What's new

Video/Tutorial - Grandmaster Post patch b1,2 xx clone combo

MK_Salivial

MK Mad Decent
I'm not sure if this is known or not but here ya go..

This negates the clone delay nerf in his b1,2 xx clone corner combo.

What % can you actually land that combo? Why does subs' stuff have to be ridiculously strict. It's very nice if you can pull it off though and they don't know not to low block

Last edited:
That's great news. Thx for that. I just started doing this combo consecutively and I was a bit disappointed seeing it becoming obsolete. How hard is to land b1,2 after that second d1? It looks tight judging how low opponent is getting frozen.

Yeah if you can reliably pull off d1 and then b12 I'll blow you. For me the best options are still f12 knockdown rinse and repeat.

"The new combo is B2, 242, 1, B12 Klone."

I tried that a couple times no klone came out

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Yeah if you can reliably pull off d1 and then b12 I'll blow you. For me the best options are still f12 knockdown rinse and repeat.

"The new combo is B2, 242, 1, B12 Klone."

I tried that a couple times no klone came out
You might be doing it too fast so that the opponent isn't low enough. I've been doing that combo since I first saw the vid pre patch and it's way more online friendly than the other one. Only down side is you can't get anything other than NJK as the ender cause they are too low.

I still reccomend b2, 242, 1, 11~clone. It's not really height dependant. It 99% comes out and freezes male characters. 2% less than the old combo, but I'll definitely trade that for the consistency.

I'm not home to try, but this feels like it should be even more consistent than just doing a single d1 since they will have lower height by default once b1,2 hits. My problem with the old combo was when I did it too fast and had the opponent high enough for the clone not to come out. Will definitely lab it out with this tonight!

BasiKs

get that work make that work work
All clone combos work on males and females - the height restriction on females is just weirder. They can't be too high /or/ too low. Sometimes I'll find the sweet spot 9/10 times in training mode, and other times it's much less consistent. Generally speaking, when the chips are down, I favour spending the meter on MB Ice Ball.

This combo works - b2, b2, 1, d1, b12~clone has been my BnB since before the patch anyway. You can also do b2, b2, 1, 1, d1, b12 which buys even more time, and may be useful if you've set the clone after a NJK knockdown.

b2, 242, 1, b12 also works - buying the most time, but doing the least damage. At the end of the day, the most important thing is just finding a way to consistently get your hard knockdown and clone out. A couple percentage points here or there don't mean much if you aren't hitting the combo consistently, so just do what works for you.

b2, b2, d1, d1, 1, b3 clone works on females.
I do b2, b2, 1, b3 clone now. As long as you get them to pop high enough with the 1 the b3 -> clone always comes out (otherwise b3 whiffs). The combo is definitely too short to allow a new clone with one already setup though, but on the plus side it's super easy on execution.

Leito360

Noob
I still reccomend b2, 242, 1, 11~clone. It's not really height dependant. It 99% comes out and freezes male characters. 2% less than the old combo, but I'll definitely trade that for the consistency.
But it doesn't freeze females, I've been trying the combo againts Mileena, and it didn't come out.