What's new

Poking on Block/Hit

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Good advice. Also, it should be noted that certain low attacks will force ducking opponents to stand up on hit. Depending on the hit advantage, they could be forced into a situation where they must block high even though they never let go of down.
Agreed, I plan to add a good bit to the Op, so any other suggestions are welcome.

And then he throws you instead? This is how fighting games work. If youre complaining about game balance, I hear you. But to act like you can just mash d1 and win against good players is misguided. If you hold block anticipating my poke, I no longer have to poke.
Well, first, throws are 10 frames, so good luck getting it against you opponent which poke will also come in 10 frames, but is literally mashing the button.

Then, this is not a balance issue, is a core gameplay/fundamentals issue. 6 frame poke is not the problem, -2, -3, -4 on block is the problem, when the fastest mids are 9 frames. I don't want all characters to have -2 on block pokes so it becomes Mortal Pokeback 11. I just want the if you mash d1s, you can get full combo punished by any character. A shlt ton of pro players already complained about poke system in mk11, so I hardy doubt that this is a scrub problem only.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Well, first, throws are 10 frames, so good luck getting it against you opponent which poke will also come in 10 frames, but is literally mashing the button.

Then, this is not a balance issue, is a core gameplay/fundamentals issue. 6 frame poke is not the problem, -2, -3, -4 on block is the problem, when the fastest mids are 9 frames. I don't want all characters to have -2 on block pokes so it becomes Mortal Pokeback 11. I just want the if you mash d1s, you can get full combo punished by any character. A shlt ton of pro players already complained about poke system in mk11, so I hardy doubt that this is a scrub problem only.
You cant block and mash the poke. Make some reads man. The poke system is flawed, I agree, but this indeed is fault in your gameplay.

You cant block and mash the poke. Make some reads man. The poke system is flawed, I agree, but this indeed is fault in your gameplay.
what reads? problem in my gameplay, wtf? if you now say the poke system is flawed, which was my point the whole time, i dont know what did you want to express.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
what reads? problem in my gameplay, wtf? if you now say the poke system is flawed, which was my point the whole time, i dont know what did you want to express.
If you block a poke and can only poke back, do it. Youll hit if theyre mashing and have your turn. If theyre blocking you can do a string or throw. You have to read which one theyll do, they cant do both simultaneously without some OS I dont know about. I know the poke system is flawed because your only option shouldnt be poke back to condition, but right now it is in some cases. You not knowing how to deal with it is on you. Thats the point of my thread, it can be dealt with properly.

I think every character should have a 7f poke or faster in this game. Its kind of bullshit that characters like frost and dvorah have 8f pokes where geras has a 6f poke that is only -4. Literally a 2 window. Frost and dvorah are also 2 characters with slow mids....ugh.

Imo pokes should be -5 and no one should be saddled with an 8f poke in this game lol it makes some characters just less fun to play

AbeW

Noob
Geras having a 6 frame D1 that is -4 on block is a perfect example of why pokes in this game are dumb. Some characters fastest move is 8 frames, giving you a 2 frame window to poke back. Good luck doing that consistently online. Either give everyone a 6 frame poke or make everyone -6 after a blocked D1.
#1) Get a ethernet LAN cable
#2) Get a low lag BenQ gaming monitor or similar.
#3) Decline invitation from Scrublord if ping's over 100ms.
These are basic necessities for playing FGs online.
Now get down and do some poking, valiant poke warrior. You can do it!

Wigy

There it is...
You know what frost gets after her d1. Nothing

S1 whiffs.
B1 is 16 frames startup.

You legit just have to d1 spin and hope they mashed poke after you hit them.

Most of the time you have to be frame perfect and take a gamble just to press on a poke after hit.

I just poke. Wait for them to mash poke and then reversal grab now.

If erron is spamming d3 on block you legitimately can't do anything about it. Her 9f poke trades at best after you block his and her d3 which is 8f may as well be a d2 with it's hitbox. Get low profiled and has a pixel of horizontal range.

I'm all for her to have weak footsies and be strong in other respects but I'm not okay with 7f low profiling pokes that are minus two.