What's new

Possible EVO MKXL Side Tournament - By Pig & Co

Should a % Of the Raised Funds be Donated to the Charity?

• Yes

Votes: 52 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 33.3%

• Total voters

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I remember. What I'm afraid of is that pig puts in tons of work and there is no return. Dude works too hard and the community is already full of people who think donating to charity is a bad idea.

I'm out on that note...
I think it's far more likely that just hoping to win the EVO main slot and putting all the money there will end up with zero return. If we throw the tournament ourselves, we know it's going to happen. Then the only question is "How big will the prize pool be" and it really doesn't matter. If the players are there they'll have a good time regardless and it'll be something to remember.

I'm cool with donating to charity, I just think if you're going to do it, don't do it in the hopes of getting an EVO slot or influencing the Cannons -- do it because it's something you want to do.

One example would be like, Scar is fighting Rhabdomyolysis -- you could donate to a charity that funds rhabdomyolysis research as a way of supporting something close to home. But those charities will be still be open before and after EVO.

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think it's far more likely that just hoping to win the EVO main slot and putting all the money there will end up with zero return. If we throw the tournament ourselves, we know it's going to happen. Then the only question is "How big will the prize pool be" and it really doesn't matter. If the players are there they'll have a good time regardless and it'll be something to remember.

I'm cool with donating to charity, I just think if you're going to do it, don't do it in the hopes of getting an EVO slot or influencing the Cannons -- do it because it's something you want to do.

One example would be like, Scar is fighting Rhabdomyolysis -- you could donate to a charity that funds rhabdomyolysis research as a way of supporting something close to home. But those charities will be still be open before and after EVO.
not sure what the argument is though...

We want to rep our community with a side tournament and have a prize pool while others are wanting to do the same but donating to charity to do so...except we don't want to donate to charity and want the money in the prize pool. Am I missing anything?

Competing in a charity is all well and good but there can only be 1 winner and it won't be MKX, not by a long shot.

This way we can have a community funded tournament at Evo even if it isn't on the official roster and at the same time contribute something to the charity just because.
I'm sure the other scenes who don't win will concoct something similar.

Kitanasbiggestfan

PSN: Roger_Melee I Steam: truesician
I'll drop £100 sterling on this. No disrespect to EVO or Make a Wish. I understand the game is on its way out I just love this game, like the idea of the scene supporting itself and would love to see this happen. Let me know if you go ahead and where to send the dough.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
not sure what the argument is though...

We want to rep our community with a side tournament and have a prize pool while others are wanting to do the same but donating to charity to do so...except we don't want to donate to charity and want the money in the prize pool. Am I missing anything?
No, the prize for winning the charity drive is much better than that. Having a Main Stage game with a 10k pot bonus is not the same as running a community organised side event.

It's not that we don't want to donate to charity, we don't want money donated to the pot bonus to go to charity. Take money from the entrance fee, but not from the stream monsters and community members who are donating specifically to contribute to the pot.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
No, the prize for winning the charity drive is much better than that. Having a Main Stage game with a 10k pot bonus is not the same as running a community organised side event.

It's not that we don't want to donate to charity, we don't want money donated to the pot bonus to go to charity. Take money from the entrance fee, but not from the stream monsters and community members who are donating specifically to contribute to the pot.
Yup you did a better job of proving my point than I did.

WHY DID YOU ALL ALLOW MK XL TO DIE AT EVO? I AM PISSED ..WHY WOULD YOU VOTE I2 OVER MK XL? THATS SO STUPID MAN ..EVERY SINGLE TIME NRS RELEASE INJUSTICE IT BOOTS MK OUT OF EVO ..I AM FED UP OF THIS ..MK WILL ALWAYS BE OVER INJUSTICE ..YOU ALL NEED TO STOP JUMPING ON INJUSTICE WAGON AND FORGETTING MK ..YES I LIKE INJUSTICE BUT I PREFER MK XL ..MK 4 EVER ..I AM MAD AT THE WHOLE DAMN COMMUNITY MAN ..THIS SITE IS AN MK SITE ..IT STARTED DUE TO MK AND YOU ALL ABANDON MK XL LIKE THAT FOR INJUSTICE? NO LOYALTY WHAT SO EVER MAN

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
WHY DID YOU ALL ALLOW MK XL TO DIE AT EVO? I AM PISSED ..WHY WOULD YOU VOTE I2 OVER MK XL? THATS SO STUPID MAN ..EVERY SINGLE TIME NRS RELEASE INJUSTICE IT BOOTS MK OUT OF EVO ..I AM FED UP OF THIS ..MK WILL ALWAYS BE OVER INJUSTICE ..YOU ALL NEED TO STOP JUMPING ON INJUSTICE WAGON AND FORGETTING MK ..YES I LIKE INJUSTICE BUT I PREFER MK XL ..MK 4 EVER ..I AM MAD AT THE WHOLE DAMN COMMUNITY MAN ..THIS SITE IS AN MK SITE ..IT STARTED DUE TO MK AND YOU ALL ABANDON MK XL LIKE THAT FOR INJUSTICE? NO LOYALTY WHAT SO EVER MAN
M-O-N-E-Y > Loyalty.

Is this still happening? I really enjoy MKX... this along with T7 and ST side tourney are why I'm going to Evo this year. Capeshit 2 can take a backseat lol

Nothing about this less than a month away? Sheeeit I'll HAUL MY SHIT(a ps4 and broken Asus monitor) to the venue to make this happen if I need to. Sure hope I don't need to.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Would definitely donate. 100%

It's a great idea. Also shows NRS that we ain't about that drop the hot potato lifestyle