What's new

Plus hard to blockable

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
A new (to me) use for an old setup. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this, but it's useful and there's a lot more stuff you can do than this from the basic setup of backdash 1, 2~amp df3. I had a whole video about it scrapped because the patch ruined the specific setup I was explaining.

Anyways, backdash 1, 2~amp df3 into d3~db1 has the puddle go off at the second bug and the last keeps coming. Just one option of many.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
What did the patch change that made your setup not work?
The setup was about making the bug orbit around, covering b34 and making it +12 to 20 depending on how it's blocked with just regular df3. There was a slight gap that people could get through, but would trade with the bug, except for 6f pokes, which punished b34. Now anyone with a 7f poke can punish it and keep me from getting a real follow up, and the change to the hit reaction of b34 means you can't do it meaty without knocking them out of the corner, so to put them back in you get poor oki. Whereas before I could loop it right back into more strep setups.

But there was also an OS where I could block for the shortest time humanly possible to block any attempts to get through the gap (d2's were the real threat here) and still jail 12.

It's a usable setup still, but it was very disheartening to lose all that stuff I worked to find right as I was finalizing the video for it.