Buzzed or Arachnophobia?

• Buzzed

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Arachnophobia

Votes: 26 49.1%

• Total voters

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Personally I think Arachnophobia is better because you can't deny the catastrophic potential damage that can be done very quickly. Buzzed has great setplay and is fun, but in comparison is just obsolete now IMO.

Pro votes from their streams:
Sonicfox and Dragon = Buzzed
Honeybee and F0xy = Arachnophobia

cashthesehands

monster masher
Buzzed for the setplay, creativity in pressure and setups it allows, and the string enders/fast punish. It's way more fun and satisfying to play, and the bug can help make the unsafe strings safe.

Arachnophobia is nice for Jade,Cetrion, Shang, and others where you need a fast-ish full screen check.

Arachnophobia is tons on fun. Now I see what i've been missing when all those noobs, scorpions and kung laos have been randomly teleporting on me!

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Both, depending on the opponent. When I need to keep pressure up close (such as against zoners or high space control characters), I go Arachnophobia. When I want to keep an opponent out (such as against pressure heavy characters), I go Buzzed.

Rey

Reycier
I think buzzed is better.
The additional string options of f22 and 12 are amazing for her neutral.
In arachnophobia you have to almost always go for a ex ovi after the f22 is blocked which is very meter dependant.
And she is very meter dependant in general.
Her set ups in buzzed are so dirty even if you don't get much dmg.
It's like a snowball effect which is always good.
But in specific MU's, it's very good to cover those MU's like skarlet.
She really zones you out hart for example.
But in generell I prefer buzzed

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Arachnophobia seems better to me overall. Buzzed has its strengths but nothing beats being able to launch your opponent full screen.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I think that they excel in their own ways and cover different matchups as a result. I don’t think that one has way more favorable matchups than the other which prevents me from saying that one is better than the other.

REYTHEGREAT

i dont play her but i tried her. I feel like its really up to the play. Buzzed to set play and setups, and Arach for damage.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
My vote goes to Buzzed because it has far better neutral tools. The F22 options in Arachnophobia are death since they are both OSed and many strings are missing. In buzzed you get better extensions to enforce plus frames and neutral is far too important in this game to sacrifice oki and neutral for high damage. You have more opportunities to open and trap your opponents in buzzed and imo its harder for T2 to open them up.
Buzzed is harder to use and master but I feel it has the most reward.

SonicFox touched on this in a video if I can find it, he was explaining to Foxy why Buzzed is better than T2.

Go to about the 3:50 mark to hear the debate about D'Vorah

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Power? Buzzed no question. Better staggers, insane setups, crazy mindgames, and can fill the screen with shit to the point that opponents basically have to hold over and over and over no matter what.

Personal preference? Arachnophobia. I love the teleport and the sheer bm power of bug calling someone to death. Also, having 3+ bugs on people instantly means that basically all back grabs are free from my experience cause everyone just techs forward expecting the KB.

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
I think Arachnophobia is better in my opinion.

The control that Arach. brings to the set can not be brushed away. People and certain characters love to be mid screen, full screen to do whatever. Arach. can 100% control that. The air? Arach. 100% controls that. Now you have your opponent questioning their basic mobility, that's strong. Sub zeros are USE to getting knocked away with 121 and doing free, ice shards, whatever it is, not against Arach. you arent. Scorpion LOL watch him duck full screen for 20 min.

I've been using arach to hold neutral big time. Bug spam is nonstop from me then I read the jumps or strings whiffs with her teleport and so it goes.

----------------------

Buzzed is fun, no question. Lot's of crazy shit that you can setup and get rolling. However, what I think are downsides is, sometimes you set something up and if they don't fall for it you might have to settle for a hard knockdown. There is no question about it the game favors STRONGLY the person being knocked down. I don't like that idea. (they literally have about 8 options on knock down) Buzzed is one of those things that when it works, it works well. When it doesn't, I question why I give up damage for this variation etc. People throwing fireballs nonstop full screen (half the cast or more has this) na, I'm good. I'll keep the teleport and keep the mind game goin with them.

(I also know that buzzed can be setup to handle most wakeup options however, that's just ONE setup of her many in that variation so....................)