What's new

Poison Ivy's Hard-to-Blockable

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Sorry if this has been known but I really haven't seen anyone do it but myself.

Pretty much it involves her f3 and low trait. I know literally every Ivy player(including myself) just likes to sit back and zone away while Yoshi is out but with this, you can be a threat from afar and upclose.

Pops up on hit for a full combo anywhere if f3 hits last, fully comboable in the corner. +2 or +14 on block depending on what was blocked last.

Here's a video explaining it

You can special cancel into the low Yoshi as well if that makes it easier to get it out

Last edited:
When ivy is hit her trait goes away but if there's a projectile out that stays. Does nightshade continue to travel low if she's hit?

I've got some interesting ideas I'm gonna have to try when I get home.

Sorry, poor wording.

When nightshade spits a projectile and ivy gets hit while that projectile is on the screen, nightshade goes away but the projectile continues. So I'm wondering if that's true with the low also and it continues or because it's actually NS, it goes away.

Hopefully that makes more sense. I'll be playing around with this stuff when I get home in a bit.

Sorry, poor wording.

When nightshade spits a projectile and ivy gets hit while that projectile is on the screen, nightshade goes away but the projectile continues. So I'm wondering if that's true with the low also and it continues or because it's actually NS, it goes away.

Hopefully that makes more sense. I'll be playing around with this stuff when I get home in a bit.
Yeah. I see what you're saying and yes that is correct. If Nightshade was already summoned, the existing projectile shot she shoots will still connect even after the Poison Ivy player has long been attacked which comes you some options to play around with after you recover from said hit.

This is true too when you talk about being hit but successfully getting out xx Trait+D4 xx. Khaotic beautifully explains this condition which when timed perfectly, can lead to a nice unblockable and (even more beautiful vine set-ups).