What's new

Please hire Mick Gordon.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I was thinking about this the other day, How other games and media have memorable music except us. anywhere you fucking go if you listen to Ryu's theme song or Ken's or Guile's you'll recognize it at once. Hell even Captain America, magneto, spider-man, ironman and morrigan themes i still remember them to this day even though i haven't played mvc in more than a decade. That's how good they are.

But it's not just those tracks that passed the test of time, Mortal Kombat original theme did too and it still SLAPS to this day. Why is it not being integrated into the games? idc if they fucking remixed it into dubstep or whatever like they did in the 2021 movie. It needs to be there and the characters need their own memorable original sound tracks too.

in the entire fucking game of mk11 the only track i found decent was Kotal's colosseum stage, in mkx i only remember the Jensei chambers music and that's it. Is it too much to ask to get some badass music that fits the concept of mortal kombat?

it's an intergalactic tournament that takes place every 1000 years to determine the fates of the realms, With the blessings of the elder gods the realm that loses gets merged into the winner's realm, When the undefeated emperor of outworld Shao Khan continues to win until earth is within his grasps, it's up to earth-realm's protector Lord Raiden to defend his realm with his selected team of earth's mightiest warriors, to fight their way and save their world............in MORTAL KOMBAT.

Can we get some music that fits that scenario please?

I really liked the music in mk3 and mk4. Mk2 wasn’t bad either. Dan Forden can do great stuff. I think he’s just being directed not to.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I really liked the music in mk3 and mk4. Mk2 wasn’t bad either. Dan Forden can do great stuff. I think he’s just being directed not to.
Well Dan Forden didn’t compose MK9 or MKX but he did compose 3 tracks for IGAU, 3 tracks for I2 & the Sea of Blood stage for MK11.

Before IGAU, the last MK he did the music for & wasn’t just the sound director or lead sound designer was Deadly Alliance which was almost 20 years ago.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
What about Buckethead? He did the music for a new DOOM (1993) episode made by John Romero for PC & Console called SIGIL & the soundtrack kicks major ass but it wouldn’t really fit Mortal Kombat.