What's new

Poison Ivy Combos, Bnbs, Setups and Resets.

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
The f3 after the Drill lift is giving me hell too. I think that is just rust from not playing a fighting game in a long time. With the f3 tho do we just hit Forward 3 then just hold the forward, oor hit hit Forward3 then hit forward again and hold. so would it be F3 hold direction or f3fhold

Edit: Starting to get the hang of it just gotta get used to it. I was inputting the F3 way too fast. I input it as vax said right round the time the 2nd one starts to lift them

Last edited:
The f3 after the Drill lift is giving me hell too. I think that is just rust from not playing a fighting game in a long time. With the f3 tho do we just hit Forward 3 then just hold the forward, oor hit hit Forward3 then hit forward again and hold. so would it be F3 hold direction or f3fhold

Edit: Starting to get the hang of it just gotta get used to it. I was inputting the F3 way too fast. I input it as vax said right round the time the 2nd one starts to lift them
Just hold forward when you do the F3. Other than that it's timing. It's tough but gets easier with a little lab time.

Wonder Woman: she struggles
Harley: she struggles
Catwoman: shes fine
Canary: shes fine
Atrocitus: she does well
Bane: she struggles
Adam: she struggles
Cheetah: she does well
Superman: she struggles
Scarecrow: she does extremely well
Joker: she does very well
Cyborg: she struggles

These are all the long sets ive had so far.
Agree with most of the list. I found joker to be an issue as well as robin. Her lack of AA seemed to be a huge issue. I feel as tho any of the cast the does a great amount of damage with a D1 cancel or a lot of damage out right gives her serious issues. Trying to sneak in a high every once in a while and get poked out in to damage is rough.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
What are you guys using for an a2a's?

Right now I have:

j2, 2, f212/3 depending on the setup.

You can also do 2, b2d2 MB Kiss into the ender of your choice. There's probably more optimal shit with her stance, but fuck that ball.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
What are you guys using for an a2a's?

Right now I have:

j2, 2, f212/3 depending on the setup.

You can also do 2, b2d2 MB Kiss into the ender of your choice. There's probably more optimal shit with her stance, but fuck that ball.
Same but I do f21 instead of 2

armani

Noob
God no. The slide is broke as hell
dammit lmao, a combo like [b123, b2d2~slide] would work and it would be so swaggy & remind me of killer frost!

Edit so I won't waste this post spewing garbage:

if you sacrifice damage to get a setup in the corner, qcb1~f1 will register as b1~kiss at the end of combos. I don't know why but I'm thankful for it. it's superrr lenient

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yikes....
Yea lol. KFs slide was 15f. Ivy's is 9f. KFs was one hit. Ivy's is 2.

That's pretty much it. Still -4. What makes hers better is the fact that is shreds armor, and she's a threat from anywhere on the screen because she can either slide or f3. She doesn't need a half screen mixup lol

Not gonna lie tho. It is fun having a projectile and the slide along with her drills and command grab. Reminds me a lot of KF

armani

Noob
I think Ivy's a pretty complete character, give precise execution but bruh.. that slide is wicked lol.
if she had the slide and the projectile in her baseline arsenal + the drills she would be borderline broken.

but there needs to be something done we need that slide!
why would they choose to have this gear shit anyways

Yea lol. KFs slide was 15f. Ivy's is 9f. KFs was one hit. Ivy's is 2.

That's pretty much it. Still -4. What makes hers better is the fact that is shreds armor, and she's a threat from anywhere on the screen because she can either slide or f3. She doesn't need a half screen mixup lol

Not gonna lie tho. It is fun having a projectile and the slide along with her drills and command grab. Reminds me a lot of KF
That sounds sooooooooo good. Add that with thorn skin for damage. Sis........

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Corner bnb's? I feel like mine are super-jenky

starter~db2 MB, f3, j2, 2, 121~kiss

121u3, 1212~kiss MB, f3, 1212~kiss

b123, 1212~kiss MB, f3, 1212~kiss

f3, j2, 2, 2, 1212~kiss

Sometimes when I have someone in the corner and I'm at a life loss, I end a combo in MB kiss and then get close and hit them with standing 2. It's +24 or something so I go for a mix-up between b12, f3, and grab. Not some godlike vortex but it's something extra to add to her toolkit.

Hey guys, long time lurker here posting for the first time. Just thought I'd like to drop a few setups I think will be useful to get both trait and rhytidome out safe both mid screen and in corner. As well as some combos I found that will increase her damage mid screen and some trait setups.

All combos require 1 bar and trait.

Midscreen

starter~dd1 2, b2d2~mb kiss, trait, 121213~dd1 2, dd2

starter~dd1 2, b2d2~mb kiss, trait, 213~dd2

starter~dd1 2, b2d2~mb kiss, trait, 121213~dd1 2, f dash, {b2d2 or s2}~dd2

starter~dd1 2, b2d2~mb kiss, trait, 121213~dd1 2, db2

starter~dd1 2, b2d2~mb kiss, trait, 121213~dd1 2, f dash, {b2d2 or s2}~d4

Corner

starter~dd1 2, 2(x3), 121213~mb kiss, trait, 121213, dd1 2, dd2

213, 2(x3), 121213~mb kiss, trait, 121213, dd1 2, dd2

Sorry for editing this post 3 times. Just wanted all my findings to be in one post.
Will post a video on this in future if needed.

Last edited: