What's new

Poll: If you had to choose, would you rather have an MK Shaolin Monks remake or MK9 remake?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
i had to vote for MK9.

Tho im abit concerned that NRS is kinda "but hurt" about the fact that the majority wishes to play MK9 again while they just released Mk11.

But than again, NRS is probably proud of MK9's succes and may be willing to celebrate the rebirth of MK9 again with us
It’s definitely not the majority. It’s like 5-10 people on a niche gaming forum when MK11 has probably sold far beyond the numbers MK9 did (MKX also).

Sometimes I think the perspective of people here is a bit warped.

Even the rest of the FGC has way more people playing MK11 that wouldn’t have touched MK9 due to how ‘janky’ they thought it was. It’s just hard for some people to admit it when they’re emotionally attached to the game that really brought this scene together.

I get it, I have nostalgia too — but we should also be realistic.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Shaolin Monks ..... sure MK9 is a fun and cool game, but, it's time to move forward regarding nostalgia , so, since we already have the last instance of a MK fighting game to play with (MK11), and a Shaolin Monks remastered or remake seems more interesting at this point.

NRS is pretty competent company when it's necessary revitalization in some aspect of MK franchise, so, they can do it, if they want, a hell of good job for Shaolin Monks.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
While I would commit cold-blooded murder to have MK9 Kitana back, I'd much rather have a Shaolin Monks remaster as I fucking LOVED that game. That, and I've got MK11 to scratch my fighting game itch so I'm not really interested in another right now.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
While I would commit cold-blooded murder to have MK9 Kitana back, I'd much rather have a Shaolin Monks remaster as I fucking LOVED that game. That, and I've got MK11 to scratch my fighting game itch so I'm not really interested in another right now.
yep, exactly my thought

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
I voted for MK9 remake because I feel like that would increase the chances of an Injustice 1 remake (slightly buffed walkspeed + improved netcode) which is what I'm truly after hehehe

Alex95

Noob
The only thing more disappointing than not getting an mk9 remaster would be to get mk9 with "balance" changes like the TE.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
This is comparing apples and oranges

MK9 but with Tremor, Tanya, Shinnok, Sareena as new playable characters and a new bonus guest character Jason for Freddy vs Jason FINALLY, please.

Also make the bosses (Shao Kahn, Kintaro, and Goro) playable as well.

They would need to balance the game somewhat , give it the new NRS shine (ranked, GGPO, etc.), and this would be super fun to play. And by balancing the game I DON'T mean making pokes all nonsensically stupid, buffing jump ins to randomly beat anti-airs, making D+2s hit crouch blockers, making throws randomly become mids, and introducing clunky block stun all over the place.
Hit the fuckin nail right on the head as always, Joe. Need more of your posts around here

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't think it's fair to compare mk 11s numbers to mk 9 when, 1. Mk 9 was last gen. 2. Was only for xbox and ps4 mostly, the pc version was meh and didnt hit til later on. Where as mk 11 is launched for all 4 platforms xbox, Nintendo, ps4 and pc.

This makes a difference as well. Not to mention, mk9 was nrs first game so people were excited but nrs didnt have the fans trust yet so people would buy mk 11 without hesitation.

I noticed the same person tries to lowball mk9s popularity to mk 11, but the truth is if mk9 remastered or mk sm 2 were made I'd bet anything mk 11s numbers would drop in half if not more lol.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
by remake i'm just gonna assume remaster yes? not an actual recreating of mk9 but remastered in 1080p with ggpo netcode?

anyway, a shaolin monks remaster would be amazing. i'd welcome a sequel even more.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
i don't understand why we have to pick one. why not both? lol. i still want a balanced HD Mortal Kombat Trilogy with BOTH Chameleon and Khameleon. and I want the character graphics like UMK3. nice and big characters. I want the pit stage from the N64 version too. the bridge of stars. that was neat.

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
A SM remake & I would be happy if they made MK9 backwards compatible on Xone.
MK9 doen't need a remake, they would ruin it, I need the true, broken version.

Art Lean

Noob
Solely because I never got to play it, MK9; would love to play all those lovely old MK1 and 2 levels again in glorious quality.

Shang Tsung's Island Ruins aren't enough in MK11, I really want to enjoy those classic stages with their classic music and the original tournament again but in the stunning visual quality of MK11.

It’s definitely not the majority. It’s like 5-10 people on a niche gaming forum when MK11 has probably sold far beyond the numbers MK9 did (MKX also).

Sometimes I think the perspective of people here is a bit warped.

Even the rest of the FGC has way more people playing MK11 that wouldn’t have touched MK9 due to how ‘janky’ they thought it was. It’s just hard for some people to admit it when they’re emotionally attached to the game that really brought this scene together.

I get it, I have nostalgia too — but we should also be realistic.
More sales is not equal to a better game. MK9 introduced alot old and new player in the MK community.

With this in mind it’s makes more sense how games after MK9 had more sales. how long the games are played and talked about says more than sales sometimes.

we are all a bit nostalgic, sure. But i cant ignore that i loved MK because of several reasons. MK9 kept the origin feeling in terms of eastehics and gameplay was alot more fun imo.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
More sales is not equal to a better game. MK9 introduced alot old and new player in the MK community.

With this in mind it’s makes more sense how games after MK9 had more sales. how long the games are played and talked about says more than sales sometimes.

we are all a bit nostalgic, sure. But i cant ignore that i loved MK because of several reasons. MK9 kept the origin feeling in terms of eastehics and gameplay was alot more fun imo.
What I’m saying is, the overwhelming majority of people didn’t play or talk about MK9 more than any of the MKs after it.

If you’re going to justify the millions spent for a remake you’d need way more than a tiny minority of people.