What's new

Poll: Do you like Krushing Blows?

Poll: Do you Like Krushing Blows?

• Total voters
They are fun to watch them, but my problem is this: You can be down to like 20-30% hp bar, your opponent if probably 70-80, you do combo 1 combo with CB and here we go easy 40-50% dmg and than FB and its gg.
Most of the game ninjakilla took from Sonic was basically like that. Sonic has the lead, obviously better player in the game, and ninja just land a CB or FB and its over.
They need balance and both CB and FB should not be combinated with combos or just removed:
And so much this:
The game would be ten times better without them as well as fatal blows. Winning a match would purely come down to spacing, conditioning, and making sure sure combos land

Some fanboys love them, cause you do insanely amount of damage if you combine them with combos, but this is so bad at competition level.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 35141

I like them.

When I'm not playing my main.

I've been playing a little with sub and jax and land a KB I'm like damn this is how the kids play MK now

oasis

Noob
Do you guys think that they would add kbs to characters or update the requirements in the future?
I wish JC had better options

Kratilim

Noob
I love KBs for the visuals mainly. Gameplay wise I see why some of you don't. I think they'd still be good and fun if they did less damage overall but opened up some options like adding a pop-up or something. You would still need to master combo's etc, but a KB wouldn't be a guaranteed 40% or shit like that.

Implementation is everything.

They're a great idea but definitely need requirements brought in line. SC6 got it right with Lethal Hit requirements. This is a solved issue, NRS just needs to catch up.

Krushing blows shine when the requirements force you to make a read with sensible risk and reward. That or it can be a simple requirement like "be a punish" but it makes sense in the context of the character as a whole.

Somewhere between Erron's "hit with a safe half screen overhead twice" and Johnny's "play like a maniac and get lucky" requirements.

D

Deleted member 35141

Still don't get how baraka can have a 40% and dot KB and some characters dont have viable ones at all.
Online with Johnny 500 matches and I have landed a total 2 KBs by accident.
80 matches as jax and probably well over 100.

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
I like it even if Shao Kahn has less options to use it than other characters.

AbeW

Noob
I like the idea. The implementation though looks like the people tasked with designing each character were given vague guidelines and implemented them how they wanted without comparing with what others were doing with their characters, so it's a mess where some characters got plenty of easy to pull and very damaging ones while others have to do stupid things that deviate from their gameplan like they were brutalities (ie: just for fun rather than a real combat mechanic that needs to be balanced).

So my vote is no, but mostly because of lack of coordination and lazy implementation.

It would be yes if revised in the future.
Well said, this is another major flaw in the game's design. At this rate, our nrs new hires will never be able to balance the roster. A mechanic introduced with zero analysis on how it would interfere with balancing the roster.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
They look cool, it’s hype to see in close games but I wish that the requirements weren’t so weird for some of the cast.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
They are great. Such an awesome idea for a fighting game mechanic. The only issue is how hard it is for some characters to do them, and how easy it is for others to do them. It would make sense if the stronger characters had harder to perform KB’s, and the weaker characters had easier to perform KB’s. But unfortunately that is not the case.

I think they're a great mechanic, but as others have said, they just need some tweaking on requirements and damage. One other thing that bugs me is that your opponent can't die from KB DOT bleeding (which can negate quite a bit of damage), but you can die from Erron's brainless acid pool.

Yamborghini High

Live and Die by the Shimmy
Can't remember if it was REO or Tom Brady that said this but one of the MAIN selling points of the game was krushing blows and the fact that some characters just dont have viable ones makes me feel... cheated