What's new

Poison Ivy full strings and specials breakdown.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
@Lokheit I went through the steam and found the damage values for her specials

Vine Drill: 55 mb: 86.35
Kiss of death: 132 mb: 55
Datura Hammer 1:55 ,2:55 ,3: 55, mb:74.05
Bed of thorns: 5.33 per tick
Rhytidome Skin: 1.45% damage reduction (if my math is right)
Trait: projectile: 33 low attack: 55

Lokheit

Noob
@Lokheit I went through the steam and found the damage values for her specials

Vine Drill: 55 mb: 86.35
Kiss of death: 132 mb: 55
Datura Hammer 1:55 ,2:55 ,3: 55, mb:74.05
Bed of thorns: 5.33 per tick
Rhytidome Skin: 1.45% damage reduction (if my math is right)
Trait: projectile: 33 low attack: 55
I didn't add damage numbers because most of it isn't definitive (and in some cases could be affected by stats, as even without gear some characters have different defense values). I did note though for example the Hammer moves dealing the same damage or the thorns damage being similar to the petals healing.

About the damage reduction, you mean that it reduced damage by that amount or that it's the percentage of damage reduced from the original move? MKX damage reducers worked like the later (for example reducing incomming damage to 80% of original damage). I will take a look at that part.

Baconlord

I didn't add damage numbers because most of it isn't definitive (and in some cases could be affected by stats, as even without gear some characters have different defense values). I did note though for example the Hammer moves dealing the same damage or the thorns damage being similar to the petals healing.

About the damage reduction, you mean that it reduced damage by that amount or that it's the percentage of damage reduced from the original move? MKX damage reducers worked like the later (for example reducing incomming damage to 80% of original damage). I will take a look at that part.
I just compared the swamp thing string they did on her to what it's normal damage is and calculated the % difference. also I'm pretty sure the defensive stats is just the amount of health they have and that's why they don't do the % like before. I know the damage isn't final but I thought it would be neat to know.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
Nice breakdown, thanks! Looks like she won't be easy to play, it will take me some time to get used to performing command grab consistently as well as her 1212123 string, but she seems fun and I like the character so it won't stop me.
if any single input was doubled up and had to be hit fast (ie erron black's string in mkx) it'd be hard.

the fact that its 1212123 makes it a really easy input. you don't risk tight timings and hitting an input one too many times, since youre constantly moving to a different button. I think this string will be very easy to input.

Lokheit

Noob
I just compared the swamp thing string they did on her to what it's normal damage is and calculated the % difference. also I'm pretty sure the defensive stats is just the amount of health they have and that's why they don't do the % like before. I know the damage isn't final but I thought it would be neat to know.
What was the original damage and the reduced one? Rather than substracting based on how NRS reductions work, it's going to be a division (reduced damage/original damage) to know the percentage of damage taken.

Baconlord

What was the original damage and the reduced one? Rather than substracting based on how NRS reductions work, it's going to be a division (reduced damage/original damage) to know the percentage of damage taken.
no bark skin: 116.30 with bark skin: 80.65

Lokheit

Noob
no bark skin: 116.30 with bark skin: 80.65
That's 69.34% reduction of the original damage (considering final numbers tend to get some rounding and usually damage modifiers tend to be natural numbers I'd say it's a 70%).

Pretty powerful indeed: if you had it active during a whole fight it would be like having more than +42% extra life based on how much damage you could receive.

Thanks for pointing this out, I didn't stop to check (and I don't know why I didn't as I love extracting formulas from the game).

Adding this to the main post.

EDIT: In fact I'm going to check the damage increase of the gear version.

Baconlord

That's 69.34% reduction of the original damage (considering final numbers tend to get some rounding and usually damage modifiers tend to be natural numbers I'd say it's a 70%).

Pretty powerful indeed: if you had it active during a whole fight it would be like having more than +42% extra life based on how much damage you could receive.

Thanks for pointing this out, I didn't stop to check (and I don't know why I didn't as I love extracting formulas from the game).

Adding this to the main post.

EDIT: In fact I'm going to check the damage increase of the gear version.
Yeah I see where my math went wrong. Any idea what blood god damage reduction was for a comparison

Lokheit

Noob
@Baconlord I went through the video to check the fight and localized a couple of clean B3s by Swamp thing, with and without the buff on Poison Ivy. I say clean because hits in the middle of combos are affected by damage scaling so them being combo starters removes the damage scaling modifications.

The original B3 damage is 207.78 and the damage with the buff was 138.52

When you divide 138.52 by 207.78 you get a perfect 0.66666666period, or in other words, 2/3 which is exactly what UB Sub-Zero gets for a bar and only a bit worse than Kotal Kahn (who depends on it a lot more than Poison Ivy who has a ton of tools) so really good buff and I have to correct what I said earlier as it's even better and assuming you have it active all the time, it's like having 150% of your original lifebar.

I couldn't get a precise reference to calculate the damage buff of the gear version though.

EDIT: I also checked with clean J3s and the result is still 0.66 to confirm the experiment :D

Last edited: