What's new

Tech Possible Setups w/ 113 boom cancel

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
When cyborg does his 113 string it leaves him at -7 with some pushback, it is only punishable by supermans super, but if you cancel into his sonic boom (df/b medium) and dash cancel from that it seems to leave you with a usable setup, from what I've tested it seemed that the opponent had to guess whether cyborg will dash out of the boom or let go of it, if he lets go he is left at plus 3 with more pushback on block,doing 2% chip, and on hit the opponent is knocked 3/4 screen with 8% damage, although judging from the tests I've done you can get out of cyborg dashing at you on reaction when you expect the setup, so it is not guaranteed and the opponent can get out of the 113 string anyway considering the first hit of 113 is duckable, however this still opens up many opportunities for cyborg, like dashing away and beginning zoning or using his 1/4 screen command grab, anyway the main point of the thread was to ask if anyone had found the same thing and found a concrete use for the setup/other setups like it? Edit: it is also possible to cancel out of 113 with grappling hook, easily bringing cyborg fullscreen away from the opponent, also a pretty messed up setup considering cyborgs zoning

Depending on the situation and if I landed the hit, I usually cancel the 113 to either Trait for healing or missiles then tackle if they try to dash forward to dodge or stand block the missiles. Most the time I do boom cannon dash cancel into ambiguous cross or dash grab.

If its blocked; I tend to dash back or zipline or dash grab if they blocking to much. Sometimes I get away with dash F3 with MB.

I notice 113 flips them in the air and they land on all fours and if you cancel a sonic boom you can dash right in their face as they are recovering to stand up. What kind of pressure is recommended if you do this option rather than grappling away and zoning?

Alioune

Noob
Thanks I post here too, was thinking about doing a guide when im done with the setups as cyborg is very setup heavy.Like setups to make guarabted db1 safe on blockwith missiles from a knockdown and conversions ,projectiles pattern etc...

IvanP.M.

Noob
Can someone explain to me how to cancel after the 113 please, i can 113 missile but the cancel never comes out.

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
After jump-in 3, do a short walk/twitch then input 113. It'll work every time
That did not answer my question at all. Wtf? I'm not having an issue with j3. It's gettin the three to come out after run o the other side and do 11. The 3 doesn't hit. And when I do land it(barely) running in with 2 doesn't work.

OmegaXF

Booyah!
Can someone upload a 113 combo into SDC or NBC without the use of a j3 or any move that launches the opponent off the ground previous to the use of 113? It seems to me that it is much easier to connect with a SDC (NBC) if the opponent is already off the ground but it seems to be almost impractical to SDC on a grounded opponent who hasn't loss their footing previous before the start of 113.

Lol so looking at how you can techroll out of 113 even though it looks to reset standing, im betting anyamount that someone in testing realised how broken it would be if you couldn't techroll

Resetting with 113 Target acquired leads to really good high low mixups midscreen if they don't tech
The real key is to mix it up between ending juggles with st 2, close Target acquired and 113, medium Target acquired

FiNAL-LiFe-G

*DEMON MODE*
Yeah there's no possible way to continue the 113 loop on ground. Unless the opponent was lex, bane or doom. But d1 after 113 dc will hit all opponents.

FiNAL-LiFe-G

*DEMON MODE*
That did not answer my question at all. Wtf? I'm not having an issue with j3. It's gettin the three to come out after run o the other side and do 11. The 3 doesn't hit. And when I do land it(barely) running in with 2 doesn't work.
After you run under the opponent you have to move closer or wait half a sec. To connect to 2 from dash, you have to do the 113 string perfect enough to launch your opponent higher.