What's new

PlayStation 5 Showcase

Shouldn't be more than 400 right? The digital version.
We'll find out. My guess is around $499 for the PlayStation 5, and 449 for the PlayStation 5 All Digital.

The specs are similar enough to the Xbox Series X where prices should be comparable.

However, it's always possible Sony will be willing to take more of a hit and lower the price to better compete with the price point of the Xbox Series S.

Yes, I personally think the console is extremely ugly. It looks like something Fischer-Price would have designed, and not a high end electronic device I'd find in an adult entertainment centre.

However, the actual product is likely going to be great. We'll find out soon enough.

Pricing wise, looks like I was spot on for the main console: $499 just like the Xbox Series X. The PlayStation 5 All Digital Edition is $50 cheaper than I expected at $399.

November 12th release date (I had speculated Tues. Nov. 13th).

Demon's Souls looks fantastic. I didn't think I could be any more pumped for that game, but here we are.

Hate the "you died" text font, however.

Sounds like it’s free with PS+
Reading a summary on Kotaku now. PlayStation Plus: Collection. Details are scarce though. Did they talk about backwards compatibility in the Showcase at all? If not, this may be a combination of that plus somewhat of a Games Pass rival.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Reading a summary on Kotaku now. PlayStation Plus: Collection. Details are scarce though. Did they talk about backwards compatibility in the Showcase at all? If not, this may be a combination of that plus somewhat of a Games Pass rival.
Nah, no talk of that yet. They made it sound like these are free to download day one as long as you’re a member of PS+. I imagine more will be added in the future, but we’ll see.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Spider-Man is ultra nut, God of War should be good too, hopefully they chill tf out with the awfully scaled rpg shit and terrible camera angle. Don't want Kratos' dome taking up half the screen this time lmao

I wonder if MKX will be the XL version. I already own MKX and the first Kombat pass but I never did get the XL upgrade. It would be nice getting to mess around with that game again since MK11 is dead to me.

not rly impressed, all the games shown couldve been done on PS4 without any trouble.
most of the trailers were about the same sony has shown on their last event.
expected to see at least one next gen fighting game oh well

not rly impressed, all the games shown couldve been done on PS4 without any trouble.
most of the trailers were about the same sony has shown on their last event.
expected to see at least one next gen fighting game oh well
Personally, I think both the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series has a weak launch line up. I personally see very little reason to get either console right away.

I'm surprised at how big the PlayStation 5 is. I thought the Xbox Series X was large with it's tower shape, but the PlayStation 5 beats it out overall:

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Demon's Souls looks fantastic. I didn't think I could be any more pumped for that game, but here we are.

Hate the "you died" text font, however.
Although Demon's Souls is a console-seller to me, I wasn't too impressed with the gameplay I saw. I got some Dark Souls 2 vibes from how weightless the attacks seemed. Anyway, I'm super excited to finally be able to do some Old Monk boss battles again. I really can't wait.

D

Deleted member 59910

God of War teaser is the main reason I’m buying it.