What's new

Strategy - Dragons Fire Post Patch FBRC Data

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
I think it's a fair compromise now that the hotfix allows you to buffer the RC'a again. Would like to have more plus on f213 but no one is allowed to have anymore jailing strings so I'm okay with it now.

FYI f213 fbrc into b12 will break armor so at least you have options and can play mind games now

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
f213 fbrc still jails. Just need to have perfect execution, as there are no more room for error on your timing
Which can be a good mind game. Do I go for another f213? Do I elect for b12 to fish out armor? Do I throw? Do I block? Do I jump?

Kind of nice possibilities here gents and it leaves your opponent thinking more and waste a bar potentially.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Which can be a good mind game. Do I go for another f213? Do I elect for b12 to fish out armor? Do I throw? Do I block? Do I jump?

Kind of nice possibilities here gents and it leaves your opponent thinking more and waste a bar potentially.
If you do F213 FBRC they can't armour before the next string, so there is no point in doing b12 as it will end your + frames.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
If you do F213 FBRC they can't armour before the next string, so there is no point in doing b12 as it will end your + frames.
When I tested against Jax he was able to armor dash fist before my next f213. Granted that's the cpu which can armor at the first possible frame but it's possible unless you do perfect execution

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
When I tested against Jax he was able to armor dash fist before my next f213. Granted that's the cpu which can armor at the first possible frame but it's possible unless you do perfect execution
You weren't doing the cancels fast enough. Done quick enough, they are completely jailed into a normal of up to 12 frames of start up. It has to be assumed that f213 is been done quick enough to jail into a follow up.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Hey, go to another pressure character's forum that jails with that nonsense. Better yet, I'll take Pig's advice and add you to my ignore list.

Edit: Can't ignore a mod, gg.
i took your suggestion and ended up back in the liu kang forum.
maybe thats because hes the only character in the game that has a loop with the same 3 hit mid starter blockstring repped 3 times in row, thats only cost is stamina.

i dont see a problem with me posting i thought they'd be out of the game with this patch,
all other blockstrings that could be looped were going and they changed the data on his fbc so i was disappointed to find out that the loop still jails,
so relax yourself

Reactions: JDM

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
i took your suggestion and ended up back in the liu kang forum.
maybe thats because hes the only character in the game that has a loop with the same 3 hit mid starter blockstring repped 3 times in row, thats only cost is stamina.

i dont see a problem with me posting i thought they'd be out of the game with this patch,
all other blockstrings that could be looped were going and they changed the data on his fbc so i was disappointed to find out that the loop still jails,
so relax yourself
It's kind of dumb, but taking the last hit midscreen is probably the best way to deal with it.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
To loop with F213 FBRC F213 FBRC F213 you need to input all of this with microscopical accuracy. If you fail even the slightest, you can be poked out of this pressure or be armor reversed.

This thing now requires some massive amout of skill in order to do it 10 out of 10 times in a row against AI in practice mode when you put Reversal On. Try it and tell me why it should be gone even now when today it requires your fingers to be broken a few times before you master it. And I'm talking about only practice mode, imagine to do it in a heat of battle with max preciseness. Most of the time you will get a gap and will be armor reversed. Or maybe it's just me being a bad player.

It is like the main weapon of Dragon's Fire and it shouldn't be gone entirely. As a Champion of Mortal Kombat he is allowed to take that cheap damage out of you.

Unlike other pressure characters, Liu Kang doesn't have cheap 50/50 combo starters.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I thought the hotfix fixed his FBC back to the way it was. I'm finding it wierd trying to pull of f44 FBC into f44, it seems slower.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I wish they would update the PC version so I can test this stuff.

If what GreatKungLoa says is true, I don't expect a DF Liu to make it very far in a high stakes tournament, but you never know.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I thought the hotfix fixed his FBC back to the way it was. I'm finding it wierd trying to pull of f44 FBC into f44, it seems slower.
The hotfix only altered how the system recognises run cancel inputs. It did not undo the specific nerf to DF's fireball cancels, which made the cancel window four frames later into the animation.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
F213 fbrc really isn't to difficult to get then to jail. And even if you're not confident in your ability to pull them off, you can follow up with b12 which will break nearly all armour anyway.

I really hate this idea that heavy plus frames aren't effective because your opponent can armour out as an option sometimes. If that happened then the opponent in most cases put their balls on the line for a read, and you didn't make the correct read. Tough titties, you shouldn't be allowed to endlessly lock your opponent down.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
F213 fbrc really isn't to difficult to get then to jail. And even if you're not confident in your ability to pull them off, you can follow up with b12 which will break nearly all armour anyway.

I really hate this idea that heavy plus frames aren't effective because your opponent can armour out as an option sometimes. If that happened then the opponent in most cases put their balls on the line for a read, and you didn't make the correct read. Tough titties, you shouldn't be allowed to endlessly lock your opponent down.
True in theory. I just think no one wants to be stuck with a fair character in a broke man's game (as Pig likes to say).

Testing and breakdowns are needed. If I could test it, I could use After Effects or a similar program to really examine the situation.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
People can do the run cancels into b12 so unless you are using armour faster than like 8 frames you get it broken. When you respect that AND the fact your opponent might have the execution to jail it once in a while, you really should NOT be pushing buttons in this matchup. In a ranked match online maybe but sitting down in a tournament match with a competent DF Liu Kang, its not worth the risk at all.

Its dumb and a little strange that the patch didnt take the blockstring away but theres no mixups apart from tick throws so its just some chip "pressure". Pokes and armour are way too risky unless you know your opponent, nobody likes to hear it (because its not a fair situation) but getting hit by the end of the string is a better idea than trying to poke, and thats saying something.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
True in theory. I just think no one wants to be stuck with a fair character in a broke man's game (as Pig likes to say).

Testing and breakdowns are needed. If I could test it, I could use After Effects or a similar program to really examine the situation.
You don't really need to do that though as it's very simple on paper. Nor is it theory either. Liu Kang has an armour breaking move that kills most backdashes, is safe on block (plus with a bar) and on hit grants a full combo, when most characters just have to block if the read armour. And can still loop plus strings, it's not like this variation cant do his pressure anymore.

Parasurama

Dragon
So PC was not hot fixed?

QUOTE="Enexemander, post: 1889717, member: 39199"]I wish they would update the PC version so I can test this stuff.

If what GreatKungLoa says is true, I don't expect a DF Liu to make it very far in a high stakes tournament, but you never know.[/QUOTE]