What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Reptile [Post Patch] Reptile MU List

I played the GM matchup once post patch and it felt even or maybe even in Reptile's favor. It's amazing how just one change can turn a MU completely cos pre patch it was easily 7-3 or even 8-2 in GM's favor.

I think Reptile beats Quan, across the board. Warlock was the best one but he can no longer full combo punish Reptiles gaps for a bar.

Warlock 6-4
Summoner 6-4
Sorcerer 6-4
I can agree with that considering how much shit Quan has to put up with in the Oki.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
I'll need to play the match a bit more but Summoner could be a potential 7-3 for Reptile, he has an absolute ton of tools to ensure that Quan can't get the bat out. I'll leave it 6-4, for now, but I'll revisit the Summoner matchup, for sure.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
So what's this uber change people say beats the shit out of grandmaster now?

Aside from spit breaking his clones and being safe, ofc.

M.D.

Slide is not safe, and flip only has 1 hit of armor which breaks clone and you get hit by b2 d2 etc, not viable at all. Playing with a mate of mine with GM all weird shit happens when I armor flip through clone and over 50% of the time in his favor.

M.D.

Yes, and only because of BUGS from GM side.

Random BROKEN cooldown on clone so you never can tell when he does it in your face.
Instant BROKEN clone point blank counter to your dashes even if it shouldn't come out at that distance.
BROKEN slide going under mid forceballs.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
@M.D. people don't think Reptile beats Grandmaster, we just think it's now 4-6 instead of 3-7 like it was. The spit buffs give Reptile a usable projectile and meterless option for the klone from a distance with recovery good enough to win iceball trades.

M.D.

Um...trolling with truth?

Slide is broken, it shouldn't go under forceball. Reptile's slide doesn't.
Clone is designed to not come out point blank, this is not unbreakable. Yet it still does in some situations, because it's bugged and broken.
Clone cooldown being random and having issues with being consistent is known, and bugged.

And these three bugs that make grandmaster broken, are part of the main problems for reptile in this matchup.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So maybe.. don't use forceball? There are a lot of matchups for a lot of characters where they can't use certain tools, this isn't something Sub specifically does to characters.