What's new

Poison Ivy Speculation Thread

Do you think Poison Ivy will be more of a Trap/Setup type or Mid range neutral type character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Is there any word on Poison Ivy from folks with early copies of the game? I'm dying over here.
According to Pig yesterday, word on the street is that she's strong.

Guy: "What about Robin and Ivy? How are they"
Pig: "Ivy STRONNNNG"

I wouldn't put much stock in that though.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Can't wait to get bodied by the pseudo unblockables she has w nightshade low.

What tools does she not have???? Getting my salt ready
Her wakeup is trash, it's the grab and it has no range lol. Her anti-air d2 is also hard to use so jumping at her might not be the worst idea.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Everyone on Twitter who has the game early is preaching about how great she is.

The only downside is her main footsie tool doesn't seem to have the best combo ability but we can test that out in the lab.

Lokheit

Noob
Can't wait to get bodied by the pseudo unblockables she has w nightshade low.

What tools does she not have???? Getting my salt ready
Nightshade's low isn't a hardtoblockable, Ivy makes an animation during the command pointing forward so she can't use an Overhead at the same time.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
If you guys want me to test anything let me know.
First thing i tried is linking off puke hits, can't do grounded string> puke> ground string. You'll need to launch with the spike then juggle if you want a combo, as shown by the combo I linked above.

Wazminator

twitch.tv/Wazminator
From what I tested/played with Ivy she honestly felt pretty bad to me, her having no control on trait is what makes me think that more than anything, i feel like once trait is out theres no point whiff punishing/hit confirmimg because the trait thing just shoots them out lmao

Her B2 is a heaps good button but not enough for me to consider her great, wakeup cmd grab is pretty ass too, hate to be that guy but this is just how i felt after a few hours with her

Im sure she'll look a bit better once fleshed out but early impressions for me are that she isnt great, feel free to ask me some questions

If you guys want me to test anything let me know.
First thing i tried is linking off puke hits, can't do grounded string> puke> ground string. You'll need to launch with the spike then juggle if you want a combo, as shown by the combo I linked above.
Thanks for the video! What are your overall impressions of her at the moment? Is she the zoner she was pitched as during the Watchtower or is she more of a counter-zoner/set up character? I'm very curious to find out what her gameplan is actually like.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
So far she's very neutral oriented. B2, F2 and f3 are her main tools here.
B3 has crazy range but it's jump bait.
Her dashes are slow but her walkspeed is solid. Bark skin cancels chip and reduces damage heavily so try to have it on as much as possible.
In juggles f21 xx bark skin is safe and you can meaty b1 after. I didn't test this against all wakeups so not 100% sure about this yet.

She has a few plus moves that I can recall atm. S3, 213, b3p and 1212, I'll check if there's more but those are the ones I remember.

Drills are slow but they have their uses, bark skin + drills is great for counter zoning. With trait out it becomes actual zoning.
Don't use them in halfscreen range or closer otherwise you'll get punished.

Grab is a shitty wakeup but it helps against 50/50s that lack range like Canary's or Beetle's. At least it's reward is big so it's worth the risk of trying it every now and then.

Trait is the deal breaker for her, it recharges really quick so having it out as much as possible bumps Ivy from average to wtf status. The burrow is like +11 and it launches for a combo, but she's stuck in animation for it (Like Quan's bat bite).

She has mixups but they're not unreactable 50/50s, however with trait out she can basically go nuts with pukes covering her, you need to learn the timings like the combo above to be in sync with Ivysaur.

Her throw in the corner can be "looped" SFV style, they're right besides you and the timing of her coming down from the flower pillar makes it hard to tell when she can attack.

Also random note, Ivysaur's puke stuffs a stupid amount of wakeups. Getting a knockdown with trait out means that you'll get free oki coz doing a wake-up is suicide.

Thank you @TrulyAmiracle! It looks like she will be right up my alley. Her trait does seem to have a very low cooldown. I wonder if that's going to take a hit in the Day 1 patch?

Also, we got a couple of Poison Ivy matches during the Watchtower today. I'm actually starting to get worried about her customization options. Her gear looks very same-y.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yeah so far all I got is leaves and drag lookin make-up lol. The shaders are awesome tho, them alone add a lot of variety to her look.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Her drills are -12 and mb is -9. She's safe one it for the most part, completely safe full screen. Green lantern can punish tho so be careful

Aquaman can't punish but we can punish his FTD :p. Also #barkskinnochipboys

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Her drills are -12 and mb is -9. She's safe one it for the most part, completely safe full screen. Green lantern can punish tho so be careful

Aquaman can't punish but we can punish his FTD :p. Also #barkskinnochipboys
Are you telling me that the character I want as my secondary to Harley counters Aquaman? I can only get so hype, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.