What's new

Video/Tutorial PLAYING TO W1N's Tutorial Video with Sinestro

Was this useful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Something as big as this needs to be laid out so people aren't looking for a section for ages. Good job though.

JrK

Probably Drunk
I watched your game play video in the footage thread, and will watch this one asap too. Your big yellow side ground is a huge turn off, and highly annoying.

That being said I like your style and I'm excited to watch this. Thanks for taking the time to make it.

I watched your game play video in the footage thread, and will watch this one asap too. Your big yellow side ground is a huge turn off, and highly annoying.

That being said I like your style and I'm excited to watch this. Thanks for taking the time to make it.
Ahhh my bad. Any suggestions???

JrK

Probably Drunk
Wow great video though. Very informative. I wish more people would take the initiative like this. It would help the game and the community so much. Mad props.

this just improved my sinestro 10x thanks so much great job explaining the resets and cross ups in an easy fashion to understand

Re: first 5 minutes

I get the feeling your jump-hit-stun tech doesn't work. IGAU has "anti-linking" when trying to combo most normal attacks into normal attacks (this doesn't apply to the hits in the listed combo strings in the move list). Even if, for example, normal attack F1 gave you +20 on hit, if it left the opponent standing and you followed it up with a 10-frame a starter move, the opponent would be able to block this follow-up move even though they're still in hit stun.

Jump attacks are a special case. When the jump attack hits (not using jump-3 here as it's a universal juggle/knockdown type of move), there is a small window where follow-up moves will actually link and all of the hits (including the initial jump attack) will count towards the combo. If you hit them outside of this window like you do in the video, the jump attack won't count towards the combo AND the opponent can block the follow-up normals, even though they're in hit stun.

If you want to test this, do your standing j2 and the moment it hits immediately pause and set the AI to always block. Unpause, leave the slight delay and then follow-up with a hit and it will always be blocked even though they are still in hit-stun.

The only time I can see this working is if jump 2 is followed by an unblockable move. You'll get the full damage from jump-2 and won't have to worry about the opponent blocking the follow-up (because it's unblockable), and if there's enough of a gap then the jump 2 won't link to the unblockable follow-up.

Apologies if this is covered later in the video, but it's 1:40am and I really should get some sleep :)

they don't link bro! these are real resets!

ROEBOTRON

"Only One Truth Prevails"
Very nice breakdown bro. You got it down to a science, this is definitely an EYE OPENER to those that don't know much about his vortex. (such as myself)

Sami

Noob
they don't link bro! these are real resets!
I have just tested it in training mode and you can block the follow-up combo. After ground shackles (or whatever they're called) into jump 2, that 10-hit combo ends. The follow-up combo can be blocked, even though you appear to be in hitstun.

With a bit of extra testing I think I've worked out exactly how the game handles linking to j1 and j2 as well:

If the follow-up move to j1/j2 is input a) after j1/j2 hits and b) before you hit the ground, the game will link them together. If you input the follow-up move once you're in the ground, the game will not link them and thus WILL allow the opponent to block it.​

An even easier way of testing this is to set the AI block mode to "auto". Put the opponent in the corner, and do j2 followed by a delayed 2. The j2 will hit, the delayed 2 will be blocked. I've also just tried it with shackles into j2 and the same thing still happens (j2 will hit if done early enough, follow-up move will be blocked).​

Please, try this in training mode with the block options :)

edit: this also explains why there's no input buffer on jump 3 - the game doesn't need to do anything funky to make it link to follow-up moves as jump 3 takes you off the ground enabling any follow-up move to continue the combo (assuming it hits of course).

ors0

Noob
Thanks for posting this video!

Sami, he never said the resets were unblockable. It's a 50/50 where you have to make your opponent guess to block the cross up or the 'fake' cross up. The video states that this is safe pressure and can lead to around 20% each time your opponent guesses wrong on blocking.

Sami

Noob
Thanks for posting this video!

Sami, he never said the resets were unblockable. It's a 50/50 where you have to make your opponent guess to block the cross up or the 'fake' cross up. The video states that this is safe pressure and can lead to around 20% each time your opponent guesses wrong on blocking.
Yes I am a fucking retard and have rewatched it after sleep :)

I have just tested it in training mode and you can block the follow-up combo. After ground shackles (or whatever they're called) into jump 2, that 10-hit combo ends. The follow-up combo can be blocked, even though you appear to be in hitstun.

Please, try this in training mode with the block options :)).
Please, learn your FG terminology before making silly comments like this. Resets are NOT supposed to be inescapable or guaranteed damage. The only thing that is guaranteed is the 50/50. Of course the follow up mixup can be blocked. Just like you can block Killer Frost and Scorpion's vortexes if you guess right. That doesn't make it any less or a reset.

Cyrax's bomb traps and Smoke's OTG resets were glitches that were left in the game because "lol why not, they're not winning majors anyway". They were not true resets because true resets are supposed to be blockable.

Man so tired of these noobs trying to redefine terms that have been around for 20+ years. Only on MK sites do I see this much confusion about fighting game basics.

chores

bad at things
Please, learn your FG terminology before making silly comments like this. Resets are NOT supposed to be inescapable or guaranteed damage. The only thing that is guaranteed is the 50/50. Of course the follow up mixup can be blocked. Just like you can block Killer Frost and Scorpion's vortexes if you guess right. That doesn't make it any less or a reset.

Cyrax's bomb traps and Smoke's OTG resets were glitches that were left in the game because "lol why not, they're not winning majors anyway". They were not true resets because true resets are supposed to be blockable.

Man so tired of these noobs trying to redefine terms that have been around for 20+ years. Only on MK sites do I see this much confusion about fighting game basics.
bro maybe you didnt hear but fighting game terms got reset

Sami

Noob

Hmmm, I'm confused. From what I remember I made a post about 30 minutes before you quoting a reply pointing out the error of my thinking, and my response was something along the lines of "I am a fucking retard". What could've happened to that post? Oh wait, it's right there. Above your reply. Which you ignored.

Apparently your reading comprehension skills are right up there with my 1:30am tech comprehension skills ;). To help you and anyone else I've spoiled my retardation.

edit: in before somebody points out my spelling and grammar skills

Status
Not open for further replies.