What's new

please fix the launch height difference vs crouching opponents

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
maybe they meant for it to be that way? Idk. I guess it makes sense if your standing to get launched higher because the height of your body is taller then when ducking so you'll travel less distant after being launched from a crouch

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Yep I noticed too but never comsined as I thought it was intended

It happens to SDs SK in the corner

@1man3letters you noticed this with Ex rolling Rock too

I doubt they fix it at this point

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
This has even been in IGAU and (most likely) MK9. I highly doubt they will change this now.

However, it would be a nice change to have because regardless of the game, this small factor can kill you in an actual game.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I hate going for Frost Bomb due to this.

Another annoying Sub-Zero example is Clone hitting a d4 or Mileena Roll, etc. The first hit of 2,4,2 whiffs obviously but then they launch low on top of it. So only Slide converts as opposed to 1,2,3 or b1,2 or f4,2,Throw.

Annoying but I doubt it changes.

And I thought it was mainly my fault messing up online the b2, b2 combos in the corner. Thanks a lot lord Brady!

Last edited:

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
In mk9 and injustice something similar was happening with jump kick on a crouching opponent but I did not know that in mkx this happened with launcher moves, good stuff

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
It's about time this has been brought to people's attention. This is the only problem Hat Trick Lao has imo and I thought it was a problem exclusive to him. Now I know this affects the whole cast though I'm surprised it wasn't fixed sooner.

It's about time this has been brought to people's attention. This is the only problem Hat Trick Lao has imo and I thought it was a problem exclusive to him. Now I know this affects the whole cast though I'm surprised it wasn't fixed sooner.
The really bad thing is that the lower they are, the lower the launch. So if you hit them out of an attack that lowers their profile so its actually lower then crouching, some juggles that work even on crouching STILL wont work.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yep I noticed too but never comsined as I thought it was intended

It happens to SDs SK in the corner

@1man3letters you noticed this with Ex rolling Rock too

I doubt they fix it at this point
ye this was in mk9 (injustice aswell i think)
i always practice overhead starter combos with ai crouching out of habit haha

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Hope this is fixed in Injustice 2 I know the pain of those b2 combos on females, it's shit. Honestly don't think this will be addressed with whatever patching MKX has next.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang has been persistent in bringing this to people's attention
when talking about hat trick since the beginning of time.

I doubt they're going to fix it now.
I'm just the minority, it doesn't matter what i speak, my opinion holds not value because i don't compete in US, besides who actually tries to understand when i'm speaking english? I sound like an Asian. If @Tom Brady or @REO doesn't bring stuffs like these to people attention, everyone will remain ignorant about it, some even where courageous enough to say this is fine.

This is not fine

This is not fine

This is not fine. Why is even inconsistent and hard to cancel ex Tele from a normal when airbone anyway?

Again, This is not fine

"Oh no Eddy, you suck, on your kness, blablablah, you can easily adjust the gravity by using spin or d1~spin, blahblahblah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah."

Just imagine, how fast this happens, you don't have time to identify if they got hit standing or crouching, either way you will miss your juggle because its random.

At least Sub-Zero still can hit if someone is crouching, hat trick doesn't get the same privilege, if someone is crouching he can't launch.

Low HCB already launches low enough to connect as a 1f link, if they're crouching or low profilling, they hardly leave the ground.

I'm Glad has finally brought this into NRS attention, thank you, Praise Lord Brady.

Last edited: