What's new

Poison Ivy Rant / Rework ideas

Doesn’t needs projectile when drills are already powerful against a majority of the cast. If you don’t have any aerial game or have good zoning, you’re forced to play her game, and it’s really good.

No long ranged combos but b2 has really good range and it’s one of the best mids in the game. F3 go more than full screen. F212 in a full screen HKD.

B2/F3/Trait/Barkskin/Drills are the barriers. Every character in the game has to deal with at least one of those.

Level up man. This is a desperate cry for attention and all you’re doing is making yourself look bad
You clearly don't main poison ivy because have the cast can outzone poison ivy so there is no need for her drill? Second of all without her pet drill is no as useful it's not a good of an anti air as aquamans from the deep. And how can her drill be great against majority of the cast if MAJORITY OF THE CAST ARE ZONERS OR AERIAL FIGHTERS So no it isn't. Also forward 3 is over 30 frames and predictable so is b2 so no she doesn't have range also that was only 2 you could even think of and they're predictable. Alll the things you call barriers are not really barriers they have hit boxes... trait is the only I'll consider being a barrier but it's not as good as it should be... and the fact you said barkskin lol .... right.. I'm the one desperate for attention but your calling bs about poison ivy that doesn't exist... who's really making their self look bad?!? I'll wait.....

Last edited:
How can she be a utility character without any utilities? She doesn't have a projectile, no barriers between her and her opponent, no long ranged combos to have distance advantage, she has none of the same characteristics of cc or aquaman. And no nightshade is not a barrier you can disrespect that pet as if it's not even there
She has a top 5 projectile in the game.... drill. insanely good char vs low mobility low proj characters like batman or robin or canary et cetera.

Yes characters like superman or brainiac don't care about trait. Thus, she is utility like cap cold. Have a pocket one. Don't main her.

She has a top 5 projectile in the game.... drill. insanely good char vs low mobility low proj characters like batman or robin or canary et cetera.

Yes characters like superman or brainiac don't care about trait. Thus, she is utility like cap cold. Have a pocket one. Don't main her.
Says bat man as if he doesn't have trait grappling hook, air Mobility, and batarang.. also there are also interactable in the game the you can jump off of... so no she is not she not utility she doesn't have BARRIERS she doesn't have aquamans water shield, she doesn't have aquamans long trisent that has range, she doesn't have wonderwomans whip range, she doesn't have an anti airing projectile, she doesn't have a lot of pushback on her abilities, she doesn't have a ice block wall she doesn't have floor ice that leads to full combo she doesn't have an ice globe that slows people down so how is she utility? What? Your statement made no sense

Says bat man as if he doesn't have trait grappling hook, air Mobility, and batarang.. also there are also interactable in the game the you can jump off of... so no she is not she not utility she doesn't have BARRIERS she doesn't have aquamans water shield, she doesn't have aquamans long trisent that has range, she doesn't have wonderwomans whip range, she doesn't have an anti airing projectile, she doesn't have a lot of pushback on her abilities, she doesn't have a ice block wall she doesn't have floor ice that leads to full combo she doesn't have an ice globe that slows people down so how is she utility? What? Your statement made no sense
You are down playing and being irrational. You lose probably bc of skill. Don't blame the character. Focus on your shortcomings rather than the characters.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
Poison Ivy's projectile isn't complimented by her moveset or her specials really. Nightshade only has reign on the ground, just like her drill, meaning she has to set up trait in order to emphasize her drill pressure. And even then, there are a lot of variables to whether or not the pressure actually works.

A lot of the characters have projectiles and long-range air moves to keep her in check when she tries to zone them.

Only black canary really gets super oppressed by it.

Sometimes you can find yourself taking a lot of chip from her because you end up respecting her too much, but it's definitely underwhelming pressure when you look at it on paper and when you actually take it into the lab.

Not a lot of characters in the cast have issues with poison ivy's zoning game. Her up close is decent, no real mix but still, it's just .. decent, like .. captain cold-esque decent. Nobody's really afraid of cold up close but he has some stuff you have to respect sometimes, so he can get back into his zoning. Ivy requires her opponent to get opened up and get HKD'd so she can set up trait and then use her drills (nightshade shoots 5 times at varying ground-hitting angles). But after that, she can sorta keep you at bay for maybe 2-3 drills (depending on the character), then it's your turn if you play your cards right. I don't know if that's really oppressive or if it's true zoning, but it's just a pattern that the Ivy player MUST FOLLOW in order to win. If they don't open up their opponent they just lose.

Maybe they could buff her seeds to make them ground her opponent? (The Bed of Thorns thing) Just food for thought. She's not an awful character she's just lacking a true concrete place in this meta.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
You are down playing and being irrational. You lose probably bc of skill. Don't blame the character. Focus on your shortcomings rather than the characters.
Andnya didn't say that it was an issue of "losing". This topic is about the character, not win rate.

Trust me I rarely lose because people respect her too much . if anyone wants to see add me on psn @ andnyalewis_ simple otherwise you're welcome to leave my post. And it's not like expect anyone tht doesn't main poison ivy to understand but the fact you're trying to correct me because you don't know how to play against her so your skill less self tries to hype her up

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
You clearly don't main poison ivy because have the cast can outzone poison ivy so there is no need for her drill? Second of all without her pet drill is no as useful it's not a good of an anti air as aquamans from the deep. And how can her drill be great against majority of the cast if MAJORITY OF THE CAST ARE ZONERS OR AERIAL FIGHTERS So no it isn't. Also forward 3 is over 30 frames and predictable so is b2 so no she doesn't have range also that was only 2 you could even think of and they're predictable. Alll the things you call barriers are not really barriers they have hit boxes... trait is the only I'll consider being a barrier but it's not as good as it should be... and the fact you said barkskin lol .... right.. I'm the one desperate for attention but your calling bs about poison ivy that doesn't exist... who's really making their self look bad?!? I'll wait.....
But I main her and based on what you’re saying, I can tell you aren’t good with her. Drill and FTD are 2 completely different things. They function different. Stop trying to compare the 2. That’s your problem

I literally stopped reading after you tried to downplay b2. You have no idea what you’re talking about and I don’t have to read the rest to know you’re just talking just to talk.

You can continue looking dumb tho. It’s nice entertainment.

But I main her and based on what you’re saying, I can tell you aren’t good with her. Drill and FTD are 2 completely different things. They function different. Stop trying to compare the 2. That’s your problem

I literally stopped reading after you tried to downplay b2. You have no idea what you’re talking about and I don’t have to read the rest to know you’re just talking just to talk.

You can continue looking dumb tho. It’s nice entertainment.
Yeahp that's clearly what I stated b2 is horrible is what I said in my post lol ... and you're exactly right from the deep and drill are completely different but you saying drill had the characteristic of from the deep when it is doesn't.

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
Trust me I don't lose... if anyone wants to see add me on psn @ andnyalewis_ simple otherwise you're welcome to leave my post. And it's not like expect anyone tht doesn't main poison ivy to understand but the fact you're trying to correct me because you don't know how to play against her so your skill less self tries to hype her up
Yeahp that's clearly what I stated b2 is horrible is what I said in my post lol ... and you're exactly right from the deep and drill are completely different but you saying drill had the characteristic of from the deep when it is doesn't.
Nah man, I disagree with you on barkskin though, it's a really good tool against zoners. AND back 2 is SO GOOD though, she would be trash without back 2

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
Also let's play sometimes, I rarely find ivy mains online. pSN: shahadat25

Nah man, I disagree with you on barkskin though, it's a really good tool against zoners. AND back 2 is SO GOOD though, she would be trash without back 2
Yeah it's good if you can get it off I never said it wasn't a good tool I just said it's not a "barrier" I doesn't prevent people from getting to you and hitting you... your skin will run out before you can get a chance to attack or get in on a zoner

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yeah it's good if you can get it off I never said it wasn't a good tool I just said it's not a "barrier" I doesn't prevent people from getting to you and hitting you... your skin will run out before you can get a chance to attack or get in on a zoner
You make it seem like she can’t get it off.

SHE HAS MULTIPLE WAYS TO SET UP
Lol “it runs out before she can get in”. Why are you using it to try and use offense?

Do you even lab? Just sprouting shit on the forums

You make it seem like she can’t get it off.

SHE HAS MULTIPLE WAYS TO SET UP
Lol “it runs out before she can get in”. Why are you using it to try and use offense?

Do you even lab? Just sprouting shit on the forums
So what? So you get outzoned put on the skin to stand still and still be outzoned... skin lasts for around 6 seconds so yeah it usually does run out... before it's your turn. I never said you couldn't get it off and no one tries to set up skin rather than setting up the pet...honestly just stop commenting cause you're wasting your time you're making no sense what so ever. And yeah I do lab I have videos/ evidence to back up what I say. If you want me to post it I'll gladly do it

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
After not being on this site for a little bit, this has been one of the most entertaining threads to come back to. OP's logic just makes me SMH.