What's new

Video/Tutorial - Warlock Play Warlock for the armor they said

E

Eldriken

Give him armor in portal scoop again, but make Quan Chi not being able to combo from it. Make him launch for combo if he spends one more bar of meter. There... problem solved. Do the same Jax Ex dash fist, and Lackey Ex Toryuken.
They should do this shit for everyone who lost their launching armor. Why some characters can launch with armor at the cost of two bars while others can't is bollocks.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
They should do this shit for everyone who lost their launching armor. Why some characters can launch with armor at the cost of two bars while others can't is bollocks.
the fact that NRS thinks universally removing a mechanic from the game results in glorious balance is bollocks. Seriously, some characters, it would have been just fine if you kept their armored launchers (EVEN FOR ONE BAR) but ya know, just constant complaints about it means get rid of it on everyone...even if it does kill Lackey outright.

E

Eldriken

the fact that NRS thinks universally removing a mechanic from the game results in glorious balance is bollocks. Seriously, some characters, it would have been just fine if you kept their armored launchers (EVEN FOR ONE BAR) but ya know, just constant complaints about it means get rid of it on everyone...even if it does kill Lackey outright.
I think it was a knee-jerk solution. Double the resource cost to launch with armor. Bam.

Take War God for example. EX db1 could have armor but it only makes the animation you would get if you used regular db1. Then, if you burned a second bar, it would launch.

Lokheit

Noob
Tracking moves like this (in this case making a whole variation trash) need to be changed as many of them fail bad.

I think changing the "start up" speed to be a bit longer but making the impact instant (hit the same frame the target position is designated, even with extended invisible hitboxes just in case) would make all of them fine. The speed would be the same by delaying the startup and they won't need to rewritte a lot of their tracking code as the fix would be to make the impact happen instantly.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Removing 1 bar armoured launchers from every variation was a bad idea. This was pretty much the only realson you would pick Warlock as the other two variation have shitty armour. I think certain characters should have been allowed to keep it.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If this armor worked better, i would be fine with losing launching Scoop.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Removing 1 bar armoured launchers from every variation was a bad idea. This was pretty much the only realson you would pick Warlock as the other two variation have shitty armour. I think certain characters should have been allowed to keep it.
They could add more damage scaling to Warlock's ex scoop and keep its armor for example. PU Jax has a 2 hit "oh it doesn't launch" armor that does 22-24% unbreakable damage, meanwhile pre patch Tanya's armored low drill leads to a 20% combo no matter how hard you try

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Despite it being buns, isn't Ex Stab technically a one bar armored launcher if you're close enough? Or did they remove the hit advantage that made it comboable?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Ya know if they just improved the tracking and made the active frames on the armor better there wouldn't be a problem. He'd do what he's meant to do and wouldn't be trash tier but ya know...yea

omooba

fear the moobs
honestly i don't think there's a single variation in this game who's purpose was strictly armor and isn't damn near useless. and least warlock has the f3 so he's not just dead... rip bojutsu

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
honestly i don't think there's a single variation in this game who's purpose was strictly armor and isn't damn near useless. and least warlock has the f3 so he's not just dead... rip bojutsu
Speaking of which, you Bojutsu mains have a serious problem. I noticed that I could prevent the X-Ray with the poke. I did D4 against a friend who mains Bojutsu (used to main Royal Kitana) and to my surprise it stopped the X-Ray and I won.

This game has a lot of problems that NRS needs to fix first.