What's new

Poison Ivy: Pocket character for bad Match Ups?

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
What's a good secondary character to have for matchups like Deadshot, super girl , batman(I have had mixed experience against bats, I feel like I can zone him out but I'm dead when he is up close)

What's a good secondary character to have for matchups like Deadshot, super girl , batman(I have had mixed experience against bats, I feel like I can zone him out but I'm dead when he is up close)
Y, Deadshot and SG - cancer. But i find batman quit good matchup, as he will loose zoning battle, and up close you can back dash his pressure an punish on whiff easy, as ivy got one of best bb in a game. If i see him jin2 with no bats - b3ex. Just try not get into the corner, mid screen game must be in Ivy's favor.

About SG - i find it to be the worst matchup for IVy, as you can do nothing to outzone SG, and you cannot expose her gapes because Ivy's fastest normal is d1, 7f. In a corner she got ridiculous pressure on IVY. What is more, her freaking b12 beats ivy's b2d2 in most cases, if they're hitting simultaneously

Deadshot - i would say it's 5 \ 5. If you get a life lead - DS will be the one who needs to get in, as you can easily trade with his bf1. Even if not, f3ex is a great option to get in, catching him on shooting bullets.

Rex24

Y, Deadshot and SG - cancer. But i find batman quit good matchup, as he will loose zoning battle, and up close you can back dash his pressure an punish on whiff easy, as ivy got one of best bb in a game. If i see him jin2 with no bats - b3ex. Just try not get into the corner, mid screen game must be in Ivy's favor.

About SG - i find it to be the worst matchup for IVy, as you can do nothing to outzone SG, and you cannot expose her gapes because Ivy's fastest normal is d1, 7f. In a corner she got ridiculous pressure on IVY. What is more, her freaking b12 beats ivy's b2d2 in most cases, if they're hitting simultaneously

Deadshot - i would say it's 5 \ 5. If you get a life lead - DS will be the one who needs to get in, as you can easily trade with his bf1. Even if not, f3ex is a great option to get in, catching him on shooting bullets.
thanks, I think you've had a better luck against deadshot, I've won against very few dead shots so far, I even lose against the ones that mindlessly shoot w/o any strategy ,there's just no way around it I feel. I wish ivy had a better anti air, d2 is better now but still so much worse than so many characters

Rex24

thanks, I think you've had a better luck against deadshot, I've won against very few dead shots so far, I even lose against the ones that mindlessly shoot w/o any strategy ,there's just no way around it I feel. I wish ivy had a better anti air, d2 is better now but still so much worse than so many characters
Also I am trash lol, so there's that

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think (I don't play Ivy so take this for what it is) in theory Ivy would do bad against characters that either outzone her or characters that have good air control or air mobility.

As for a character that's a good choice for Batman, Deadshot, or Supergirl, I'd say pick up Supergirl herself. Supergirl beats Deadshot slightly, arguably beats Batman slightly, and obviously is even with herself, and she's not hard to learn really. Aquaman beats Batman and Supergirl but loses to Deadshot, but he isn't crazy hard either. I'd go Supergirl.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I think (I don't play Ivy so take this for what it is) in theory Ivy would do bad against characters that either outzone her or characters that have good air control or air mobility.
She does lose in most cases, but there are some characters with those tools and she does perfectly fine against. Darkseid and Black Adam are some of those characters. She bops Starfire apparently as well (I use both and I still haven't ran that MU)

I'm still trippin on how dude said deadshot is a 5-5 lol. That's one of the most horrendous MUs in the game.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
She does lose in most cases, but there are some characters with those tools and she does perfectly fine against. Darkseid and Black Adam are some of those characters. She bops Starfire apparently as well (I use both and I still haven't ran that MU)

I'm still trippin on how dude said deadshot is a 5-5 lol. That's one of the most horrendous MUs in the game.
Deadshot tends to do well against the other zoners especially if he also beats them up close.

this is MU 5-5 because basically, it's all about life lead, as i told, IVY can trade with DS bf1 spam, so DS will be the one who needs to get in. At this point you play your footsies and trip guard him.

Plus, before trait ends, use dd2 and u can just wait for trait to reset, Armor will last for a half of trait recovery.

If u need to get in, DS just have to respect f3, which reaches almost half screen. 1 touch - and its 350+ dmg and re-stand with 50\50

You need to play more PI vs DS MU, mate)

game.
Uhmmm, she does well against Darkseid? Seriously? Darkseid just shuts down her zoning with insta jump beams lol. And by the time beam reaches u, he's already in the air again.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
this is MU 5-5 because basically, it's all about life lead, as i told, IVY can trade with DS bf1 spam, so DS will be the one who needs to get in. At this point you play your footsies and trip guard him.

Plus, before trait ends, use dd2 and u can just wait for trait to reset, Armor will last for a half of trait recovery.

If u need to get in, DS just have to respect f3, which reaches almost half screen. 1 touch - and its 350+ dmg and re-stand with 50\50

If the deadshot player's timing is down you will not be able to trade between straight shots. Drill is just to slow. Not to mention there's also no time to set up trait or bark skin against his zoning. Since all our specials are 20 plus frames our only chance is to go when deadshot has a better up close game then us and since we can't zone him back there is no way to build meter especially when he starts using the meter drain trait

You been playing a bit too many ranked deadshots mate

xKhaoTik

Man I'm convinced you have no idea what you're talking about lol and you play very shitty deadshots. Instead of thinking you're a god and posting impractical combos videos all day, play a real deadshot and learn the MU. But until then, lemme read you real quick.

This is Ivy's worst MU hands down. There is no trading with bf1. Its way too quick. Ivy isnt doing any type of zoning here and it's very very hard to set up trait or barkskin due to how intense his zoning is. MBF3 only works if the deadshot is being stupid with bf1 all day. Good deadshots will blow that up with mb low rifle or any other mb shots. It's very hard for Ivy to build Meter in this match since she can't play her game at all, and on top of that, he's going to control your meter with his poison bullets, while he's gaining meter for days. Even if you manage to get trait out, it's still very hard to zone him. Yea barkskin takes no chip but it still doesn't help the MU when he's going to gain meter anyways and still zone.

And what do you mean he has to come in? Who cares if Ivy has the lead? His zoning is much more powerful than hers and he can easily gain the life lead because of it. Ivy has to come to him no matter what.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

Uhmmm, she does well against Darkseid? Seriously? Darkseid just shuts down her zoning with insta jump beams lol. And by the time beam reaches u, he's already in the air again.
Did you stretch before this reach? You're the same guy trying to tell me she goes even with deadshot lol. So again, let me read you.

She punishes the beams on whiff anywhere on the screen with drill. It's a tight punish but if you can consistently do it, you'll punish him everytime, shutting his zoning down. If you can't do that, just walk in. He has to resort to MB beams. You don't zone in this MU. You counter it.

His teleport is a joke to her since she was able to punish on reaction with d2 before the buff, so it's even scarier to teleport against her now due to d2 and b3 being faster.

Instead of playing SomeRandomGuy224, look for some of the good players on here and play them. You'll learn a thing or 2 ;)

Last edited:
Man I'm convinced you have no idea what you're talking about lol and you play very shitty deadshots. Instead of thinking you're a god and posting impractical combos videos all day, play a real deadshot and learn the MU. But until then, lemme read you real quick.

This is Ivy's worst MU hands down. There is no trading with bf1. Its way too quick. Ivy isnt doing any type of zoning here and it's very very hard to set up trait or barkskin due to how intense his zoning is. MBF3 only works if the deadshot is being stupid with bf1 all day. Good deadshots will blow that up with mb low rifle or any other mb shots. It's very hard for Ivy to build Meter in this match since she can't play her game at all, and on top of that, he's going to control your meter with his poison bullets, while he's gaining meter for days. Even if you manage to get trait out, it's still very hard to zone him. Yea barkskin takes no chip but it still doesn't help the MU when he's going to gain meter anyways and still zone.

And what do you mean he has to come in? Who cares if Ivy has the lead? His zoning is much more powerful than hers and he can easily gain the life lead because of it. Ivy has to come to him no matter what.
Nah, i won't enter this verbal fight, because you r obviously wrong on everything.
There is no trading with bf1. Its way too quick.
Yep, there is
It's a tight trade, but if you can consistently do it, you'll trade every him every time

She punishes the beams on whiff anywhere on the screen with drill
No she doesn't

His teleport is a joke to her since she was able to punish on reaction with d2 before the buff, so it's even scarier to teleport against her now due to d2 and b3 being faster.
Worst punish ever, due to damage scaling. Lemme read you real quick
What you need to do is just move forward as you see him jumping (without trait set up of course). Pi got GODLIKE move speed and wave walking, so you just trip guard with b2.

xKhaoTik

Nah, i won't enter this verbal fight, because you r obviously wrong on everything.

Yep, there is
It's a tight trade, but if you can consistently do it, you'll trade every him every time

No she doesn't

Worst punish ever, due to damage scaling. Lemme read you real quick
What you need to do is just move forward as you see him jumping (without trait set up of course). Pi got GODLIKE move speed and wave walking, so you just trip guard with b2.

lol who's gonna use bf1 like that tho lol. And you lose the trade in terms of damage. You most likely lose the trade in general because he'll block the incoming spike and then start his zoning. If you think bf1 is all he has then you need to rework your strategy on the MU

And you're doing drills way too slow against darkseid and you didn't even show the instant airs lol

And you're not saying anything special. Everyone knows you can walk away. That's obvious. I'm just saying she also has the option to AA him when he does it. Not a lot of people have that luxury. And the damage isn't bad since she gets a b3 from a d2, or she can do MBb3 which is more damage than what you'll get with b2.

That was a cute attempt to read me tho lol. Try again next time!

lol who's gonna use bf1 like that tho lol. And you lose the trade in terms of damage. You most likely lose the trade in general because he'll block the incoming spike and then start his zoning. If you think bf1 is all he has then you need to rework your strategy on the MU

And you're doing drills way too slow against darkseid and you didn't even show the instant airs lol

And you're not saying anything special. Everyone knows you can walk away. That's obvious. I'm just saying she also has the option to AA him when he does it. Not a lot of people have that luxury. And the damage isn't bad since she gets a b3 from a d2, or she can do MBb3 which is more damage than what you'll get with b2.

That was a cute attempt to read me tho lol. Try again next time!

U need to get life lead first, as i said.
If Deadshot respects the spike - it's even better lol. You r the one who does dmg. if he goes with low rifle - it's your turn again, unless ex. So, if u get about 400 dmg advantage -you can compete with his zoning, as u can now challenge his bf1 afterwords.

She can do MBb3 which is more damage than what you'll get with b2.
Nah, you spend 1 bar and get 402 highest, meanwhile d2 + 1bar 492.

Show me how you punish beams.

If Deadshot respects the spike - it's even better lol. You r the one who does dmg. if he goes with low rifle - it's your turn again, unless ex. So, if u get about 400 dmg advantage -you can compete with his zoning, as u can now challenge his bf1 afterwords with db2.

xKhaoTik

If Deadshot respects the spike - it's even better lol. You r the one who does dmg. if he goes with low rifle - it's your turn again, unless ex. So, if u get about 400 dmg advantage -you can compete with his zoning, as u can now challenge his bf1 afterwords.

I don't think you understand what an even MU is and everything you're saying is only working against scrubs.

Just because you claim the MU is "life lead based" (which it isn't AT ALL), doesn't mean it's even. There's plenty on MUs in FGs in which they are life lead based, yet one character still has the advantage over the other.

An even MU means both characters have tools that counteract each other equally. So in this case, Ivy would have equal amount of advantages and disadvantages as Deadshot. THAT'S NOT THE CASE AT ALL.

Both Ivy and Deadshot are zoners. Deadshot is arguably the best zoner in the game and as good as Ivy's zoning is, his is better overall in general and in the MU. You're saying you can trade with bf1 and even though you posted a video of you spamming bf1 and trading with it, that will not happen in high level play since NO Deadshot player will use it like that. On top of that, he has plenty of other zoning options against her that pretty much shits on her zoning. To make matters worse, the blue bullets knock you back full screen, so even if you were to "trade", you lose that trade terribly since Ivy doesn't want to be full screen against him. So that's an advantage he has over her.

Ivy and deadshot are also known for building meter insanely quick due to the zoning. I just explained how Deadshot shits on her zoning, so of course, he's gonna shit on her in the meter building department. He's playing his game the way he wants to and while he's doing it, he's building PLENTY of meter, while you aren't (unless you're getting hit). Then once you do gain the meter, you're going to have to resort to MB roll or MBF3 to get in, and both of those can easily be blown up by him. He has plenty of options to shred the F3 and he can bait the roll and punish. To make matters worse, a good Deadshot will control how much meter she has with his Poison bullets. So after going thru hell to gain the meter, he just takes it away. So that's ANOTHER advantage he has over her.

So we talked about how her shits on her zoning and meter building. What's left?
Upclose? Ok we can do that. Both are good upclose and Ivy does do more damage than him. He has the 50/50s, the 6f d1 to deal with and the staggers. You can just block low against Ivy tho while you have to guess with him so I would slightly give it to him in this department as well.

The only real advantage she has over him is the damage. You have to make it count when you finally touch him before you get sent back to square one.

And what's with you thinking Deadshot had to come in when he's down on life? Why does he have to do that? He can play his game no matter what against her.

Please stop playing these scrubs and play Foxy (someone @ him). You have no idea what you're talking about if you honestly think this MU is even and "life lead based"