What's new

Question Possible or Just Computer Fun

So, the computer, while playing as smoke can somehow just do the top-down punch from an enhanced teleport punch without the side-to-side punches. Is that possible to do or is it just fun stuff the computer can do?

Synraii

So Salty...
That's the counter on shake: back, forwad, 1
If you use it as a projectile is coming towards you and you use it, you will slam down on your opponent. This slam is COMPLETELY inescapable, it will always hit the opponent.
If you perform the enhanced version, it will activate against: Projectiles, highs, overheads, throws, basically everything that's not a low or an x-ray.
You can hold 1 to maintain the counter for up to 5 seconds on the normal or enhanced version. Abuse this move.

That's the counter on shake: back, forwad, 1
If you use it as a projectile is coming towards you and you use it, you will slam down on your opponent. This slam is COMPLETELY inescapable, it will always hit the opponent.
If you perform the enhanced version, it will activate against: Projectiles, highs, overheads, throws, basically everything that's not a low or an x-ray.
You can hold 1 to maintain the counter for up to 5 seconds on the normal or enhanced version. Abuse this move.
Great, thanks! I had no idea the exact capabilities of his charge until coming to this site. I felt Smoke was underpowered, until u told me what charge does yeeee!

Smoke is such a great character for mindfucking the opponent

Synraii

So Salty...
Just don't try it when your opponent has x-ray, I found this out the hard way XD
Smoke isn't underpowered, he's one of the best: the only tool he's missing is a low launcher & he doesn't really need it. Smokes a bad MF ^_~

It's a great way to get up close against Shang tsung: from full screen, dash, bf1, dash cancel, bf1, dash cancel, bf1 etc etc. Throw it out a lot at range: it's perfectly safe at distance and you can dash out of it - just keep reminding your opponent why projectiles won't work.
The moment they second guess themselves use smoke bomb and remind them why it's such a dangerous projectile.

Synraii

So Salty...
He's a beast. Another trick is to short jump ~ smoke port.
Its uppercut punishable if your opponent's REALLY on the ball but if not its a prime chance to go for an E. bf1, or an E.bf3 to cross up and keep applying pressure.
Its certainly not a tool I'd recommend to use often but if its used sparingly enough you can get away with it quite easily for fear of his options. And for all you online beasts, it may as well be safe XD