What's new

Play DOOM Eternal

I'm here on the base ps4 lol. Going to buy ps5 and after I get my degree and can start making big boy money im gonna need your guys help making a badass PC.
Ask us anytime :D. Luckily the new Ampere cards aren't as expensive as everyone thought them to be. I would save 1500-2000 USD for a really solid setup (Not counting monitors & peripherals). AMD is just owning Intel on the CPU side but they have to catch up with Nvidia on GPUs on the high-end side. An AMD CPU + Nvidia video card combo is killer this days. EDIT: I think I should have asked... Which is your target resolution/framerate to play on? Could be 1080p/60fps, 1080p/144fps, 2k/60fps, 2k/144fps, 4k/60fps or 4k/144 fps (Which we could be scratching the surface with the 3000 RTX series)

Nah that would include me dropping another 1k for a monitor wouldnt be worth with a 1440p 144hz. If it was $900 though I would bite for sure.
...And another PSU and GPU bracket to support that massive thing.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Ask us anytime :D. Luckily the new Ampere cards aren't as expensive as everyone thought them to be. I would save 1500-2000 USD for a really solid setup (Not counting monitors & peripherals). AMD is just owning Intel on the CPU side but they have to catch up with Nvidia on GPUs on the high-end side. An AMD CPU + Nvidia video card combo is killer this days.

I had a evga 650 that I had to RMA and they sent me back a 850, I was stoked. I am gonna try hard as fuck to get a founders edition, would love to get a aib but I dont want to wait.

I had a evga 650 that I had to RMA and they sent me back a 850, I was stoked. I am gonna try hard as fuck to get a founders edition, would love to get a aib but I dont want to wait.
How's EVGA's customer service? I hear a lot of good stories about them.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
was really good actually just had to wait for the RMA but I was more annoyed the psu failed in the first place.

Ask us anytime :D. Luckily the new Ampere cards aren't as expensive as everyone thought them to be. I would save 1500-2000 USD for a really solid setup (Not counting monitors & peripherals). AMD is just owning Intel on the CPU side but they have to catch up with Nvidia on GPUs on the high-end side. An AMD CPU + Nvidia video card combo is killer this days. EDIT: I think I should have asked... Which is your target resolution/framerate to play on? Could be 1080p/60fps, 1080p/144fps, 2k/60fps, 2k/144fps, 4k/60fps or 4k/144 fps (Which we could be scratching the surface with the 3000 RTX series)

At the end of the day, it's up to the consumer of course whether they go AMD over Intel and/or nVidia, but I have a relative who works as a QA Manager for AMD, and he will not recommend their products, and his own personal PC has Intel/nVidia components.

One thing I'll admit is that Nvidia is ahead of AMD in terms of drivers. People always say problems regarding AMD drivers and Nvidia is always on point with those.

Popegina

Hymen Holocaust
I played Ancient Gods for about 45 minutes last night and it was just as good as I expected. IMO this game is more fun on easier difficulties. It just feels good to play as an overpowered Doomslayer/Doomguy/whatever.

Not sure if it's been mentioned ITT, a lot to catch up on, but Doom Eternal is on Xbox Gamepass right now (thanks to MS acquiring Bethesda I guess).
Now that it's a Microsoft-first party title, and Microsoft has promised to enhance all first party games for Xbox Series X, it'll be interesting to see what they do with the game there, and how close they get it to PC parity.

The possessed Pain Elemental and possessed Dread Knight on the final boss fight were the most infuriating duo ever. :mad::mad::mad:

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
i just finished the first 2 chapters of the ancient gods. this is a challenge for sure on nightmare. i'm gonna have to level up a bit cuz this is way more demanding than the original game.

To necro this old thread, I thought this Digital Foundry port of the Nintendo Switch port is most impressive:

That the game can actually play well on the Switch is a feat of technical accomplishment to be sure.

I still have yet to play the game in general, but plan to via Xbox Game Pass soon.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
To necro this old thread, I thought this Digital Foundry port of the Nintendo Switch port is most impressive:

That the game can actually play well on the Switch is a feat of technical accomplishment to be sure.

I still have yet to play the game in general, but plan to via Xbox Game Pass soon.
While def impressive, I wish Nintendo would stop putting out 10 year old ports of games I already played while charging full price and just make new fucking games.