What's new

Plot Remix Predictions

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So as we've all come to learn and see, they are being VERY overt about how things are going to be this run around;

Different.

Already we see Raiden mortal and seemingly taking the slot in the martial arts prodigy duo with Kung Lao. Kung Lao himself seems to be farming in the middle of nowhere instead of doing the Shaolin monk thing, and has no deadly hat. Mileena and Kitana seem to be on good enough terms to ride together in what appears to be a fruitful Edenia. Scorpion and Subzero are brothers(going by the narration) probably figuratively but potentially literally and wear matching uniforms. Shang Tsung looks like a fresh faced 20 year old and not a middle aged man or a 200 year old magical geezer. That and considering how he ran through the others effortlessly until he reached Lord Liu Kang I can only assume he must be absolutely full of souls. He also appears to be more up close and personal with his new claws. Johnny is a mystery currently.

This is what we know, and it gives us a decent launch pad to further speculate, so why don't we make some bold predictions and see who ends up being right or close?

For example: I predict Kano will actually be a special forces member and not a part of the black dragon, which may not even exist in this new world.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
If we get Cyrax and Sektor, I don’t think they’ll be cyborgs at all, even in story. I think they’ll straight up just be yellow and red ninjas with their classic move sets. Obviously DLC skins can change that

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I want to see Kano as the CEO of an electric car company, a rocketship company, just recently purchased a social media company, a philantropist, one of the richest men on earth, but keeps all his amazing scummy personality traits.

Great thread man.

It’s strange cuz they say old rivalries will change, but still show sub and scorp be buddies together, which they’ve been doing for awhile. Almost to the point of having matching pajamas, snow cones and a two seated bicycle. Standard bff stuff. Mileena and Kitana is new and interesting tho.

but to go off my gut instinct, which is often wrong, I’m gonna say there is some truth to a “dark” lui kang (similar to dark raiden) and Shang could be the anti hero to that. Which is shifty as they kinda just did that with aftermath.

buuuuuut as far as the actual big bad, it’s not gonna be Lui, shao, or shinnik, and Mr. Dragon king is sooooo due. So there’s that.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
  • Sonya and Kano are a couple.
  • The Subzero we see is Boring-Han.
  • Mileena is Queen of Edenia, Kitana is no.2.
I prefer Bi-Han but I get the feeling that if thats him he won't be the usual grim hardass I prefer and is probably a lot softer around the edges like his brother :^/

Great thread man.

It’s strange cuz they say old rivalries will change, but still show sub and scorp be buddies together, which they’ve been doing for awhile. Almost to the point of having matching pajamas, snow cones and a two seated bicycle. Standard bff stuff. Mileena and Kitana is new and interesting tho.

but to go off my gut instinct, which is often wrong, I’m gonna say there is some truth to a “dark” lui kang (similar to dark raiden) and Shang could be the anti hero to that. Which is shifty as they kinda just did that with aftermath.

buuuuuut as far as the actual big bad, it’s not gonna be Lui, shao, or shinnik, and Mr. Dragon king is sooooo due. So there’s that.
If that's Bi Han then it's a first

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Great thread man.

Nah, the narration makes it seem like Liu is now obsessed with ORDER, so I'm gonna throw my big guess Havik is gonna be set up as a big villain.

I don't think they'd reboot the universe just to immediately do corrupted Liu Kang again. I'm sure its coming, it always seems to go south for him at some point, but I'm not thinking this game is the time.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Fire God Liu Kang is the bad guy and Shang Tsung is the good guy, as Kang is trying to force "peace" on everyone and is in reality a dictator of Stalin proportions. No one in Kang's world is free to be anything but what Kang deems and he uses force to get compliance. So Tsung is a rebel fighting for freedom.... freedom to be good or bad... but freedom of choice.

Last edited:
I prefer Bi-Han but I get the feeling that if thats him he won't be the usual grim hardass I prefer and is probably a lot softer around the edges like his brother :^/
I'm just messing around,It's probably Kuai (The teapots are homage to their tea scene from mkx)
Bi Han as goodie SubZero and Kuai as Noob is an absurd and shallow concept. But we've seen so much in game stories, anything can be expected :)

Fire God Liu Kang is the bad guy and Shang Tsung is the good guy, as Kang is trying to force "peace" on everyone and is in reality a dictator of Stalin proportions. No one in Kang's world is free to be anything but what Kang deems and he uses force to get compliance. So Tsung is a rebel fighting for freedom.... freedom to be good or bad... but freedom of choice.
It makes sense. So all this set up for Liu to become the new Dark Raiden?

It doesn't. It's clear from the trailer that Liu Kang says "it's up to you how to live,but if you fuck with me you die". Shang Tsung,knowing him well, decided to kill Liu and take his powers like in the Aftermath
If that's the case, there might be more to it when he talks so much about "choice".
(This type of wording in game trailers implies gameplay choices)

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Its crazy to me that people are taking that stance from the trailer lmao. Liu literally says in the trailer "The choice is yours to live in peace and serenity or bloody strife."

Shang kills everyone in the trailer. Who the fuck is he fighting to liberate if everyone is just dead lmao. I think Liu is just being the protector that he always thought Earthrealm should have gotten. Instead of sitting on his knees begging for the Elder Gods to help like MK9 Raiden, he's going to protect them himself.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
The one I'm most curious about is Shao Kahn. One of the biggest names in all of Mortal Kombat. Does Liu still create him? Does he recognize his strength and appoint him to a more righteous role? If this is Liu's ideal world of peace then I doubt Outworld exists.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Its crazy to me that people are taking that stance from the trailer lmao. Liu literally says in the trailer "The choice is yours to live in peace and serenity or bloody strife."

Shang kills everyone in the trailer. Who the fuck is he fighting to liberate if everyone is just dead lmao. I think Liu is just being the protector that he always thought Earthrealm should have gotten. Instead of sitting on his knees begging for the Elder Gods to help like MK9 Raiden, he's going to protect them himself.
Well, I think they are pretty deliberately portraying the final scene as ominous. Everything from the music to Liu's tone of voice, to the sky darkening, and finally the brutal fatality.

Based on just this trailer, I would guess that we'll ultimately have to choose between some traditional Law and Chaos endings. Upholding Liu's (maybe strict) ideas of peace or fighting against him for total freedom. Or maybe I just play too much Megami Tensei.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Well, I think they are pretty deliberately portraying the final scene as ominous. Everything from the music to Liu's tone of voice, to the sky darkening, and finally the brutal fatality.

Based on just this trailer, I would guess that we'll ultimately have to choose between some traditional Law and Chaos endings. Upholding Liu's (maybe strict) ideas of peace or fighting against him for total freedom. Or maybe I just play too much Megami Tensei.
I've seen that take too, but I still don't follow it. Because I mean is Liu supposed to smiling with sunshine rainbows when he rips Shang in half?

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
Man I just hope Reptile is in the side of good this time around. Give him a happy ending for once dammit!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I've seen that take too, but I still don't follow it. Because I mean is Liu supposed to smiling with sunshine rainbows when he rips Shang in half?
I mean, if they wanted him to sound less ominous, they could have easily made him say something like, "to those that choose war, know that I will defend peace and the innocent with all my might and until my dying breath" instead of, "you wage war with a GOD!" or whatever.

We're all just speculating, so I'm just saying I thing it was purposefully a little ominous.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
My 2 cents is Kitana and Mileena are actually half-sisters this time around. Maybe Jerrod got busy behind Sindel's back and got a tarkatan lady pregnant, resulting in Mileena being born in a natural way. He then raises her alongside Kitana, of whom Mileena grows jealous of as the years pass by.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
That is a really weird detail. How is Mileena still a tarkatan? Like dude said above it would actually be cool if they were half sisters, but not because of some freak experiment. But because Tarkatans aren't seen as monsters anymore and Sindel just got her another dude. Making Mileena not a freak anymore, just a mixed girl