What's new

Positioning aaHP

Viesor

Noob
Hi guys ,ive been keeping track of exactly where i have to stand to land an aaHP and make sure it connects , vs JK's from all different chars vs all .

I have only started it recently so its not complete yet .Probably most of u guys know this already but its tricky to memorize i if u like to play with more then just a few chars.

Feel free to add more data.

base starting point is standard sweep distance

Female ninja vs:

Female ninja
JK = small step back

Jax
JK = small step back

Male ninja
JK = middle

Night wolf
JK = middle or small step forward

U-Sub
JK = step forward

Kabal vs:

Female ninja
JK = half a step back or step forward

Lui kang
JK= step forward

Nightwolf
JK = Steb back

Robots
JK = middle is possible , step forward is easier.

U-Sub
JK = step forward

Male ninja vs:

Jax
JK = small step in

Female ninja
JK = small step in
JP = middle

Kung lao
JK = 1.5/2 steps back

Lui Kang
JK = step forward

Male ninja
JK = middle

Nightwolf
JK = about 1.5 steps forward

Robots
JK = step forward

Stryker
JK = small step in

U-Sub
JK = middle

Sonya vs:

Female ninja
JK = middle ( use aaLP is easier instead of aaHP)

Kano
JK = middle or half step back

Lui Kang
JK = middle

Male ninja
JK = middle

Nightwolf
JK = small step back OR forward

U-Sub
JP = small step back
JK = middle

Sindel vs:

Female ninja
JK = step back

Shang Tsung
JK = step back

U-Sub
JK = 1.5 steps back

U-sub vs:

Female ninja
JK = middle

Viesor

Noob
Updated with more data.
Im very happy to contribute to such a hardcore loving community for such an old game , from whom i learned so much.
When the hype and buzz/thrill of the fact of MK9 being the new hot chick on the block is over u will all come back :).

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
"When the hype and buzz/thrill of the fact of MK9 being the new hot chick on the block is over u will all come back"

Definitely hope so!!

7h30n

Noob
I never left :)

Those make an excellent information. If it was available when I started UMK it would make my learning a lot easier, but after collecting a lot of experience playing I do it properly without thinking. That also makes a problem for me to explain it to a recently hooked friend so I'll be sure to tell him to read this :D

Viesor

Noob
Thank you Sir , the more people we can get into this game easier , the better imo.

Im currently doublechecking and adding whenever i have time off college and not too drunk :)

AC1984

Kaballin!
Excellent stuff and helpful info. I was never into the theory part of the game and always relied on feeling but now the retard in me is about to say something really stupid....I kind of understand what you mean but I don't udnerstand it at all. Can you make a short video showing some examples of step in, small step back etc......I really want to master the aahp concept but I dont have enough knowledge of hitboxes and collusion.

Viesor

Noob
Thanks guys , i appreciate the feedback.

About the aaHP's , these positions are relative compared to each other so , if u find one right spot for one char vs one char , from there u can interpolate the rest.

The thing that im working on atm is, that with these listed positions u are almost garantueed to hit the aaHP once . And after a bit of practice it becomes very easy . But at first i thought aaHPHP,JK wasnt possible vs all JK's. But it seems after analyzing mega endurances (that they're TAS'ed isn't relevant here) that it is possible almost on any char even in MKT , which has ofc smaller hitboxes. Except for maybe NW and kano's JK i think they can all be aaHPHP,JK'ed in theory ,if u anticipate quick enough and run burst in as close as possible hitting almost the body instead of legs.

I've managed to do it multiple times vs even female ninjas and the like , and ofc the timing is a bit harder , but single aaHP will work vs anyone almost garantueed.
It seems like the timing for aaHPHP,JK vs JK's ( vs a JP is too easy) is same for all chars against all and a few cant be aaHPHP,JK vs incoming JK ,at all therefore.

About the video part it wouldnt be much of a problem to record it , but i have no idea what software to use and the built in mame one doesnst work right , (screen is all blurred and wrongly shaped) , any suggestions on a light-weight recording app ?
EDIT : and editing software ?

specs : XP , 2.4 GHZ duo core , 2 gig ram , 260 GTX

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I capture easily with fraps, the results are awesome and the files you get are super big, but you can always shrink them with the easiest of the softwares, like windows movie maker, tell me if you need more help on this

Viesor

Noob
Thank you NinjaGrinder , i will get back on this sooner or later , at the moment i'm a bit busy with college and i lack funds but when i saved enough for a new HD i will get into video editing check some tutorials and record this.