What's new

PNDK&M - The MK Meta

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
After almost a year, PND Ketchup is back with the next installment of his "The MK Meta" series. For part 2, he takes us through the meta of MK9, covering all of the ins and outs of the game from the basics to the bugs and everything in between.

Thought this was a cool video by Ketchup and Mustard, and wanted to share with you guys:

*Edited by HellblazerHawkman, promoted by somebody quicker

Last edited by a moderator:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Bwaha, just delete this and keep the proper article. :p
I just wanted to share the video with the rest of you. ^^

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Great video from K&M. MK9 was the first fighting game learned seriously and will always be my favorite fighting game.

I love that he talked about @STB Shujinkydink having to be the story mode quickly to use Quan in tournament.
I remember doing that at the very first MKX tournament I went to. I literally was sitting by myself for over an hour unlocking Shinnok. And we only got him on that setup so I had to play on that one only. I despise having to unlock characters in competitive fighters, lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The only thing missing in MK9 meta, was the Jailing system, which forced you to stay on the stance you blocked until frame advantage rans out, if you blocked standing, you would have block standing until a blockstring ends or a gap appears in during a block pressure.

And same would happen if you crouch blocked, this also infuenced MK9 a lot.

Other than that, was an amazing video and boy i travelled way down the memory lane with this one.

REO's MLG Dark Reign era.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
This was a great summary, forwarded it to one of my friends who was curious about mk9 but never played.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
That was a great video. I didn't start paying attention to MK until MKX. Cool history. Also, holy cow does MKX look way better (visually) than MK9.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Great video of a great game. I almost teared up at the end.

I'm hoping in the future they go a little more in depth on the tournament scene, talking about every tournament, new players, upsets on so on. I remember a video about IGAU that did just that and it was great.