What's new

Poor Mileena…

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
They did her so dirty in this game. I truly believe they purposely made her bad just to piss the crazy stans off. NRS made their money off her and they’re set. But with that being said, it’s just crazy how bad she is compared to her previous games, even if this game is a very dumbed down version of the other games

If there was one thing Mileena had that everyone respected, it was her fear factor. From being played very randomly, to somewhat decent, to perfect, there was always that fear factor. Whether it being her fast roll that low profiled nearly everything and launched, her air control due to her sais and teleport, or her ground game with her mixups, footies and damage.

MK11 took all of that away from her. I know she was crazy in MKX and I know MK11 is toned down, but damn, they really butchered her. She doesn’t have that fear factor at all. Roll is trash, her teleport is easily the worst in the game, and she’s the ONLY character who has to rely on 2 specific abilities in order to be somewhat viable. Her mobility is great and the sais are good but that can only get you so far. She is the LITERAL definition of a 1 dimensional character, and even then she doesn’t even do that right because there’s 1 dimensional characters in this game that are top tier.

I’m glad NRS are done supporting the game but it sucks that Mileena was left the way she is. Til this day, I still use her in MKX and it baffles me how they fumbled her so badly in MK11. She isn’t Mileena at all. Kitana plays Mileena better than Mileena herself. Hopefully she gets some justice in MK12 because this ain’t it.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
She was absolutely crazy in MK X so they didn't want to repeat that mistake. They just went a step to far in MK 11 but in all honesty she's is a way closer to being a balanced character in MK 11 then she was in MK X. Some minor tweaks and she would be perfect, than again it doesn't matter coz in a game where Cetrion, Joker, Kabal, Jaqui exist in a way they're now it wouldn't change much.

Why bother with Mileena when you can play one of those and just win. Even character (Mileena) loyalists switched coz at the end of the day competitive players want to win and will go with a character which gives them the best chance at that.

There were several characters done dirty in MK 11, that's just how it goes in the NRS random wheel of balancing; i felt the same way as you about (Un)Balanced Kenshi in MK X.

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Mileena was a shameless, last minute, cash grab.

It is what it is. They threw her in with little to no thought behind her because she printed money, and was easier to create during Covid due to the amount of reused assets on her.

She has Kitana’s base model and voice actress, Jade’s F4 as her F4, her B34 ripped straight from MK9, Terminator’s D3 as her D4, etc. Then they couldn’t even bother to give her decent customs and just disassembled her kit and made you throw it together again. Imagine if Kitana had to equip an air fan… Christ.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I guess Mileena was screwed by the variation and breakaway system and the limited hitbox on b+1.

Can anyone discuss and/or list any more details?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Is she even bad?

And idk about you cats but I absolutely did not "respect" her fear factor in MKX lmao.. maybe that's why I got wakeup ball roll'd so much

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Absolutely neutered. The best thing anybody ever says about Mileena in this game is she has a nice backdash lmao. Mileena used to be the highlight of any combo video, now fucking Rambo has more launchers than she does. I used to think the "NRS made her boring on purpose" thing was just a conspiracy, but seeing how they're leaving her I'm starting to believe it. Her "custom moves" are offensive tbh. She has to use multiple move slots just to be on the level of MK2 Mileena. Thats fucked on so many levels.

I'm not saying Mileena is bad. I personally couldn't care less how viable she is, but she's definitely boring and thats a complete shame.

Komatose

The Prettiest
The things is, the crazy Mileena fans who were screaming and harassing for her this entire time aren't the competitive lot, so they're not the ones who are going to be pissed because they don't play on a competitive level.
Say it again!

That is my beef with NRS. They don’t even cater to the people that actually hold them down, doing online tournaments, giving them free advertisement and hype for both serious and casual players, and offline tournaments which is the cream of the crop when it comes to sponsorships, endorsements, advertisement, MONEY, promotion, HYPE, investments and so much more.

They rather listen to these 12 year old online ragequitters that didn’t know about Mortal Kombat or what it was until they saw the advertisement for MKX on YouTube, or these 40 year old virgins that play the game maybe once a month. In story mode. And nothing else.

They don’t listen to mfs like us that keep their game alive long term and even continue to do so now because either A: we are the competitive lot or B: we are the real MK and/or NRS fans that will support the game no matter what, even if we hate it. OR, C: In my case, both of those. Both a fan of MK since I came out the womb on the sticks and a competitive player that ACTUALLY cares about the state and well-being of the game.

But again, they rather let some whiny baby or out of prime mf that doesn’t know what a frame or a punish is dictate the future of the game and current state of the game.

Total bs in my opinion.

So I 100% agree with you.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Is she even bad?

And idk about you cats but I absolutely did not "respect" her fear factor in MKX lmao.. maybe that's why I got wakeup ball roll'd so much
She's easily bottom 5/6 in MK11. Her only notable strength is her insane mobility. Problem is that her damage is below average, her range is atrocious, her kit is beyond neutered as a baseline, her variation options are extremely limited, and her only options to open people up consistently are risky as hell.

Her only option is to zone if the matchup allows or play mediocre hit and run.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Absolutely neutered. The best thing anybody ever says about Mileena in this game is she has a nice backdash lmao. Mileena used to be the highlight of any combo video, now fucking Rambo has more launchers than she does. I used to think the "NRS made her boring on purpose" thing was just a conspiracy, but seeing how they're leaving her I'm starting to believe it. Her "custom moves" are offensive tbh. She has to use multiple move slots just to be on the level of MK2 Mileena. Thats fucked on so many levels.

I'm not saying Mileena is bad. I personally couldn't care less how viable she is, but she's definitely boring and thats a complete shame.
Agreed.
My issue is that she’s not FUN. Mileena has always been fun to play.
Not in this game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
At least she was actually in each NRS MK game (MK9, MKX, MK11). Human Smoke was only in MK9. As long as he had a teleport, looked cool, had decent walking/dash speed, I would have exclusively mained him and would probably still be playing MK11 right now. And no, Robot Smoke (or cyber smoke as some of you fools say) does not count.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I don't think she was purposefully neutered or anything. As was pointed out already, I think it was a last minute decision and incredibly rushed.

The worst part of it to me is that most of her "custom" moves are either replaceable variations of base moves or enhanced versions of base moves that should have been part of her base kit to begin with. Next to no variation in her custom moves at all. It's disappointing, but honestly, the fewer attachments I have to the game, the better.

In addition to what's already been mentioned, I personally find most of her Krushing Blows are simply not good/practical. Her B1,1,4 and U2 ones are basically it. Her Throw one tends to only be practical if you're able to get your zoning game going.

I personally think the following adjustments would really benefit the character, while still holding true to the design they had for her:

• Improve the hitbox on B1
  • Slight frame data improvements on Ball Roll/Rolling Thunder and Teleport Kick
  • Her Throw Krushing Blow has its requirements lessened, say by not being invalidated by most of her strings/Special Moves. Keep it to no jumping for 10 seconds, and don't reset that counter between Rounds.
  • Slight frame data improvement on B3.
  • Ability to special cancel from F1,2.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
The way Mileena stans behaved on social media, it is no wonder she is what she is. You guys basically bullied everyone on the staff to get her into the game. Real nasty behavior, the nastiest might it say. I couldn't believe they actualy rewarded that kind of behavior and put her skank ass in the game. If it was me who developed games, I wouldn't put that ugly monster in a MK for years to come. Count your blessings folks, you don't even like the game. Who knows, she might appear in Injustass 3 as a dlc. I sure hope she doesn't!

Last edited:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
This is what you get for wanting to win. I got to enjoy her just fine because all I cared about was she looked hella sick, and it was fun to dash around.

f1, d3, dashes, lots of sais, and seeing how often people would let me throw KB them. That's about all I wanted or did, and I was pretty ok with that.

Even a 1000h in, I like most people couldn't tell you if she was good or bad, just that she could stab you in the face really, really fast.

Komatose

The Prettiest
The way Mileena stans behaved on social media, it is no wonder she is what she is. You guys basically bullied everyone on the staff to get her into the game. Real nasty behavior, the nastiest might it say. I couldn't believe they actualy rewarded that kind of behavior and put her skank ass in the game. If it was me who developed games, I wouldn't put that ugly monster in a MK for years to come. Count your blessings folks, you don't even like the game. Who knows, she might appear in Injustass 3 as a dlc. I sure hope she doesn't!
Imagine being an adult with a career in game development being bullied by a bunch of angsty kids online. Imagine.

Does that happen to you?

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Imagine being an adult with a career in game development being bullied by a bunch of angsty kids online. Imagine.

Does that happen to you?
No, it doesnt. Imagine an angry shit eating mob of Mileena stans telling a dev everyday to kill himself because you NEED to have a video game character in a game you don't even like. Now, does that happen to you?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder

Does that happen to you?
I would be shocked if the bullies in this context, didn't include plenty of adults with careers and was not entirely composed of angsty children

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
This is what you get for wanting to win. I got to enjoy her just fine because all I cared about was she looked hella sick, and it was fun to dash around.

f1, d3, dashes, lots of sais, and seeing how often people would let me throw KB them. That's about all I wanted or did, and I was pretty ok with that.

Even a 1000h in, I like most people couldn't tell you if she was good or bad, just that she could stab you in the face really, really fast.
It isn't about wanting to win. Trust, I use post patch CyberSub in MKX. Its about her being fun.

What you said you enjoy about Mileena, buttons, movement, projectiles, KB, could be said about so many other characters. She isn't unique at all.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
It isn't about wanting to win. Trust, I use post patch CyberSub in MKX. Its about her being fun.

What you said you enjoy about Mileena, buttons, movement, projectiles, KB, could be said about so many other characters. She isn't unique at all.
Her movement was unusual, especially compared to the other characters I played. Her projectile was quite different than a lot of what else is in the game.

I did play a number of different characters over the time I played. I wasn't really highlighting her as especially fun, just that I did get to enjoy playing her. And fun isn't necessarily about boiling things down into base functionally. There are lots of enders in the game that do the ender job thing. Get your damage, get your positioning and all of that, but not all of them involve stabbing the other guy in the face really, really fast.

Stabbing people in the face really, really fast, especially over and over, can be fun out of presentation factor. I thought she presented very well.