What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Possible bug on b1/b12/b122

So I've been noticing after playing the past few days that Jason's b1 (mid) is rather inconsistent on a good chunk of the cast. This is a bit concerning as this is (in my opinion) his most important pressure tool, and opens up his mix up game. b1 is -1 on block, while b122 is -8. Once they respect b122 you can use b1 tick throw, b1 clothesline, sit and punish, etc.b12 can also be confirmed but it is a bit tight. If the b1 whiffs you can't confirm this either. This also applies to Unstoppable as the strings are the same. Without this hitting consistently it's a pretty big blow to Jason's gameplan.

I've gone into training and set every AI to duck, and duck block and written down the results. If it's blank that means it's functioning properly.

This is not alphabetical order, but goes left to right on the character select screen.

Kung Lao
Jax
Sonya
Kenshi
Kitana

Scorpion (b1 whiffs midscreen, b1, b12 whiffs in the corner)

Sub Zero (b1 whiffs midscreen, b1, b12, b122 strings whiffs in corner)

Mileena (When Mileena starts blocking b1 whiffs. She also bobs around. When she goes up a bit it will connect, when she bobs down it won't. b1 whiffs in corner)

Takeda

Cassie (b1 whiffs midscreen/corner)

Jacqui (b1 whiffs midscreen/corner)

Kung Jin (Same results as Mileena. B1 whiffs midscreen/corner)

Shinnok

Kano ( b1 whiffs midscreen, b1, b12 whiffs in corner)

Johnny
Erron
Liu Kang
Ermac
Kotal Kahn

Reptile (Same results as Mileena. b1 whiffs midscreen/corner)

Ferra/Torr

D'Vorah ( b1 whiffs midscreen/corner)

Raiden
Quan Chi
Goro

Edit. This happens if they are crouch blocking or just crouching.

Update. Ghetto cam with it vs Sub.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Welcome to the pain of Jacqui users ._.

Make sure you also test blocking/non blocking, and where they are in their breathing cycle (characters bob up and down when they breathe).

Welcome to the pain of Jacqui users ._.

Make sure you also test blocking/non blocking, and where they are in their breathing cycle (characters bob up and down when they breathe).
I'll adjust the op to mention that. I tested on crouching/crouch blocking. The breathing is also mentioned for Mileena and is the same for Kung Jin/Reptile so I just referenced it instead of typing it out again.

E

Eldriken

This shit is getting fucking STUPID, guys. So many inconsistencies.

Vagrant

Noob
I hope they clean this up but I'm not sure if there's a simple fix.

It would be nice to get some consistency out of his best footsie.

This and d4s to avoid machete toss make me a sad panda.