What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Reptile [Post Patch] Reptile MU List

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Also how come no one is talking about his new bnb.. We need to end combos with far pounce instead of slide. It splats and does 1% more damage

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
cool little thing i hadn't realized, but still think the variation is kinda pointless haha. imo deceptive is without a doubt the best variation, not even close..

nimble is mostly gimmicks
I guess. Noxious really doesn't offer him any tools :( :(

Zaccel

Noob
This is news to me lol.
It's day 2 stuff for our hyper super secret Noxious Discord no-girls-allowed tech society country club XL playa. It doesn't amount to much over the course of a round, but block-based pressure characters have a hell of a time coming back if they don't find an opening late in a match.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Just doing research on Reptile, I always thought Reptile (Nimble and Noxious) put GM in a bind if he gets corner positioned. (Some Nimble player and I were going back to back for the corner and his combos were smooth). Shouldn't it be like 5-5?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It's day 2 stuff for our hyper super secret Noxious Discord no-girls-allowed tech society country club XL playa. It doesn't amount to much over the course of a round, but block-based pressure characters have a hell of a time coming back if they don't find an opening late in a match.
What does it have to do with block based pressure if it only applies on hit? Feel like you might have not known about it haha

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I dunno, I don't see Reptile V Reptile as a 5/5.. closer to 10/0. I mean, nothing, NOTHING he can do can stop Reptile from.winning. doesn't matter how well he plays. What reads he makes, what tools he uses or tech he knows, reptile is ALWAYS going to win this MU.

Cough. I have absolutely nothing of value to add. I never do.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Firstly, thank you to D7X for posting his numbers and offering a fresh discussion, please ignore anyone that says "no lol" or dismisses the numbers outright, without offering a counter argument.

I agree with pretty much all the numbers stated by Happypow but wanted to offer my numbers on the characters missing in the OP.

I will happily discuss them if anyone would like me to, I may be wrong but these are what the matches feel like to me.

Goro Tigrar Fury 6-4, Dragon Fangs 6-4, Kuatan Warrior 5-5

Cyber Sub Zero 5-5

Cyrax 6-4

Smoke 5-5

Kenjutsu 7-3

Ronin 4-6

Lasher 6-4

Mournful 4-6

Last edited:

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Can you guys elaborate how Displacer noticeably shuts down Reptile?
Teleport and EX teleport. He doesn't give a shit about forceball and spit as he can buzz around the screen on reaction and maul you for even trying to start your game, his projectile also trades pretty well with Reptiles. His 50/50's now being made safe by shocker and his amazing safe armour means he has to take virtually no risk against Reptile. You pretty much have to block for the entire matchup, guess right pretty much everytime and seize any opening to get damage, problem being, as soon as he knocks Displacer down, EX teleport comes into the equation and it's Raidens turn all over again, until you guess right or die.

HappyPow

Noob
Lol exactly, teleport. Displacer as every other characters with a teleport can punish Rep for zoning. Reacting on forceball, guessing on spite and can even whiff punish the pounce through a random teleport. Plus Rep has some gaps where he can Ex telep to punish AND... The fact is you don't have to spend a bar to get over 30%.
I think I'll leave the answers to Yer_da. It seems that we see the same things overall.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
what gaps? only one i know is b1d4*forceball. I still dont get why Sektor is 5-5 he can punish his zoning as hard as Displacer and zone him well which Displacer cant do, besides Sektor has much better mids.

HappyPow

Noob
what gaps? only one i know is b1d4*forceball. I still dont get why Sektor is 5-5 he can punish his zoning as hard as Displacer and zone him well which Displacer cant do, besides Sektor has much better mids.
Me? I never said sektor was a 5-5. It is a 7-3. Yes he has gaps : Example 141 which is +2 and interesting because of the pushback has a gap. One of his best strings F21 has a gap if you end it in order to make it safe, Claw or pounce. Everything into forceballs have gaps but that is quite normal. He also has a gap on 2124 which is really bad so the character itself doesn't have a good pressure indeed, a good zoning tho. So he gets destroyed by every TP characters or low profiling zoners (kinda) with a good close pressure. IMO Reptile is meant to play on reactions because he has a lot of tools so you can just wait your opponent to do do something but vs Sektors, Ermac and so on you can't just get in like that. You need to play smart and unfortunately most of the time you have to spend a bar to guarantee your turn.

Last edited:
Reactions: D7X

HappyPow

Noob
yeah. it is still very difficult. I would say 6.5-3.5 but i guess its not allowed
Guys, can you seriously tell me where Reptile struggles vs Sub? (I'll guess you'll tell me "in the corner" but he has almost more options than the rest of the cast, especially with the interactables on the map. One low armor, one oh armor, tongue going through the klone, slime ball that can get out and hit an advancing move or break the klone).

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Guys, can you seriously tell me where Reptile struggles vs Sub? (I'll guess you'll tell me "in the corner" but he has almost more options than the rest of the cast, especially with the interactables on the map. One low armor, one oh armor, tongue going through the klone, slime ball that can get out and hit an advancing move or break the klone).
The match wasn't amazing prepatch but the safe OH armour is a blessing. At the absolute worst I'd say 6-4 Sub but I think it's more of a 5-5.

EDIT: I know you played Taco the other night so maybe you can shed some light on this but if they really knew the matchup and Reptiles gaps and with the parry/aura being buffed, I think Unbreakable could be better than Grandmaster against Reptile.