What's new

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG) Early Access Battle Royale

myri

Time Warrior
So I dunno, figured I'd throw a thread up on here about this game. It just came out on Steam early access a few days ago and has already blown up in a huge way. I picked it up and played a few games solo and some with a group and it's pretty fun, especially with a group. It's horribly optimised at the moment though, most people have to run it with everything on low just to get a steady framerate. Check it out here if you're interested.

Basically how it works is that you and ninety nine other players are dropped in an 8x8km map and have to gather weapons and supplies to fight each other with so that you or your team depending on whether you go it alone or with others, are the last ones standing. Guns and ammo are plentiful and easy to find so there's not much of a struggle to just jump right in and get started. There are also a few different vehicles available for moving around faster, which is important for one very specific reason. Every so often the active play area on the map will start shrinking and players will eventually be funnelled towards the centre of the map for the final few kills until someone wins. If you are caught in the zone outside the safe area you will slowly be killed, so you still have a bit of time to make it back into the current safe area and that about covers the basics.

So yeah, I guess this is the place to talk about this game if anyone else here is playing it, if not then oh well.

Also here is a PC Gamer Article about getting started with the game, it covers some good basics.

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I watched Grimmmz play it on his channel almost every night. The game looks really fun. I actually think it looks more enjoyable then H1Z1 and Arma. Only issue is I don't own PC though. I know the developers said they would eventually like to port this to console. Only until the game is finish on PC. So that would be awhile.

myri

Time Warrior
I watched Grimmmz play it on his channel almost every night. The game looks really fun. I actually think it looks more enjoyable then H1Z1 and Arma. Only issue is I don't own PC though. I know the developers said they would eventually like to port this to console. Only until the game is finish on PC. So that would be awhile.
The movement and engine feel very much like ArmA, the controls can be a little sluggish at times, at least in my opinion, but everything that you need to work does work.