What's new

Poison Ivy Speculation Thread

Do you think Poison Ivy will be more of a Trap/Setup type or Mid range neutral type character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
unpopular opinion. I would be completely fine if yoshi was a gear move and her fireball was standered. #Ijustwanttozone
Just a trailer but still I think if you want to zone you're being a little stubborn holding onto ivy here. The cast is fucking riddled with zoners of all shapes and sizes and ivy doesn't really hold a candle to any of them and clearly seems like she wasn't really designed to be a zoner when looked at in comparison

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Just a trailer but still I think if you want to zone you're being a little stubborn holding onto ivy here. The cast is fucking riddled with zoners of all shapes and sizes and ivy doesn't really hold a candle to any of them and clearly seems like she wasn't really designed to be a zoner when looked at in comparison
What's wrong with wanting the character I like the most to play the way I like to play

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
What's wrong with wanting the character I like the most to play the way I like to play
Just different perspectives i guess. I prefer to decide what character I like the most based on how they play - after all, I will be playing them non-stop if they're my main. There are other characters I think look much cooler, like the story etc, and will learn those too, but don't screw yourself over and main something that doesn't fit your playstyle just because you like the character's story or aesthetic itself.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
unpopular opinion. I would be completely fine if yoshi was a gear move and her fireball was standered. #Ijustwanttozone
I would actually take the plant minion over the projectile anytime even for the zoning game... I mean, a bitch shooting projectiles at your oponent while you slap them with that maze?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Way different then what I thought.
Sad the thorn fireball is a gear move though.

Barkskin armor is fantastic, the ground thorns are w/e though.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Bruh this character looks dope. Trait has a shit ton of potential.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I like her! She ended up being kinda like a jack of all trades character... seems more powerful at fullscreen but the set-up potential with the restand, close/far F3 and trait looks amazing!
I LOVE her D2 and she has ok range...

Better than i expected

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Ivy's going to have dirty strike/throw mixups and probably a vortex on top of a solid zoning and space control game. I could scarcely ask for more.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yeah her playstyle definitely didn't properly show in the trailer.
Although we got a few things right. I called the spike tracking, looks super good and her main tool overall. Wonder if it's safe, maybe the MB version is which is why you can MB it on block?
Combos into itself and you can MB the second one as well, first thing I'm testing is if you can do more than 2, 4 MB vine spikes combo sounds awesome. Damage's totally not worth it though, just the 2 Derek was doing did terrible damage.

B3 and d2 have wtf range, channeling her inner Dvorah.

The kiss is an actual grab! Fuckin sick! MB for a full combo is gonna make it a great mixup tool. Stream also reconfirms to me that this will probably be her wake-up... hope it's properly invincible at least.

The moves that weren't shown in the trailer are all interesting. Barkskin is probably the most useful one, ground thorns are.. Ok, they'll probably be nice in the corner to add damage and for oki. In MKX they stop runs but in this game idk what their purpose is.

Florasaurus is her trait, hype. Shit is auto too so you can just go fuckin nuts after you call it. It's closer to Gargos' minions from KI than Zod's or Atro's traits which is interesting. Goes fullscreen too. Lovin it.

Her strings have a lot of overheads, and she does have a low special but it's only through the stance.
The other option is the burrow from Florasaurus timed alongside the overheads. It can also be an easy hard-to-blockable with her jump 2.

Hell, she even has a 3/4s of the screen overhead and godlike gear. I'm super stoked, can't wait for the game.

Last edited:

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
Also, can we just talk about how wack ass her character select screen attack is? She does like a not throat chop lol like what. Her blowing a kiss with her plant dust would've been perfect, or even like one of the venus fly trap biting, but no, just a chest jab.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Her 12121233 string looks insane for staggers:
We Kung Lao-ing up in this bitch
I hate doing strings like this, but I'll have to get used to it. I was already looking at her as a secondary whether she was good or not...and now she looks like my dream character.

Status
Not open for further replies.