What's new

Post E3 Rundown - In Depth Atrocitus & Grodd Breakdown

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Yo guys! We finally had some time during our Dreamhack hotel downtime to discuss what we thought about Atrocitus and Grodd in Injustice 2.

Topics:
Game Mechanics - 2:07
Atrocitus - 6:51
Grodd - 12:45

We had about 3 hours with the game, so enough to really get hands on with the new characters and discuss what they were all about.

DON'T FORGET, THIS IS ALL FROM A SUPER EARLY BUILD, EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

We figured there really isn't much info for grodd anywhere, so here you go :) Cheers!

Attachments

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
@Doombawkz I think Grodd deserves a goooooood hard look after hearing this. And remember how much I don't like monkeys that talk when I say this too. I was and am generally not a big lover of Grodd in comics as a character. However, i am loving the idea of playing this.

• restands
  • projectile immune
  • lots of grab setups
  • godlike D2
  • float that leads to dashup full combos
  • Bane Charge with no startup, good knockdown, safe on block and you can cancel it
  • DF1 leap that cancels to punch, kick for splat or MB-able grab
  • J2 crossup

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Question: Are string gaps still a thing from what you could tell from the demo?

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
@Doombawkz I think Grodd deserves a goooooood hard look after hearing this. And remember how much I don't like monkeys that talk when I say this too. I was and am generally not a big lover of Grodd in comics as a character. However, i am loving the idea of playing this.

• restands
  • projectile immune
  • lots of grab setups
  • godlike D2
  • float that leads to dashup full combos
  • Bane Charge with no startup, good knockdown, safe on block and you can cancel it
  • DF1 leap that cancels to punch, kick for splat or MB-able grab
  • J2 crossup
While all of this is true, and it's literally everyone's dream Bane (Charge can be cancelled, air dashes, and so on), I don't know if I see myself playing him.
We will see when the hands get in the lab, but I get a feeling he is going to receive no fewer than 3 nerfs over the course of the patching.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Game has been in development for 2 years.
9 months left.

NOTHING will change. I thought all of you were over that wool of bullshit over eyes with "it's just a demo, it will change".

NOTHING, will change. NOTHING.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
9 months left.

NOTHING will change. I thought all of you were over that wool of bullshit over eyes with "it's just a demo, it will change".

So, you do realize that demo builds that they let people play can be older than what's in development, right?

The fact that air techs and rolls were added means that things have changed.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
9 months left.

M.D. at his finest

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
People saying nothing will change lmao. A lot will actually, dragon and sonic told me they were landing 55-60%+ 1 bar combos with atrocitus and super girl and a few other very nutty things. And we were told the game is in development and things are subject to change. 9 months is enough to change anything.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Great insight. Grodd does sound very fun.

What about whiff punishing? Which of the new characters has that walk speed, ranged strings/normals that allow for easy whiff punishing?

When you do Gorrilla charge, how fast is it exactly?

1) flash torpedo
2) Nightwolf shoulder
3) flying Grayson
4) doomsday shoulder
5) Shazam torpedo
6) bane charge

huh

Noob
9 months left.

Legit question here:

From when Injustice 1 was first announced, did the gameplay change on release. I seem to recall some framedata changes by then, with testers complaining about it, but not sure.