What's new

Strategy - Dragons Fire Post Patch FBRC Data

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
As a non LK main (but I did kinda learn him early), I like that there is more of a mind game in his cancels. Instead of him touching me with a button and geetting safe chip with no possible answers back.

Is FF or DF the one to go to now? FF I can deal but DF gets me salty.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
As a non LK main (but I did kinda learn him early), I like that there is more of a mind game in his cancels. Instead of him touching me with a button and geetting safe chip with no possible answers back.

Is FF or DF the one to go to now? FF I can deal but DF gets me salty.
It depends, really. Unless you consider your opponent to be really good (ie, can hit cancels frame perfect with ease) just armor through any fireball cancels, because chances are fantastic that the pressure is fraudulent. At that point, if he's decent, he'll start using b12 to break armor. From there, it's all about the mind games.

DF without block pressure isn't really an exceptional character to fight against, imo. Just do what you normally would against block strings with gaps for your character (backdash, armor, etc).

He can compete fine with the top characters. He doesn't have bullshit but he has good loopable plus frames and good footsies and space control.

He has f12 fbrc which starts at 6 frames.
Isn't that a high though? f1? That makes a difference. If not, then I'll look into using that.

Sorry but got to disagree but where do u place Liu Kang in your opinion? And who do you class as the top 5?
My point is that he is incredibly tame compared to some of the more broken stuff that exists. As for my top 5, prepatch (since I don't know how important F/T, Jacqui, etc buffs are yet), I would say... Raiden/Predator, D'vorah, Quan, Cassie, Kung Lao, in reverse order. There is a lot I might switch around if I thought on it longer, and I don't know who I would make #5 between Raiden and Predator.

Isn't that a high though? f1? That makes a difference. If not, then I'll look into using that.

My point is that he is incredibly tame compared to some of the more broken stuff that exists. As for my top 5, prepatch (since I don't know how important F/T, Jacqui, etc buffs are yet), I would say... Raiden/Predator, D'vorah, Quan, Cassie, Kung Lao, in reverse order. There is a lot I might switch around if I thought on it longer, and I don't know who I would make #5 between Raiden and Predator.
Fair enough but Liu doesn't lose too any of them though, maybe vs kl but none of those others, Liu Kang pressure is beast

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It depends, really. Unless you consider your opponent to be really good (ie, can hit cancels frame perfect with ease) just armor through any fireball cancels, because chances are fantastic that the pressure is fraudulent. At that point, if he's decent, he'll start using b12 to break armor. From there, it's all about the mind games.

DF without block pressure isn't really an exceptional character to fight against, imo. Just do what you normally would against block strings with gaps for your character (backdash, armor, etc).
Sucks that you have to be frame perfect for the 2 string but I do prefer the b1 mind game. I'll keep in mind to armor more. And I meant FF gets me salty. Just hate fighting LK with that parry.

Sucks that you have to be frame perfect for the 2 string but I do prefer the b1 mind game. I'll keep in mind to armor more. And I meant FF gets me salty. Just hate fighting LK with that parry.
U only have to be frame perfect after b34 cancel , f213 fbrc might even be plus 13 or 14 tops . I suppose option selecting armour is always an option inbetween the fbrcs as the armour will come out if there's a gap and if no gap then It will just block , but you'll need like lol spin or cassie flip kick, but if u play a decent Liu then there will be no gaps , so don't try to backdash out of his pressure unless u maybe see them start with f44 with full stamina , don't make your main strategy too beat Liu just armouring or back dashing , that's not the way, that's like saying just presume that ur opponent sux and take advantage lolol :D

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
Hello liu kang enthusiast! can you guys check if Enhanced Fireball run cancel is better in terms of not losing frame advantage on certain links. such as f+4 into EN FBRC or standing 2 EN FBRC since 22 goes into over head. just throwing ideas out there for horrible block strings. Also, can you parry attacks after jump ins with FF stance. i cant test anything since my right hand is fractured :(

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Hello liu kang enthusiast! can you guys check if Enhanced Fireball run cancel is better in terms of not losing frame advantage on certain links. such as f+4 into EN FBRC or standing 2 EN FBRC since 22 goes into over head. just throwing ideas out there for horrible block strings. Also, can you parry attacks after jump ins with FF stance. i cant test anything since my right hand is fractured :(
You can parry attacks after in jump in kicks. You cannot parry attacks after a jump in punch, because timed correctly those are true blockstrings.

Nice!!! Thanks for keeping your liu fam updated bro. Question, when would you use b2 in cancel pressure? Would u use it after f213 personally?
Offline now I would for sure :D free overhead mixup with no gap :D deffinately a deal breaker , I trusted it was +13 after dizzy tested it so I didn't test the b2 , unless of course b2 is actually 13 frames not 14 , but s4 also jails after f213 fbrc which s4 is plus 14 also so I think it's correct :D , great news for us :) :D , I still believe b1 to be 10 frames , for example do Kung Lao reversal regular spin and do s1 into b1 or fkmb into b1 , you will never trade with spin :(

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
So when should one use an ex fbrc during a match? I know it adds frames and make the cancel more plus but what strings should I really be using it for? Looking at the new updated fbrc data b12 and f12 is -0/0 on block which I can honestly only think of for now, I'm sure there other reasons.

I just don't want to be that guy wasting meter for no apparent reason so Liu mains please burn me out with your knowledge.

So when should one use an ex fbrc during a match? I know it adds frames and make the cancel more plus but what strings should I really be using it for? Looking at the new updated fbrc data b12 and f12 is -0/0 on block which I can honestly only think of for now, I'm sure there other reasons.

I just don't want to be that guy wasting meter for no apparent reason so Liu mains please burn me out with your knowledge.
Imo i would use a mb fbrc for b12, f12, and f44 (depending on the mu).

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
Imo i would use a mb fbrc for b12, f12, and f44 (depending on the mu).
I can see why it would be smart to use it for b12 and f12 as they are 0/-0 and mb fbrc can make it more plus on block. F44 probably depending on the mu like you said because kappa.

kaseyk

Noob
I would say never use exfbrc just cancel into bf2 Mb instead for chip meter rebuild and plus 2 with no room for error .

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
someone should make a POST PATCH JC AL

dont know if its true, but i here 114 is untouched, and is still rocking? and his F3 still works into 11