What's new

Positive Things About MKX Thread

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I know how everyone feels about MKX, I honestly agree, the game was a mess in a lot of ways and I much prefer Injustice 2. But I definitely enjoyed it and I sure as hell played it a lot and I know a ton of us put a lot of time into it too, even some of those who “hate” it still found themselves dumping tons of time into it.

It did a lot of things wrong but here’s some things I loved about it

1. Character designs. Returning characters look amazing, having the elements we expect but they’re updated and they all look tougher and deadlier. New characters look great too, especially Kotal and D’Vorah, although Jacqui is a little bland.

2. It was fun to watch. For the same reasons it was a lot of times frustrating to play, the fast explosiveness of the game made watching it really fun and intense because any game could get turned on its head, and you yourself didn’t have to watch your hard work and life lead get Quan Chi’d away.

3. Brutalities. Obviously they are very satisfying to watch but even better is absolutely destroying someone and doing a very hard brutality, there’s nothing more satisfying than being able to beat someone that bad or as shitty as having one of those done on you.

4. It was addicting. Idk, I recognize it wasn’t a great game, especially compared to the balance of I2. But it was so addicting to play because of how lighting fast it was, games never lasted long and you just wanted to play another.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Idec, the character roster was fantastic. Outside of Noob and Rain I thought it was great.

I’m sorry but Kenshi and Quan are the only good 3D characters and both made the cut. And Noob and Rain shoulda replaced Jacqui and Kung Jin and it woulda been golden

Takeda was in it, the game had some super fun design for some characters even If they only worked for a limited amount of time(blood God Kotal). The horror guest characters felt like they fit in and had some great animations(Alien, predator)The story mode wasn't that bad and brutalities were fun and well made for the most part

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Positives:
  • You can 50/50 people as basically any character
Negatives:
  • You can 50/50 people as basically any character
In seriousness though, compared to IJ2 I liked the higher skill ceiling of some characters, like Dragon's Fire.

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
My one true main, Balanced Kenshi is in it. Love him so much I wish he was in IJ2. Hoping he plays similar to Balanced when MK11 comes out, but will main him regardless.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
  1. Lots of depth. Every character had a wide range of tools and there was always more dirt to be found. Hence why MKX had SO much more longevity than I2 even than people think I2 was the "better" and fairer game
  2. Execution. There was higher levels of execution to obtain, which led to some serious rewards for people willing to put in the time, all the way up to utterly insane like Xarakas iafb LK 70% corner juggles that he was pulling off online
  3. Aesthetics. I just MKX was just very visually appealing, things like Sub Zero or Scorpion ambient animations where they play with their elemental mastery absent minded, the creative round win reset animations, etc
  4. Gameplay freedom. Between the freedom there was in executing combos and the multitudes of different combo paths and juggles, and three separate styles to each character there was so much room for players to find and display their own individual playstyles
  5. Ties in with everything by else, but hype. All these things put together left one hype and scene, even if the game wasn't thoroughly balanced it turns out it takes more than just a blans but balanced game to hold hype and capture a scene

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
1. Backgrounds.
Even though I always found interactables to be unnecessary, MKX has had them as a creative addition to their already well designed scenes. I'm a fan of the temple, lightning effect aside which could induce epillepsy in the healthiest of athletes.
MKX has had this well-set scenery from the intro screen through the character selects down to the last detail in every level design. The Pit anyone?

2. Sounds.
Overlooked. Or overheard? Either way, this is another thing that people only notice if it's off, but from a professional standpoint I gotta tell you, this is one of the best features of the last 4 NRS games. Remember how a blind kid was able to attend serious matches by just HEARING the game? That's no joke, man.

3. Surfaces.
Shaders and Textures used in this game are seriously next level. Not going into technical detail here because if one in a hundred of you reading this has any idea what shaders are I'm probably overestimating but let's just say some serious effort went into this game on the design level.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Goro and Kitana are aestheically beautiful as are a large plethora of the stages and characters with excellent lighting of all varieties. Brutalities were excellent and the prospect of pushing forward so many new characters and children becoming the legacy of classics was awesome to me particularly when it comes to Cassie and King Jin. I'm excited for MK11.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Tremor.

Leatherface.

Balanced Kenshi if EX RK had stayed the same.

The Pit.

My dream of Triborg Cyrax having his B121 command grab before it died.

#AllHopeIsGone

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
- Proper character intros were introduced for the first time and there were some pretty great ones in there.

- While fatalities and brutalities get old after a while by nature, they were very fun to use during the beginning of the game's life cycle. A couple brutalities were also very hard to succesfully pull off (cough Wrestler Jax), which makes it even more hype when you actually pull it off.

- Balancing issues aside, the fact that there were 3 variations per character made it easy to make the game fresh for myself again: If I was ever bored, I could just pick one of the other 99 variations in the game that weren't Thunder God Raiden.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The sound in MKX was amazing — really visceral. And Takeda is one of NRS’ best base designs :cool:
Come on now. Sound effects have been going downhill since MK9.

The sound effects tier list is literally MK9 > Inj > MKX > Inj2

I'm still extremely salty about the plunging in goo sound they chose for Sektor's missiles.

EDIT: Idk if you remember, but I'm not joking about the plunging in goo part. It's literally plunging in goo:

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Come on now. Sound effects have been going downhill since MK9.

The sound effects tier list is literally MK9 > Inj > MKX > Inj2

I'm still extremely salty about the plunging in goo sound they chose for Sektor's missiles.

EDIT: Idk if you remember, but I'm not joking about the plunging in goo part. It's literally plunging in goo:
My ass when I'm hungover and having my beeriod

Rizz091

Noob
Brutalities in MKX are probably the coolest way to end a fight in a fighting game ever. Better than fatalities and "super combo finishes". Not to mention discovering the secret ones and the stipulations.

Voice acting and dialogue was mostly awesome. Pre fight banter was introduced in this game, and I think is now gonna be a staple of NRS games. It's an enjoyable edition.

Character models and effects are top notch. Nrs games just are always the best looking fighters (outside animation) in my opinion and this game is no exception.

Story mode was well done and it still the standard to beat in fighters.

The fact that they completely redid the netcode in this game was fantastic and now NRS has finally solved their online play issues. It started with this game.

A list Johnny Cage has been one of the most fun I had with a fighting game character in a while.

Lots of creative variations. This game was such a pleasure to watch, especially when seeing the harder to use variations. The game is def a bit crazy to play, but it made it so fun to watch. And it was fun experimenting.

Overall I really enjoyed this game.