What's new

Question Playing with Deathstroke Online (Need Help)

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
So I just picked up Deathstroke a few days ago. The Guide Karaoke made was a great teacher. I can do all of his combo with ease offline, though I'm still getting used to the JI1 132 Cross up. Any way today I fought a set with Someone from TYM Slay4 something and though I won some matches with Zoning I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't pull off one combo online. It was a little laggy, but even so It just feels like Deathstroke BNB combos are not safe/worth doing online. So my question is... What combos are practical for online play?
Against the cpu I like to do JI2, 132, JI2, 323, F23, Sword Flip with is 37% You could even do Ex fast guns instead of Sword FLip for 40%, but online it just doesn't work. I don't want to have to Zone someone online the whole time. I'd rather play more rush down DS. Any tips?

His combos just don't work in lag at all.
I was in online practice with someone and we both couldn't do em
Also what is ur furry animal persona?

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
You could try the flying ninja vortex bnb = change your bnbs to 123 ender combos. Only play DS offline and yes the timing is strict.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
You could try the flying ninja vortex bnb = change your bnbs to 123 ender combos. Only play DS offline and yes the timing is strict.
Yeah I find that this works all the time, but I can't for the life of me pull off the 132 afterwards lol. I can see why people choose to zone with him online now. It's hard to play upclose with him offline. Even if I catch a person with the b1Uf2 It's still hard to connect the 323, and even hard to connect the F23 after that.

I have a newfound respect for DS players.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Online, I personally end with 3,2, machine gun for damage. It does slightly less damage than ending with 3,2,3 > 2,3 > Sword Flip, but is easier/more consistently viable execution wise I found.

3,2,3,1 - air gun shots I use for space reset (and so I can piss the opponent off with repeated gun shots from full screen). It doesn't do much damage though, but execution wise it is really easy!

If I'm low on meter or bored with shitty damage off of gun shots, 1,2,3 > ninja vortex ad nauseum.

I love rushing down with DS!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
The lower you land 323, the easier F23 is to land.

After B1U2 in lag, I do 1, 323, F23 xx Sword Flip

If you need an emergency fullproof link into sword flip, do D1 xx Sword Flip as an ender.

You can run a vortex/pressure DS online. Use F3 to start a pressure string of F3 > F23 > 32 xx Sword Spin. If they get hit by F23, you can xx Spin for more damage. If they get hit by 323, you can do 12 xx Machine Gun or F23 xx Flip. Try out the Flying Ninja and CoD vortexes often too.

His combos are still worth attempting online though.

It took me quite long tbh until I figured out the timing for his combos online.
Most of his combos are practical and worth to do online.
It's still not too easy though.
DS is not a character you just can pick up and be good with him from 1 day to another. It takes quite a while to get actually decent with DS, so take your time, hit the training room, practice combos and play sets vs strong players.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
idk man, maybe I've been playing too much online but aside from combos that have f3 or b3 i can get all of his combos as long as the connection isnt Bane tier.

Just takes a while to get used to the whole "online delay", once you have a proper feel for it you should be good to go.

webreg

Noob
3,2,mg and 3,2,3,1,ag should be used online (if you want to buy pressure for damage you can use sword spin to end your combo). You can't mess this up and it does only a few % less than his offline bnb. If you miss his offline bnb even once online you set yourself back so badly that it really isn't worth it to even try. But that's just me. I'd rather have something I can rely on 100% of the time and use my training time to improve my punishing/guessing/reaction game instead of improving my execution. Hitting a combo 9 out of 10 times isn't good enough.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
One problem with ending with MG or AG is not only are you losing damage, but the hard knockdown afterwards. Flip is one of the best combo enders in the game.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Grr, I now see what you mean lol! Im trying to pick him up but I find doing some combos online hard to do too, so I just try going for short combos into that flying ninja vortex