What's new

Pokes

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Both.

They were liike ''uhhhh, yeah, we did listen to u guys. The poke system sucks. So lets fix it'' and then they nerfed A LITTLE (like 1 fuckin frame) some pokes (geras, erron, scorpion and some other 3-4 characters) and then they BUFFED other pokes (frost has now a poke that is only -3 on block, another poke from her went from -6 to -4... Kano d3 went from 10f to 9f and -7 to -5, etc).

So yeah, they nerfed A LITTLE the mashing of some characters but BUFFED the mashing of some other characters. This patch is hilarious lmaaaaaoooo

Jbog

Noob
Been playing now for a week jc main and i must say the patch to pokes really fixed this game for me no longer poke fest im enjoying thos game now. Actually get a turn

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Both.

They were liike ''uhhhh, yeah, we did listen to u guys. The poke system sucks. So lets fix it'' and then they nerfed A LITTLE (like 1 fuckin frame) some pokes (geras, erron, scorpion and some other 3-4 characters) and then they BUFFED other pokes (frost has now a poke that is only -3 on block, another poke from her went from -6 to -4... Kano d3 went from 10f to 9f and -7 to -5, etc).

So yeah, they nerfed A LITTLE the mashing of some characters but BUFFED the mashing of some other characters. This patch is hilarious lmaaaaaoooo
The characters that got their pokes buffed can't mash, that's not how it works, for pokes to be mashable they gotta be fast and be barely negative. Ex: Geras' pre-patch d1 which was 6 frames and -3.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
They nerfed pokes that could be abused non stop, buffed characters with bad pokes and buffed pretty much everyone's hit advantage on them to make it possible to jail highs.

Jbog

Noob
The poke meta of this game is because of the block recovery frames it makes punishes inconsistant and your only attack thats fast enough to punish a poke. This could be fixed easily

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Man, what? People just replied that you're able to take your turn after a blocked poke and why. If you try to take your turn when you get hit, that's on your lmao. Pokes are fine now imo. It's wacky hurtboxes/hitboxes, whiffing issues on strings and jump-ins they have to fix.

Jbog

Noob
If pokes were minus 6 instead of minus 3 then yeah u can take a turn mostly people jyst poke again and if ur charater doesnt have a quick mid u poke again making 3 pokes till pushback happens.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
You can absolutely take your turn at -3

Block > poke back with your fastest (or poke into special if you're feeling feisty and you wanna send a message)
Block > grab
Block > neutral jump
Block > back up and whiff punish

Lab what works best for you and your character.

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
The poke system in this game is still GARBAGE!

Pokes that are barely minus on whiff and block, with a very weird blockstun, not plus enough on hit and you can cancel them into specials to fuck the counter-poke. They are sooo bad that people are not even trying to hit confirm it (I'm included) because most of the times you CANT because the time you get to react to the hit confirm you already lost a lot of hit adv frames and then you get poked on HIT LMAAAO. And pokes into backdash being a thing is just... Wtf nrs