What's new

Poll: Do you like Krushing Blows?

Poll: Do you Like Krushing Blows?

• Total voters

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
KBs are an elegant new resource you have to manage, but I think that games should be 3/5 since you can do double damage or a max damage combo because you counter hit with it

I honestly really love them

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Depends who you play. Johnny doesn’t have them. But having a 32% slide on deck as SZ or doing a 50% whiff punish as Baraka is pretty sweet

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
they are kinda cheap
How so?

Imo that can only use them once not so bad, know that all kbs arent created equal like comparing geras to cage but the mechanic itself its really cool, well i think so anyway

Sure hell, id even like if couldn't breakaway from kb lauchers but maybe that just sounds good in my head and be crap in game

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
We need to decide how easy a krushing blow should be dealing how much less damage and scale them more fairly across the board but they're not a bad idea.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
I wish more of them led to combo opportunities, but yeah, I like them a lot. Obviously, some (like Geras) need balance, but characters like Scorpion or Kabal have the ideal KB set-up that I'd like to see more widely implemented.

Last edited:
I like them, I just wish they were designed better.
In SoulCalibur you get them for using a move for what it was designed for.

I'd like them to do a bit less damage and have conditions that make more sense.

Stuff like Scorpion's f34 kb is great as that's his stagger tool and can also be flawless blocked.
Shit like Johnny only getting his kb on a string if he whiffs the first two attacks on only hits with the final hit which is a high, is beyond dumb.

Basically have krushing blows have realistic conditions, tone down their damage a bit and have a way to bait and punish them. That's what I'd like.

Nothing wrong with having unbaitable KBs but their damage shouldn't be dumb like geras 1111 bullshit.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Yeah, I think that not all Krushing blows were made equal, and some of them don’t make sense in terms of being character’s main KBs or just don’t really add a lot. I think that Skarlet’s B2 is kind of worthless imo. But to compensate she had a double throw KB.

I also don’t like the noob krushing blows, the types that don’t hit if you how the string goes. IS kitana’s b123d2 just block and boom. Same thing with jade’s 123 where 23 can only connect.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
Earlier i gave examples of characters who's KBs were either too good or basically useless, but characters with decent, fair KBs i think are

• Sub zero: 3 unique KBs with good damage and fair conditions.
  • Baraka: Able to string KBs together for chunky damage if necessary, at the cost of optimal damage compared to separate combo KBs. Suits his aggro but honest base moveset.
- Scorpion: Really well fitting KBs that are fun to use and flow naturally, rewarding good gameplay.

- Kabal, though i may be biased as he's my co main, has really fair KBs. B12u2 is safe and hit confirmable, but has surprisingly tough timing to combo from and doesn't net much if you miss. Hook Slam is much easier to combo from and does amazing damage, but is unsafe normally. F224 is meh, i think it should either do more damage, or less and popup for kombo.

And on that note, so should Skarlets b2. I have many more suggestions, and opinions, but I'm using my phone and it's... Not easy

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I like them alot BUT yes they need to be re-balanced so that more if not all of them work off a successful Counter Hit/Punish. Even things like hitting from full distance. Honestly if all or most KBs where set to being triggered on a counter hit/punish of anything or a specific something they would be universally great for all characters and be better implemented. I might even have a reason to turn on the "hold button to activate when you want to do it" option. If I could reliably get them through good reads, baits, etc. I'd have more of a gameplan involving them. With Scorpion (who does indeed have some of the best implemented and natural ones in the game) and to a much lesser extent Kitana I do use them consistently but with Johnny I have the uppercut and the "whiff 4 but land 3 if they fall asleep" one. The nutpunch if it lands as 1st hit of match maybe but as a punish it almost never triggers for me for some reason even though I punish with it ALOT and the Mime Parry is a joke unless it the 1st Hit of match as well! Ok so Parry moves are ALWAYS counters by definition so the requirements should be like 2nd or 3rd successful one or something like that instead of activates on counter hit, lol. But you get the idea. The full screen hit ones should be changed to kounter/punish as well as they sometimes are inconsistent with the definition of "full screen" lol. Basically the best characters are the ones who actually get to USE their KBs so the system should be overhauled so that ALL of the characters and KBs are more in line with them, IMO.

Hate them. The game would be ten times better without them as well as fatal blows. Winning a match would purely come down to spacing, conditioning, and making sure sure combos land. It'd be a 2D Virtua Fighter, ie a pure competitive fighting game. Instead, against certain characters you get a cheap/free 300 damage to combo off of from D2 mashing. Some characters get crazy damage from them while others don't have any. It's one of the most unbalanced things about the game at the moment. They wouldn't be that much of an issue if you couldn't combo after them, but you can, which is plain unfair. I have about 1,600 matches so far without using them. If I landed one it was because I got lucky. I don't need them. This is just my opinion. I can understand why like them. If NRS can bar certain moves and variations from ranked sets, I don't see why they can't remove other things from them as well.

i don't understand why its almost impossible to combo out of some. whats so good about frosts b2212 that it won't give you a combo, but errons 21212 allows it?

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
They're very cool.
Just balance the requirements in a way that it's not as useless as Johnny but not too easy either.
They should have reasonable, yet avoidable and predictable requirements.

SLy

Noob
Kb’s are in a weird position for me. Its gratifying to get off to maintain a lead or when you’re in a losing lead but then on the opposite spectrum a 30% kb that erases the work you put in kinda sucks too man. Rewarding kounters and punishes are great but scale down the 30%ers man.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
Hate them. The game would be ten times better without them as well as fatal blows. Winning a match would purely come down to spacing, conditioning, and making sure sure combos land. It'd be a 2D Virtua Fighter, ie a pure competitive fighting game. Instead, against certain characters you get a cheap/free 300 damage to combo off of from D2 mashing. Some characters get crazy damage from them while others don't have any. It's one of the most unbalanced things about the game at the moment. They wouldn't be that much of an issue if you couldn't combo after them, but you can, which is plain unfair. I have about 1,600 matches so far without using them. If I landed one it was because I got lucky. I don't need them. This is just my opinion. I can understand why like them. If NRS can bar certain moves and variations from ranked sets, I don't see why they can't remove other things from them as well.
They could do just an option for them . Turn off KB . For me KB are the same bs as interactables . stupid and unnecessary . its ok for injustice i guess . but agree with you in every point .

Gaxkang

Banned
How I feel about them as they are right now makes me give a no on them.

They are visually real cool looking but...

1. They are unbalanced (what a surprise, heh)...and it remains to be seen if they will ever will be balanced.

2. The damage that can be involved is shall we say, staggering. And I just don't feel a Sub Zero for example earns big fat damage by hitting someone with 3 amped slides in a fight. A Sub Zero is gonna be doing that anyways, a lot. So...big free damage for just playing? Eh.

3. While some folks are consciously using the less obvious ones I am sure, with lots of fights and players the Krushing Blows just sorta happen...which makes the gameplay feel like hitting a jackpot for bonus damage.

4. Between fatal blows and krushing blows, a round can be basically over from very little fighting sometimes. Or a sizable life lead.

Post-EVO I wonder what will happen with Krushing Blows, hrm...