What's new

Poopy-Loops: D'vorah Bug Respawn setups

Returning with some more D'vorah tech, this time we have "poopy loops" for you to consider adding to your gameplan.

Continuing the theme of how to optimize D'vorah setups, here we see how to control the bug respawn timing in combos to guarantee a bug setup at the end.

*** second combo of second video is credited to second saint but credit goes to "2Bear" from our discord

Last edited:

Comments

I don't really think this can be considered broken midscreen, to do this at all, it requires that you do a setup that's +7, then wait and give up those plus frames, then do a 17 frame low. It requires a lot of respect or someone to wakeup. People are just going to jump out like maniacs for the most part. I think I'll look into what the best combos from this setup to AA someone jumping back are. Might find some interesting stuff.

In the corner, it's pretty phenomenal though, since you can make them actually hold the mixup.

I don't really think this can be considered broken midscreen, to do this at all, it requires that you do a setup that's +7, then wait and give up those plus frames, then do a 17 frame low. It requires a lot of respect or someone to wakeup. People are just going to jump out like maniacs for the most part. I think I'll look into what the best combos from this setup to AA someone jumping back are. Might find some interesting stuff.

In the corner, it's pretty phenomenal though, since you can make them actually hold the mixup.
It's not guaranteed sure, You can drop a bug and then do D4 puddle, or B4, or jump in, for pressure with 1 2 or F1. But as dvorah players we need to be ready for any way that we hit you. And being ready for the situation of hitting the low with a bug is something we need to be ready to capitalize on. To be good dvorah players and stand a chance, we're gonna have to be super ready for any possible hit.

It's not guaranteed sure, You can drop a bug and then do D4 puddle, or B4, or jump in, for pressure with 1 2 or F1. But as dvorah players we need to be ready for any way that we hit you. And being ready for the situation of hitting the low with a bug is something we need to be ready to capitalize on. To be good dvorah players and stand a chance, we're gonna have to be super ready for any possible hit.
That's kind of my point. It's not guaranteed midscreen, ergo it has counter play and as such is not broken, since we've got to do all that other stuff to make the situation possible.

Props for all this tech your showing! Hopefully you guys get hitbox fixes (or whatever this char needs), This stuff looks super cool would make competitive games far less boring.

Props for all this tech your showing! Hopefully you guys get hitbox fixes (or whatever this char needs), This stuff looks super cool would make competitive games far less boring.
We are working hard to make her good. She really depends on KNOWING your shit. When you're plus. How plus. What you can do. Etc.

We need a little love to the hitboxes yes. If she could launch from from her standing jab 1, and if she had a mid in either F1 or standing 2, we would be totally set for a strong character. F1 may be asking too much. But standing 2 as a 9 frame mid that can NOT launch or be used well as a stagger string I think is a reasonable tool to ask for to help her when face to face dealing with pressure strings.

Exact thoughts.

I’d love to see how often you get away with this against competent opponents. I love a good set up as much as the next player but every time someone posts tech for D’vorah or Kotal or Kollector they never post much footage of it being enacted. Probably because all of their faults make putting the tech into play against most good players a lot more challenging that most would assume.

This isn’t me saying this tech isn’t good, just the actually quality of it has me skeptical.

Exact thoughts.

I’d love to see how often you get away with this against competent opponents. I love a good set up as much as the next player but every time someone posts tech for D’vorah or Kotal or Kollector they never post much footage of it being enacted. Probably because all of their faults make putting the tech into play against most good players a lot more challenging that most would assume.

This isn’t me saying this tech isn’t good, just the actually quality of it has me skeptical.
Yeah, to really get your setups going can be difficult because people tend to save their meter to breakaway against D'vorah because the strings she can launch from are limited and otherwise she doesn't knock you down much.

It's a problem, but I feel like she will most likely get more access to launches in the future. 12~puddle linking is just such a reasonable, necessary buff that I can't see it not happening. That one thing would make a massive difference playing her.

Exact thoughts.

Dvorah is someone who has to hit you 20 different ways. And we need to make sure each of those ways really counts. And this stuff doesn't really have anything to do with "opponent competency". Especially the corner stuff. From the bug setup, we don't have to go low. We have a safe overhead, we have a grab. We can beat a wakeup. BUT, if we DO go low, we have a followup that ends with another bug. Simple as that.