What's new

POST PATCH CAPTAIN COLD COMBOS!

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I love it when pr() players counterpick flash and catwoman with cold, "brah aima mb puddlein' and chargin mah trait guaranteed brah 10-0 matchap rait hier" and then they get vaporized back to their random top tier black batman pick.

I love it.

Just block the damn MB puddle(Yes scrubs!... It can be blocked in any moment like Sub Zero Ice clone)... or charge meter like flash does, Catwoman can gain meter doing cat evade..etc etc... Captain Cold is absolute garbage.. And If You lose to some Captain Cold main... You should check down the decisions made on Your life....

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I love it when pr() players counterpick flash and catwoman with cold, "brah aima mb puddlein' and chargin mah trait guaranteed brah 10-0 matchap rait hier" and then they get vaporized back to their random top tier black batman pick.

I love it.

They are very bad M.Us

I love it.
Hey, can you post some game play in my thread "Captain Cold Matches" so we can show people he's still viable?

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Just block the damn MB puddle(Yes scrubs!... It can be blocked in any moment like Sub Zero Ice clone)... or charge meter like flash does, Catwoman can gain meter doing cat evade..etc etc... Captain Cold is absolute garbage.. And If You lose to some Captain Cold main... You should check down the decisions made on Your life....
False

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing

I love it.
For me it's more like, "Thank Christ, a chance in hell to actually use trait." Not even that anything is guaranteed with that, but suddenly it's an actual option and a warm feeling stirs in your chest with the realization, "It could just be like this. Cold could just do this every game."

And then you think about Batman, Canary, Adam, and practically every other character with better, auto-charging traits and you become physically ill.

#buffCold

foxof42

Oh.... the new Optimist leaf.... How cute!... I've tried and go to tourney with Him however and I tell You this... In a game full of zoners He's anti rush-down. And in even that He's garbage. No plus frames no low combo starter... no overhead starter... an all high string... in short He's garbage alright....
No plus frames? What about +4 advancing overhead? What about the all-highs string at +2? What about his b3 and f3 at +6? Yeah, I think his OH should link to puddle, but it'll still get you a combo in the corner.

No plus frames? What about +4 advancing overhead? What about the all-highs string at +2? What about his b3 and f3 at +6? Yeah, I think his OH should link to puddle, but it'll still get you a combo in the corner.
You know what?. Whatever dude... You all can have this "awesome" tournament viable character all for yourselves. I'm done.

Oh.... the new Optimist leaf.... How cute!... I've tried and go to tourney with Him however and I tell You this... In a game full of zoners He's anti rush-down. And in even that He's garbage. No plus frames no low combo starter... no overhead starter... an all high string... in short He's garbage alright....
I'm pretty sure 122 and b232 are plus. F3 is an overhead and db3MB is a low. People block low most of the time anyway so a low starter would be useless since 12db3MB doesn't link. 122 is rarely blocked and that is a string that is underutilized.

You need to make your opponent think about the overhead. If you never 122 or f3, you give them no reason to stand up. Once the overheads are thrown out, then you'll see b232 connect and the fun will begin as you can now b23-db3MB or MBf3.

I advise that you just use all of his tools. He does just fine.

foxof42

Wait, are you saying 12-puddle links in the corner? If so, I didn't know that.
Nah, I just mean 122-bf2, 122- ender. Or you can end in freeze for a setup. Df2-df2 into crossup does well, but df2-3-df2, d1-MBdb3 is good if they aren't familiar with the wakeup window.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Nah, I just mean 122-bf2, 122- ender. Or you can end in freeze for a setup. Df2-df2 into crossup does well, but df2-3-df2, d1-MBdb3 is good if they aren't familiar with the wakeup window.
Interesting. Will test it out on a known easy combo.

BTW, do you mean BF1 (Iceshot)?

foxof42

I honestly think the biggest way to open people up is the headgame after d1-wall. Call me yolo, but I'll often follow up with a MBdb3. It beats a poke, neutral jump, walk back, some backdashes, most armor... And after you have them conditioned, you can go for a 122. I also try to confirm 12 into bf1 for 50 less damage and a +11 restand. If your execution is good, b232 jails and you're plus 2. You can also 122 again once conditioned.

foxof42

Also, if your opponent knows you're neutral after wall, you can d2 to blow up an advancing string.

I honestly think the biggest way to open people up is the headgame after d1-wall. Call me yolo, but I'll often follow up with a MBdb3. It beats a poke, neutral jump, walk back, some backdashes, most armor... And after you have them conditioned, you can go for a 122. I also try to confirm 12 into bf1 for 50 less damage and a +11 restand. If your execution is good, b232 jails and you're plus 2. You can also 122 again once conditioned.
Good stuff. Can you post some vids so the community can see in action? I'll tag you in my thread so you can post there.

M.D.

Wait...wait...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait...so actually... someone actually mentioned b232 as viable in neutral?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..
......HHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Wait...wait...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait...so actually... someone actually mentioned b232 as viable in neutral?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..
......HHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
It's very viable with conditioning. You can also use it as bait like I do. I b23 to get me in range for f23. I'd say about 99% of the time they'll try to advance and whiff punish but the f23 will catch them . It works like a charm because the b23 has amazing recovery.

M.D.

Well I don't know about you but I'm playing with the most soulless notgivingaflyingfkabouttheotherhumanbeinginthegame -6isactually+3 careless people in the universe, so the instant I try b232 not only I can't even get to the 3 but i'm getting d2 and d1 a BAZILLION% punished each time.

It doesn't matter if 99 times they get baited and lose, the 100th time they STILL press and blow up b232.

So yes but no, I can't see how that could work as the only actual viable time to use it is in f4 when they're so slow they can't duck in time, and even then it only works for 2 hits.