What's new

Tech - Cyrax Ponkster's Midscreen MEGA Set up 50%+

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Here we go again!

The timings are tough at first but follow my bomb timings and you should have it down in a few hours!

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Did you try with any other character and their wakeup armor? Like Goro/Sub who doesn't stay still with their armor.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Did you try with any other character and their wakeup armor? Like Goro/Sub who doesn't stay still with their armor.
Its moving forward that makes them get hit.

Goro has long active frames so he can just wake-up. Sub gets launched with no armor and gets out with armor. He isn't an issue though because its full punish. Its safe armors that are usually tough for Cyrax; those character just armor on every wake-up and don't need to deal with the set-ups with good meter management.

You will still need to lab the match-ups there will never be one size fits all. Sektor for instance gets launched if he wakes up with armor, so he is going to want to find another way out most the time.

Against Stand still armors reverse the bombs (close bomb then mid bomb) you lose oki but on the right read mystic/possessed get launched for instance.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Its moving forward that makes them get hit.

Goro has long active frames so he can just wake-up. Sub probably gets launched because he stops on top of the bomb when he hits you, it depends on the recovery.

You will still need to lab the match-ups there will never be one size fits all.
For sure was just wondering. Good shit as always my friend.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Did you try this with F/T? He has this multi-armor charge attack there.

BTW, what if someone tries doing the late wake-up?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Did you try this with F/T? He has this multi-armor charge attack there.

BTW, what if someone tries doing the late wake-up?
There are two options with armor alone, armor or tech roll armor. Also its not always about how many hits of armor they have, as the bomb explodes after the active frames. For instance, Vicinity Blast from Raiden with no tech roll gets launched every time. My guess is F/T is fine but I would have to check.

late wake-up they get HTB by jump kick, which launches for around 30% damage into double bombs if not blocked and is safe (plus?!) if blocked.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
This JK is a well timed one with the exploding bomb. Nice loop, but what if SZ does the armored slide (Icy Slide) in reaction against the jumping attack? I mean this when one of the bombs miss him.

And I think that anyone could block both with fuzzy blocking. I did that rarely, because I could see Tremor's skydropped rock and him low-kicking to try punishing and keeping the pressure on me, so I did out of luck the fuzzy blocking, which blocked both. Can you test it against Cyrax's JK and ground bomb?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
This JK is a well timed one with the exploding bomb. Nice loop, but what if SZ does the armored slide (Icy Slide) in reaction against the jumping attack? I mean this when one of the bombs miss him.

And I think that anyone could block both with fuzzy blocking. I did that rarely, because I could see Tremor's skydropped rock and him low-kicking to try punishing and keeping the pressure on me, so I did out of luck the fuzzy blocking, which blocked both. Can you test it against Cyrax's JK and ground bomb?
I will check to see if there is a gap after the first low bomb explosion. When the set-up is done correctly its much better than I even made out in the video. I don't do jump kick anymore only jump punch.