What's new

Question Possible Beginner's Guide

Is a beginner's guide a good idea?

• Total voters

whedgehead

My Lex Takes You to Paradise
Hey guys, I was thinking of doing a beginner's guide write-up akin to my stage analysis wrote up going over all of Lex's fundamentals and compiling some of the stuff from CrimsonShadow, BDMao88, AK Pig Of The Hut, etc into one thread so anyone wanting to just jump into the character can easily see how he plays, what to do on a basic level, and so on. Anyway I wanted to ask if 1) you guys think this is a good idea and 2) for you guys to add or subtract anything to this quick list that you think would be useful:
-Basic combos and combo information: nothing major here, simply very very basic BnB information, like why to use certain bnbs or something of the sort, and things like when you should ji3 after b3 or something).
-How to get to Lex's damage: things like ji2, his basic starters, etc.
-Generally Lex's gameplan: going for knockdowns and setting up, probing, stuff like that
-How and when to use trait: things like trait dash, trait dashing after knockdowns, etc
-Basic movement
-Rundown of strings and specials: what strings are good (things like 22d1, 22b3, etc.)

Ya that's what I can think of off the top of my head, lemme know what ya'll think. If the idea does go through it will definitely be a W.I.P. with hopefully some of your support on things, I am not and do not claim myself to be anywhere near the best Lex player; just trying to help newbies and hopefully bring more people into our world of superiority.

P.S. this is unrelated but we really need to get our combo thread stickied. thats all

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I would honestly read your thread. I am thinking about jumping on Lex... but I am a little worried. I haven't heard anything good about Lex. I don't know where to start. I have also put a lot of time into my other mains... so I don't really want to start from scratch. I am also to lazy to figure it out myself. :cool:

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
we have already kinda started compiling all lex info in a conversation at the moment, ill add you to it

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I've been meaning to go back and watch tape on all the Lex's and combine the tactics -- if I do it next week, I'll send you the info so you can fold it into your report in addition to the stuff you're already compiling. In any case, looking forward to this.

Haha sorry dude, your stuff is great and definitely a big help to our This Lex is On Fire crew, sorry for not taggin! I see we kinda have a community thread going so I'll probably just be adding to that
Haha it's cool man :p That needs to become the name of some sort of community thread RIGHT NOW. I dont care what it's about, but This Lex is on Fire is golden. Nice profile pic btw