What's new

Match Footage - D'Vorah Post patch D'Vorah Sets!

Ok, I'm just going to run over some basics that you should be keeping in mind. You need to prioritize the corner. You're deadliest there. It's where your hard to blockables become much harder to escape and at the very least you can use extremely plus on block oki.

You don't seem to understand or know how BM's pressure/staggers work, so I'm going to give a quick run down of what I do to condition people. By switching between f112~ df1/db1/df3/canceling you can condition a series of different required reactions to deal with each one of them. F112~df1 has no gap, except against characters that can low profile it while blocking low, and is -2. If your opponent has shown they're late with their counter pokes, feel free to check them afterwards with a d1.

Establishing that will let you get away with things like f112~db1, which will beat counter pokes and is +12 on block, allowing you to start over. What you're really waiting for them to do though is try and crossover jump you to get away. This opens them up to an AA combo, so be ready for it. I tend to use d1, f34, d1, f44~df3. Puddle is beaten by a number of things (armor, forward advancing normals, back dashes, certain d2's, ia dive kicks, etc), so if your opponent knows how to handle it consistently, drop this entirely.

Ending with krawler can blow up attempted movement and counter pokes for a full combo. It's -3 on block, but it has a gap to armor through.

F112~bug cancel is about +2 on block if you're perfect. This doesn't even guarantee a d1 against any character with a 6f poke. I find that canceling into block to bait armors is one of the most effective things you can do with it, but I also tend to turn it into a 50/50 of canceling into strike/throw. Hopefully by this point the opponent is also thoroughly conditioned to block low after f112, allowing you to sneak in an overhead f34.

Then of course there are regular staggers with 11, 113, 2, 21, f1, f11, f3, throws, etc. They're all useful. Be aware of the spacing they put you at and the range of your opponents pokes so you can shimmy back and hopefully punish a counter poke with f11~df3. Also, I can not tell you how many times I have gotten people with 212~df1 because everyone blocks 212 expecting a puddle at the end to jump.

This was supposed to be a quick run down and I wrote half a guide :/
F112 cancel is at least plus 6 from what I tested. Also not sure but i think 212 xx Krawler can be interrupted?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
F112 cancel is at least plus 6 from what I tested. Also not sure but i think 212 xx Krawler can be interrupted?
Yes, it can be interrupted, which doesn't even account for the gap in 212. It's a gimmick I find worth mentioning because people aren't used to it at all. When they see 212 on block, many people expect a puddle to jump.

Also, I'm going to need proof that it's +6. It's possible my execution isn't tight enough to see how plus it really is, but that feels like a bit of an extraordinary claim. Can you post a video of f112~bug cancel into f1 beating Lao's reversal ex spin? That would be prove it definitively.

Yes, it can be interrupted, which doesn't even account for the gap in 212. It's a gimmick I find worth mentioning because people aren't used to it at all. When they see 212 on block, many people expect a puddle to jump.

Also, I'm going to need proof that it's +6. It's possible my execution isn't tight enough to see how plus it really is, but that feels like a bit of an extraordinary claim. Can you post a video of f112~bug cancel into f1 beating Lao's reversal ex spin? That would be prove it definitively.
212 does jail from certain distances. After 212 on block(rare) I usually just cancel with backdash to stay relatively safe.

The first thing i tested when i picked up BM(pretty much dropped SQ post patch) was the advantage on block off F112 cancel. I set Kitana to reversal Throat Slice(11f) and i could stuff it with standing 4 which is 15(essentially 16) frames. So yeah a 16 frame move stuffing an 11 frame move = +6 at least.

Second Saint

212 does jail from certain distances. After 212 on block(rare) I usually just cancel with backdash to stay relatively safe.

The first thing i tested when i picked up BM(pretty much dropped SQ post patch) was the advantage on block off F112 cancel. I set Kitana to reversal Throat Slice(11f) and i could stuff it with standing 4 which is 15(essentially 16) frames. So yeah a 16 frame move stuffing an 11 frame move = +6 at least.
You don't just get to add a frame and say it's 16 now. She has a 16 frame move in s3, so you can actually test one. By the test you mentioned it's at least +5, which I was able to recreate.. Haven't stuffed it with s3 yet, but still trying.

Edit: Got it with s3. +6 confirmed. I don't think it's any more than that as it was pretty tight as is.

Last edited:
You don't just get to add a frame and say it's 16 now. She has a 16 frame move in s3, so you can actually test one. By the test you mentioned it's at least +5, which I was able to recreate.. Haven't stuffed it with s3 yet, but still trying.

Edit: Got it with s3. +6 confirmed. I don't think it's any more than that as it was pretty tight as is.
I thought it was already established and common knowledge that MKX in-game frame data lists the actual startup frames(i.e doesn't include the first active frame), and reversals startup a frame faster. So no, i didn't just add a frame cos i felt like, that is the actual execution of her standing 4.

If you stuffed it with standing 3 then it's +7. I have no idea why you thought +6 was "extraordinary" and it was as low as +2, lol.

Second Saint

I thought it was already established and common knowledge that MKX in-game frame data lists the actual startup frames(i.e doesn't include the first active frame), and reversals startup a frame faster. So no, i didn't just add a frame cos i felt like, that is the actual execution of her standing 4.

If you stuffed it with standing 3 then it's +7. I have no idea why you thought +6 was "extraordinary" and it was as low as +2, lol.
Because when I tested it, that's all I could get. I didn't just pull it out of the air, but clearly my execution was lacking and I should've kept at it.

And I asked for proof because I have literally never seen anyone else say it's +6. Why should I not question something contrary to my own tests when there's conflicting data? Yeah, extraordinary was a stretch though.

Last edited: