What's new

Match Footage - Kitana Please, Critique/Assist My Kitana

SeasonedGeisha

Make Harley Consistent 2k18
Please, I really want to improve with Kitana. My main at the moment is Royal Storm, I will switch to Assassin If her buff stays throughout the main patch. Anyway, I have some match footage of me in the beta, using Royal Storm against a Raiden, then Assassin against Jax. I really want to get better, so please tell me what I should do differently, and what I need to work on. Thanks.

P.S- Sorry for making this a Fourm, I didn't know else where to put this. Sorry, but this could also be a source for other Kitana's gameplay to be criticized. Remember, please be constructive, not rude

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
  • d+1 is your best friend, harrass with that if they're pushing too many buttons
  • It doesn't hurt to try float "mixups"
  • b+3 is your friend, don't be afraid of the b+3
  • end corner combos in booty for a hard knockdown or b+2 is pretty good also
  • if you have sharpen always end in run, way more damage and a hard knockdown
  • Sometimes going into a string and then doing parry is really good also
well, that's really it

SeasonedGeisha

• d+1 is your best friend, harrass with that if they're pushing too many buttons
  • It doesn't hurt to try float "mixups"
  • b+3 is your friend, don't be afraid of the b+3
  • end corner combos in booty for a hard knockdown or b+2 is pretty good also
  • if you have sharpen always end in run, way more damage and a hard knockdown
  • Sometimes going into a string and then doing parry is really good also
well, that's really it
Thanks! So do you think I have any core problems? Like jumping to much, or something along those lines? I'll try to incorporate some of your tips into my gameplay, by the way, I really like your avatar my main is Lili in Tekken too.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Idk I could critque you're Kitana if we played tbh i mean they call me the catana slayer after all you know

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Thanks! So do you think I have any core problems? Like jumping to much, or something along those lines? I'll try to incorporate some of your tips into my gameplay, by the way, I really like your avatar my main is Lili in Tekken too.
From the video it looks like you have some issues with tk fan, kitana also has the best backdash in the game and it's worth the stamina to use it. Grab more, especially after 2,1 or b+1,4.

SeasonedGeisha

NRN but how about tomorrow. P.S. you are really solid i might not be able to coach you lol. Probably will play liu.
yeah, I'd say I'm pretty solid. I have mained her since MK9, and I play a lot of fighting games, so it really hard for me to get to "tournament level" but, I am pretty Okay, average at least. But just HMU tommorrow whenever you're on!

gam224

The world's least hype player
yeah, I'd say I'm pretty solid. I have mained her since MK9, and I play a lot of fighting games, so it really hard for me to get to "tournament level" but, I am pretty Okay, average at least. But just HMU tommorrow whenever you're on!
alright upon further inspection I have noticed a few flaws. #1 When raiden does his back 2 punish with f112. This is the best way to punish him for the move. #2 raidens always go to back 2 when they have you in the corner especially when they need to make a come back. Keep this in mind because a couple of overhead combos as far as raiden is concerned is huge. #3 What @exflyingbooty said d1 is your best friend. Raiden lacks good mids take advantage of this. #4 you can float into NJP after lift. This is useful for a little bit more meter. You can also Instant air float after throat slice for extra meter and a bit of OKI for fan. #5 make sure you punish dropped FBRC with 111 for a full combo. It's consistent.

On the positive side your full screen zoning is good, your pressure is much better than my own, and your conversions/ combos are top notch.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Just invite me whenever, my PSN is BeyondDesolated
as far as tips, it's hard to measure what you need to work on because i don't think you knew the predator mu and old netcode is garbage. that said

i think you're in a good spot with kitana where tech isn't what you need to improve on necessarily. you don't need more float mixups, a new setup or anything like that. I think you should work on improving fundamentally (antiairs/whiff punishing/ less armor/less jump in) and learning more mus while playing more experienced players.

Most importantly, get a beta code because man that was super tough times and I'd love to play you in an offline-ish environment because there it's easier to understand what you're true weaknesses and strengths are.

you're good ggs

SeasonedGeisha

as far as tips, it's hard to measure what you need to work on because i don't think you knew the predator mu and old netcode is garbage. that said

i think you're in a good spot with kitana where tech isn't what you need to improve on necessarily. you don't need more float mixups, a new setup or anything like that. I think you should work on improving fundamentally (antiairs/whiff punishing/ less armor/less jump in) and learning more mus while playing more experienced players.

Most importantly, get a beta code because man that was super tough times and I'd love to play you in an offline-ish environment because there it's easier to understand what you're true weaknesses and strengths are.

you're good ggs
Thank you! I really tried, lol. I really didn't know the predator MU, or The Erron Black, mostly because I have been learning strengths and weaknesses, based on the top 5 characters. But yeah I do have the beta and the connection is way better on their, I think it may my connection + the old net code is really bad. Lol. But thanks anyway, you're amazing; when you punished my whiffed F112 I was in shock, no-one has ever done that to me, they respect the range, but you knew the weakness and the MU, I'd like to play again! Gg

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Thank you! I really tried, lol. I really didn't know the predator MU, or The Erron Black, mostly because I have been learning strengths and weaknesses, based on the top 5 characters. But yeah I do have the beta and the connection is way better on their, I think it may my connection + the old net code is really bad. Lol. But thanks anyway, you're amazing; when you punished my whiffed F112 I was in shock, no-one has ever done that to me, they respect the range, but you knew the weakness and the MU, I'd like to play again! Gg
Thanks anytime

The others above have touched on some of the things you did in those matches already in punishing raise a b2 and using d1 on characters that have to take it.

Always but always capitalize on combo opportunities. There were a lot of dropped combos. Against good players, that's a huge problem.

Speaking of drops, You have to continue to work on the IAFs. You dropped a lot of those inputs.

Jax got off easy with those blocked overhead dash punches. Take your time and do max damage with either f1 or b1 combos.

Overall you did have some good stuff. Just keep those things in mind and you'll be alright