as in a major step backwards. I am much more interested in seeing how a new meta and a new way to play MK evolves.

- Hmmm... this is a big one. IMO, no it should not. I am convinced that MK chip is a big reason why the game is not accepted by a larger community. It can also lead to assured wins near end of round, which hurts eSports.

That being said the chip is as much a part of MK as the blood and fatalities. It is such a fundamental part of MK that I do not think it can ever be changed. Yet at the same time it seems like the MK chip doesn't really fit that well with the defensive style this game appears to have. What is the point of defense if you die while doing it?

So I am in two minds on this. I talked in MKx about wanting chip at least reduced, as i can not ever be removed. Maybe the addition of something like Grey Life or something.

But the sheer "tradition" of it dictates that chip has to be big AND kill.

- I think so. The easy of using them should have some kind of risk to it. I think it is not out of line to say that a 30% or w/e insta armored damage, with no input complexity should be punishable if you screw up. The exact minus frames should not be universal though, but still all should be somthing the player needs to seriously consider if they should use it or not.. not something you can just spam at anytime for no risk.

- Narr.. I actually like how it is. I like the whiff cooldown, the once per match and how it becomes available. FB are strong, but so are the equivalent moves in other games. Let the game design breath and the meta form and see how the designers vision works before we ask for a bunch of bullshit changes for no other reason than it is different to what we know or forces us to play differently.

- No. It should be noted they have already greatly reduced the damage from the reveal. From what I have seen it seems about right to me.

- I do not think so. Unlike other MK games everyone has DoTs now. I think these universal DoTs should not kill, but a character with a specific poison damage special or w.e probably should have a killing DoT as part of his design for a win condition. We all remember Alien in MKx .. the horror... but Scarecrow in IJ2 had DoT kills and sure it was super strong.. but that didn't suddenly turn him into a unbeatable character. I'm a big believer in meta through unique playstyles. If the character is designed right then DoT Kill is fine.. but every single character in the game has a dot in this one and I think that this global dot stuff should NOT kill.

- I'm not sure I have an opinion on this.. but Sonic makes some very good arguments against flawless block as it is right now.

- ED has already konformed on twitter (assuming he can be trusted) that dash speed has been buffed. Having the dash slower than the walk speed is stupid.

- No.. a good walk and back walk is vital for the "footsy" aesthetic they are aiming for. There is a lot of talk about the speed of MKx and I think it is just all BS. The game is a game, being slower or faster is nto a positive or negative thing.. it is how that plays in the game. The entire idea of slowing MK down and making it more skill based, not in a learn all these inputs way, but in a "learn to play" way is exactly what I always wanted. I hope they ignore the noise here and allow the game to develop as is. Already with only a few days the top players are having hype as fuck games of in and out and whif punishing and it is awesome. Can't wait to see where it leads... the hard rush down of MK9 and MKx is just not what this game is, so instead of asking for change... how about just playhign it?

- Narr, I like it how it is, it allows anti-airs and keeps the game grounded. I see nothing bad about this.

- No. Quan in MKx and his nP popup was a fucking ass pain. I mean it worked in that game, its fine I am not but hurt..... much haha.... but it is time for something new.

- Yes. IF they can work out how to make it not slow down events. I love the idea of a MMO style "build" were you can add and remove tools based on your opponent. I think that is awesome as a idea for the FGC as a kind of innovation.

- Yes.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)

- No
I think it needs to be adjusted or removed.
I don't feel we should have a "Get out of jail free card" with how neutral heavy this game is.
If it has to stay then at least limit breakaway to one use per match like Flawless Block.

- No, I'd like to see a different mechanic. I do like the reset to neutral but would rather have a long forced delayed knockdown. Maybe an escape option but no follow up during the combo you broke from.

- Yes, chip should kill especially since Flawless Block reduces damage done on chip greatly. If you play well you are rewarded.

- YES but No, yes they should be punishable but nowhere near -30 on block. It should be closer to -15.

- No. I think it's fine how it is as long as it's punishable on block.

- No, Fatal Blow damage is close to 30% already and I also think it's fine during combo as ender since you only get similar damage or less than what we see with 3 Krushing blows 40-50%.

- Yes, should normals not kill? Or any other move. The difference between DoT damage and other moves is the other moves take your life immediately while DOT (Poison attacks) do the same damage over a longer period of time. We wouldn't make a special move not kill that does 10% damage, why make DOT moves leave a little bit if health forcing player to land another hit. Just make sure DOTs don't stack to crazy like pre-patch Alien Acidic.

- Yes &, either it's reduced below 20% total damage from launcher or remove the FB launcher completely and replace it with a Splat HKD option.

- NO, dash shouldn't be increased at all and I stand on the side where I don't want to see dash get faster than movement because it will ruin the neutral imo.
But I'm fine with getting a strong back dash maybe be invulnerable during first 3 frames.

- yes, but not too much we can already wiff punish most mids by walk back.

- NOoooooooope, it's fine the way it is. I've been asking for better Anti-Airs for years and we finally get it. Let's not fuck this up.

- Maybe but I'm fine with them being gone. If they do return make them easily beat on read so they can't be abused like MKX.

- YES, most of the characters are lackluster without custom. I like the build your flavor of the character option. Besides the Slot system is what regulates character balance not wether or not we have set variations.

- No, I prefer FT5 or FT10 but let's see. More matches allows players to overcome the other player fostering hype comebacks or hype blowouts.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yes.

No.

Absolutely.

Yes.

Once you use it, whether it hits or not, it should be gone.

No, it's fine as is. Matches with what X-Rays and such have usually done.

Yes. Fear Stanky Reptile and his brethern.

Nah

No, walking should be the better option.

No, it's great as is.

HEEEEEEEEEELL NO. Get punished scrubs.

Fuck no. And never again in any future game.

Abso-fucking-lutely!

Encourages creativity, keeps it fun and interesting, gives more moves a chance to be used (as opposed to one dominant variation), and allows moves to be balanced without actually nerfing the move or it's properties into the ground (aka change the points required to equip the move if it's too powerful)

Doesn't matter to me.

In conclusion, for the most part, let it rock.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
The only real opinion I have in addition to things already said is that in addition to NO Neutral Jump Punches they should get rid of the gimmicky Sin Blade move from Scorpion's list of options and replace it with anything more worthwhile than getting a NJP for one character.

Edit: I don't think anybody wants NJP back SO badly that they will deliberately pick an unsafe character like Scorp who takes work to be good with AND give up ANY of his much better tools JUST to get an NJP. And if you are a Scorp fan you already know he doesn't need it and it's a waste of move options, lol.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
1. I like it, but it is cheap that it gives you the opportunity to punish someone. I feel like it should put both players back to a neutral state.

2. No.

Should chip damage kill?
3. Yes. I don't see why it shouldn't. I guess it is frustrating if you're playing against a zoner, but then again that's the name of the game.

4. Yes. I feel like they should be way less safe to use than they are, and I think they should use all your offensive meter.

5. No.

6. No, they're fine as they are and if they are unsafe, then it'll force people to use them in combos, as they should, which is a good comeback mechanic.

7. No.

Should the popup damage after a flawless block be scaled down to reduce damage?
8. Yes, you already get a combo out of it so the damage shouldn't be astronomical.

Should Dash Speed Be Increased (Pretend Ed Boon didn’t confirm movement would be buffed on release)?
9. Yes, but not too much. Walking felt good, but I never used the dash because it was a bit too slow in comparison.

Should Walk Speed Be Increased (Pretend Ed Boon didn’t confirm movement would be buffed on release)?
10. No.

Should jumps be less floaty (for example, by increasing overall jump speed)?
11. I'm conflicted. I think cross-ups should be possible, but I don't want it to be like IJ2.

12. No, you can already hit confirm into a small combo off of jump kicks in this game.

13. Yes. If they balance abilities correctly, having OP variations shouldn't be an issue.

RANDOM: Should MK11 Tournaments run a best 3 out of 5 round format (at a minimum) for all matches?
14. Yes, sometimes it takes a few matches to get used to your opponent's playstyle.

1. Breakaway-

I've said my piece. I think it's going to need nerfing eventually.

2. Breakers-

No they shouldn't. Breakaway can work.

3. Chip kills-

Yes

4. Fatal blows-

No. Fatal blows should be adjusted depending on the character. Some should be full combo punishable, some shouldn't.

5. Fatal cooldown-

Yeah they should probably have a longer cd. I don't see a point on one per round if the cd is long enough. Should force your opponent to take advantage of the gap before it comes back or deal with it again.

6. Fatal damage-

No don't decrease it. Again it should be character specific uses.

7. Should DOT's kill-

Yes. It's part of the moves damage. It should be lethal.

8. Popup scaling-

Yes? I'm not sure, but that might be a good way to keep it from being to absurd.

9. Dash speed-

Yes. As is it's pointless

10. Walk speed-

No. It's good as is

11. Jumps-

No. They're fine as is.

12. NJP-

No. Different mechanic for a different game.

13. Custom variations-

I'd like to see it, but i'm not sure it's feasible.

14. 3 out of 5-

No. As nice as that sounds tournaments have real time logistical issues to deal with and this game WILL be slower than previous MK's. People literally don't have time for that.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I prefer combo breakers, but with recharging meter I feel like this is a way better alternative.

Nope.

Should chip damage kill?
Yes, unless flawless blocking was used.

Absolutely.

Yes, no more than once per round seems fine.

Yes, 40% is too much for an armored reversal, and same goes ffor FB combos. Besides if you kill your opponent with a fatal blow before he's given the chance to use his own it means that you are rewarded for bad play, and I think that's pretty bad design.

Nah.

Depends if they reduce the damage and by how much, but yes: FB combos do way too much at the moment.

Should Dash Speed Be Increased (Pretend Ed Boon didn’t confirm movement would be buffed on release)?
Yes, it should be faster than walking and the prefered way of moving when not up close.

Should Walk Speed Be Increased (Pretend Ed Boon didn’t confirm movement would be buffed on release)?
No.

No, unless anti airs and anti cross ups get both a huge buff.

I like them, but I'm sure how good they'd feel in MK11. I'm not sure.

Without doubt, yes.

RANDOM: Should MK11 Tournaments run a best 3 out of 5 round format (at a minimum) for all matches?
Indeed.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
-Yes. I think the biggest issue here is that it ruins the idea of the hallowed "BnB" combo. This new mechanic means that combos aren't an exercise in muscle memory where you can plan your next setup. Now it is something that forces you to keep making reads. At the very least this will lead to every character having a safe BnB for when the opponent has access to breakaway and another BnB for when they cant. Also this will lead to more combos that leave the opponent standing for other forms of mixups. This mechanic leads to more depth in the game and more visual variety for spectators. MKX was touch into BnB over and over. I think this was made with the idea of changing that.

Nope. Leave it in the past. No more "YOLO because I have breaker".

Yes. Personal preference based on how much chip damage matters in MK.

This depends on what other changes come to Fatal Blows. Changes like damage is decreased or cooldown increased or only used once per round will all matter in the decision of whether they should be full combo punishable. In their current state...yes. With other changes? Possibly not.

In it's current form. Yes

Ehh...its a lot but the emotion you get being caught on either side is pretty hype so I say let it rock.

Yes. The fact that the damage doesn't all happen at once is already worse than just doing all that dmg in one hit. DOT already gives the opponent a few seconds for a last desperation combo to steal the round

Yeah probably. They seem easier than I first thought.

Yep

A little, yes.

They seem fine.

I'm fine with gear moves like Scorpion, but generally no.

YES. I didn't think it would work at first, but after the stress test I am 100% on board with custom variations in competitive.

The more the merrier.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
1. I like it, but it is cheap that it gives you the opportunity to punish someone. I feel like it should put both players back to a neutral state.

2. No.

Should chip damage kill?
3. Yes. I don't see why it shouldn't. I guess it is frustrating if you're playing against a zoner, but then again that's the name of the game.

4. Yes. I feel like they should be way less safe to use than they are, and I think they should use all your offensive meter.

5. No.

6. No, they're fine as they are and if they are unsafe, then it'll force people to use them in combos, as they should, which is a good comeback mechanic.

7. No.

8. Yes, you already get a combo out of it so the damage shouldn't be astronomical.

9. Yes, but not too much. Walking felt good, but I never used the dash because it was a bit too slow in comparison.

10. No.

11. I'm conflicted. I think cross-ups should be possible, but I don't want it to be like IJ2.

12. No, you can already hit confirm into a small combo off of jump kicks in this game.

13. Yes. If they balance abilities correctly, having OP variations shouldn't be an issue.

14. Yes, sometimes it takes a few matches to get used to your opponent's playstyle.
Love your a choices except No on DoT kill. Otherwise I agree 100%

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
What's up with all you maniacs all about chip kills? It takes so much intensity out of the game. How many matches have you been close to killing so you just mash a projectile until it chips them to death. It's lame. Simple as that. Go in there and get that hit so you EARN your kill.

P. S. I do think fatal blow chip should kill.