What's new

Breakthrough - Sektor Post Patch 50/50 Armour Break Setup

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
think i posted this yesterday way after hotfix, uprockets still work for me, and he is a very fun character to use on some matchups

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
think i posted this yesterday way after hotfix, uprockets still work for me, and he is a very fun character to use on some matchups

Can you elaborate please on what you mean by "uprocket still work for me"?

Watched your video and wasnt clear to me. Uprocket after f212bb restand can be avoided by run and canceling it into a fast foward moving normal.. Getting past both the on target and in front rocket seems easier after the string compared to when you react to them raw. Trying to contest the pressure after their run in feels too risky... at least more risky for Sektor than the opponent. 11, 21 and f13 got blown up way more than they won or traded the hit. But maybe that was just me.

Dont know much about Cyrax but when you do f212bb~uprockets on block cant he just punish you on reaction? With net or ex saw? Maybe with his slide?

Also when you link full screen uprockets into teleport you sis teleport before the rockets hit. Cyrax could have blocked both and punished you.

Sorry didnt mean to tear your vid appart... was just confused about your wording in conjunction with the video, so i watched it several times and i had questions :)

MadeOfMetal

Can you elaborate please on what you mean by "uprocket still work for me"?

Watched your video and wasnt clear to me. Uprocket after f212bb restand can be avoided by run and canceling it into a fast foward moving normal.. Getting past both the on target and in front rocket seems easier after the string compared to when you react to them raw. Trying to contest the pressure after their run in feels too risky... at least more risky for Sektor than the opponent. 11, 21 and f13 got blown up way more than they won or traded the hit. But maybe that was just me.

Dont know much about Cyrax but when you do f212bb~uprockets on block cant he just punish you on reaction? With net or ex saw? Maybe with his slide?

Also when you link full screen uprockets into teleport you sis teleport before the rockets hit. Cyrax could have blocked both and punished you.

Sorry didnt mean to tear your vid appart... was just confused about your wording in conjunction with the video, so i watched it several times and i had questions :)
bear with me, i am very tired:)

meaning i can still land uppercut after landing uprocket on hit so to me, i was using it just fine.. and played him online for a while, and no not at the highest level of players, but i feel he is very good all around... yeah by no means did i say that anything i did in that video is guaranteed, there is always options for both players to make a read and punish.

but there was one guarranteed setup in that video. i think it was the 1112 HKD setup into meter burn+ normal string Armor breaker.
had AI set to tech and Armor Wakeup. it works very well. and i think if they full delay wakeup, you can bait and punish and put them right back in the same situation!

in that video, i was showing someone who said, he had no other game than his pre hotfix uprocket game, that he has multiple AA's, Great Space Control with B2 EX flame, Standing 3(AA) Standing 4(AA) EX BF1(AA into full combo punish easily hit confirmable) Decent Corner game, Decent Zoning, with great Guessing game, Close uprockets, makes them respect you. normal tracking rockets, gives you another turen if they guess wrong. he has normals that add Guess games, Uprockets Guess game, Zoning guess game, and great space control to make all of it work, alone with his corner game, even though he doesn't have the greatest neutral. all the other tools lets him control the pace of the match if used properly.

that nerf that he got on hotfix wasn't a good thing, but it in no way made him a bad character.

i just can't believe that people where saying day8-9 Sektor was ruined... its impossible for them to even know that.. i mean we haven't even found every tech for him yet, let alone his MU #'s yet!

i love Sektor the way he is, he feels like he excels in the Ways that Cyrax does not, so i use him in some matchups.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The best part about this is Sektor builds meter pretty quick so spending two bars isn't really going to hurt him much. If you have 3 bars you could even go for a safe 50/50.

Afumba

Noob
@ESG Jagged
For me this whole "ruined" thing is more about zoning VS rush down than about Sektor. People see again a powerful zoning tool nerfed. Its more like "why cant i fullscreen punish for his mistake but when he gets in i have to guess a 50/50 to not get comboed". At least thats what i read between the lines.

If i had a say in it... i had changed the upmissiles to act like Cyrax bombs, being able to place them "close - mid - far" instead "on target - in front - behind"+tracking. It would eliminate the tracking weirdness and people runing in willy nilly at the same time.
With the actual hitstun it would also be fair as Sektor gets a combo for the close ones but not for the far ones.

Anyways i agree that people are overeacting to the nerf a bit... but for ppls that dont like to go for 50/50 or prefer just a full keep away game its an understandable reaction. His zoning and spacing are good but is it good enough to win against the stronger offensive characters? With an defensive playstyle? For me personally thats the biggest question... I picked him up to play defensive not offensive.

I disagree with your view on uprocket though. I dont think they are worth much as they are outside off of a few knockdowns. Even fullscreen you can react to them and run past them unless your run is timed badly. Straight rocket isnt an argument here either cuz the animation is different and you have time to block it. So basicaly they are more use on the offense than defense.

Oh..and dont take it personal but you cant hitconfirm fullscreen uprocket into teleport. :)

MadeOfMetal

standard armor break setup 1 bar

and to my brother that said Cyrax armor was good and i shouldn't be complaining

i say i have alot to complain about, when it gets stuffed by a normal that isn't even supposed to Break
Armor

MadeOfMetal

@ESG Jagged
For me this whole "ruined" thing is more about zoning VS rush down than about Sektor. People see again a powerful zoning tool nerfed. Its more like "why cant i fullscreen punish for his mistake but when he gets in i have to guess a 50/50 to not get comboed". At least thats what i read between the lines.

If i had a say in it... i had changed the upmissiles to act like Cyrax bombs, being able to place them "close - mid - far" instead "on target - in front - behind"+tracking. It would eliminate the tracking weirdness and people runing in willy nilly at the same time.
With the actual hitstun it would also be fair as Sektor gets a combo for the close ones but not for the far ones.

Anyways i agree that people are overeacting to the nerf a bit... but for ppls that dont like to go for 50/50 or prefer just a full keep away game its an understandable reaction. His zoning and spacing are good but is it good enough to win against the stronger offensive characters? With an defensive playstyle? For me personally thats the biggest question... I picked him up to play defensive not offensive.

I disagree with your view on uprocket though. I dont think they are worth much as they are outside off of a few knockdowns. Even fullscreen you can react to them and run past them unless your run is timed badly. Straight rocket isnt an argument here either cuz the animation is different and you have time to block it. So basicaly they are more use on the offense than defense.

Oh..and dont take it personal but you cant hitconfirm fullscreen uprocket into teleport. :)
my bro uses the rockets during normal pressure on block, then launches either the straight on one, or the close one, which makes them have to guess either advancing normal punish or wait... the close one will punish the advancing normal, and the on top one will punish the respect of them thinking they did close one.

so i still think they have many uses..

but once you get on hit with up rocket, you get free screen movement, can get out of pressure, a free projectile or a free EX up rocket to rush in.. and so forht, now you know where im coming from. there is still plenty of uses for it. that doesn't involve full screen combo, but can and will be used to open them up later with setups or added pressure.

and maybe i can't Hit confirm UR into TU cuz i have old man reactions at 27 years old.

Afumba

Noob
Nothing to do with age, its just to small of a window.

I know were you are coming from but i still disagree. I might also have a different point of view cuz i dont respect it at all when playing against Sektor, especially in block strings. I mean reactive uppercut alone is enough to trade favorably against it. Also no reason to wait after blocked f212bb~uprocket. How hard can it be to trade favorably against 6%. Maybe i am opinionated cuz of the characters i play...

well then... lets wait and see how it all pans out in the next weeks. :)

This probably isn't the greatest find.
However, if you find yourself against an opponent who constantly delays their wake-up for fear of the mix-up, off of the B+1,2+4EX you can NJP.
If they delay their wake-up the rockets still connect because the opponent stands back up faster than they do off of the 2+4EX and you still get a safe mix-up.
Of course this only works if you find your opponent delaying their get up constantly. I'm currently checking which characters can punish the Up Rocket on wake up.

Last edited:

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
standard armor break setup 1 bar

and to my brother that said Cyrax armor was good and i shouldn't be complaining

i say i have alot to complain about, when it gets stuffed by a normal that isn't even supposed to Break
Armor
Both of these seem really nonviable to me. One of them it seems that Leatherface is techrolling (is he?), which could be punished another way. The other one you armor break on a whiffed 1112. You run to hit him, but you actually miss and he would (for some unknown reason) wakeup on you? Might as well not whiff and just do 114 uprocket like in this thread:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/sektor-consistent-armor-break-loopable.59305/

MadeOfMetal

Both of these seem really nonviable to me. One of them it seems that Leatherface is techrolling (is he?), which could be punished another way. The other one you armor break on a whiffed 1112. You run to hit him, but you actually miss and he would (for some unknown reason) wakeup on you? Might as well not whiff and just do 114 uprocket like in this thread:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/sektor-consistent-armor-break-loopable.59305/
the second video was only showing how bad cyraxs armor was on wakup.. gets stuffed by a move thats not supposed to break armor

and sektors best armor break is F13-DB4,run,21, 1112 EX up rocket 111.

because they can't tech roll it, while the other options can... according to ketchup. i just use his method.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
the second video was only showing how bad cyraxs armor was on wakup.. gets stuffed by a move thats not supposed to break armor
I see. You're talking to your brother... but through this forum.

and sektors best armor break is F13-DB4,run,21, 1112 EX up rocket 111.

This has been nerfed. That's the whole point of this thread and others similar to it (I shared a link with you). Finish with 21 21 114 uprocket.

because they can't tech roll it, while the other options can... according to ketchup. i just use his method.
But that's the thing. With Leatherface, I see him tech rolling (I believe... if not, that is a confusing getting up animation) after you finish with 1112. 1112 used to have more hit advantage and used to be viable. Now 114 up rocket seems to be a good move to give you advantage + armour break.

Last edited:

ryublaze

Noob
To be fair, the long hit advantage was a bug and was never meant to be like that in the first place. I'm still able to break Kung Lao's armor with standing 1 and f13, but not with b1 and b3.