What's new

Pocket character for Cheetah

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
As a guy who firmly believes Cheetah players should have a secondary character due to the strengths of some other characters, who have you all been selecting to offset her bad matchups?

I've been messing with Harley and Green Arrow, but who else have people been trying out?

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
Secondary? Eww...

Well I only play female characters, so far Cheetah is the only one I really like but as the game plays out knows. I finished the first game playing mostly the unorthodox characters (hawkgirl zatanna and Killer frost) and WW as she was my main at release.

I'm expecting to probably switch to Starfire but not because I think Cheetah struggles I actually think she's really good (mid tier tho) but I have been looking forward to Starfire like nothing else

leoj89

Noob
Idk I play DarkS, Aquaman and Cheetah. Cheetah used to be my main but I use DarkS most of the time now. I got tired of working so hard to get in and not feeling like the payoff was worth it.

edit: As I learn more I realized that you have to be a better and slightly smarter player to take advantage of all Cheetah's tools. When you're in the zone with that character she feels op.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Blue Beetle is a good compliment to her as he does pretty good against Batman, beats Atrocitus etc, but really if you want a secondary, just go for broke literally and use Aquaman, Batman, or someone else near the top.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I'm learning catwoman. Not gonna break her out anytime soon cuz I'm expecting nerfs but she has what cheetah lacks imo and vice versa. Two different ways to rushdown depending on the tools I need for the matchup.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
You should pocket Deadshot so we can all see you play vs another Cheetah and see how you handle a character with "piss poor neutral, and no advancing strings."

:DOGE

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
I've been fooling around with Ivy and Cyborg a bit as well. Cyborg is dope, I just suck with him.

You should pocket Deadshot so we can all see you play vs another Cheetah and see how you handle a character with "piss poor neutral, and no advancing strings."

:DOGE

Nothing I stated was a lie, Cheetah's neutral isn't very good, and Deadshot's is. Cheetah has no advancing strings (on the first attack), Deadshot does. Still no explanation on how Deadshot gets destroyed by Cheetah? I'm all ears, man. Show me that win button she has vs him.

Cyborg is my secondary, i love his pressure and setup potential. All his TA pressure and setups get some crazy chip and meter building with little timing/execution needed

Carl

Noob
Cyborg is my secondary, i love his pressure and setup potential. All his TA pressure and setups get some crazy chip and meter building with little timing/execution needed
I main cyborg too can you give me details on what pressure he has please?

I main cyborg too can you give me details on what pressure he has please?
He has alot of true block strings due to all of his mids. The Cyborg community is definitely the most helpful and positive community of tym imo. They are truly just grinding out all of his tech and sharing. Check the tym forum for Cyborg and they have loads of tech videos to show you what i mean

I've been fooling around with Ivy and Cyborg a bit as well. Cyborg is dope, I just suck with him.

Nothing I stated was a lie, Cheetah's neutral isn't very good, and Deadshot's is. Cheetah has no advancing strings (on the first attack), Deadshot does. Still no explanation on how Deadshot gets destroyed by Cheetah? I'm all ears, man. Show me that win button she has vs him.
100% true.