What's new

Play DOOM Eternal

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Could be. What I would want atm is the new single-player DLC and a kind of endless horde mode. Doom Eternal's gameplay screams for a horde mode IMO.
I want a co op mode like Halo's firefight. Lots of modifiers, multiple stages, its begging for it. Bioshock Infinite's challenge maps were a lot of fun for me, fast movement and vertically just does it for me in FPS, and this would be even better.

I want a co op mode like Halo's firefight. Lots of modifiers, multiple stages, its begging for it. Bioshock Infinite's challenge maps were a lot of fun for me, fast movement and vertically just does it for me in FPS, and this would be even better.
That would be nice. I'm thinking about the horde mode being coop too and make the waves harder and harder over time.

He can be cheesed but I think he still serves his purpose because 90% of players won't know about this exploit. Guarnteed in the next Doom the Marauder will have something like temporary invulnerability after he is shot once for a few seconds.
Hugo and the team have stated that they love the fact people have figured out this strat to killing him, so I doubt it.

aj1701

Noob
Most issues with anything are valid since it's so subjective.

As for the horror thing, sure it wouldn't be like the Slayer is scared, but if the player is, that ruins the illusion of being the Slayer.
Well sure, no one's right here, we're just discussing our opinions. :) I don't see myself as the slayer when I play, I guess that's why I liked d3, and also didn't mind some of the cinematics added in this one.

Only 10 more days and we'll get to see what the expansion is like. Doomslayer turns to godslayer (i guess).

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
THOSE F U C K I N G ARCHVILES

DLC looks badass guys, I like the new locations and I really can't wait for some new DOOM. Easily my GOTY, the best combat ever in any game I've ever played.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

October 20th is too long but will be a fun belated birthday gift to myself. The double marauders, the red tough looking maykr, and the summoner are gonna be awesome!

Also wanna say that ARC complex master level is the best way to blow off steam ever in a game, still probably my favorite stage in terms of the pacing, sometimes linear is good.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
DOOM Hunter base is really growing on me, really fun encounters, going through on a save that you don't have all your weapons/upgrades yet really helps with the intensity of the arenas and challenge regarding the enemy selection. The fight down in the snow with the two DOOM Hunters is sick. Really appreciating this game more and more each time I play it. Taras Nabad with the water bullshit is easily my least favorite stage though.

DOOM Hunter base is really growing on me, really fun encounters, going through on a save that you don't have all your weapons/upgrades yet really helps with the intensity of the arenas and challenge regarding the enemy selection. The fight down in the snow with the two DOOM Hunters is sick. Really appreciating this game more and more each time I play it. Taras Nabad with the water bullshit is easily my least favorite stage though.
The last level and Nekravol are really my favorite levels. Urdak and cultist base are my only obstacles for beating this game in UN.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The last level and Nekravol are really my favorite levels. Urdak and cultist base are my only obstacles for beating this game in UN.
Urdak with all those tight spaces man ffs. And I agree with cutlist for NM and UNM difficulties, it's the first one to throw so damn much at you while you as the slayer still don't have a lot of your shit yet. The last level is awesome too, Nekravol part 1 I like better than 2 but both are still a blast.

When you start cultist you only got the regular shotgun (aka sticky bomb launcher lets be real), heavy cannon, plasma rifle, and I can't remember if you get rocket launcher on exultia or cultist, but I almost swear it's cultist. Of course those 3 guns are badass as are all of them, but a pretty limited arsenal in the scope of the whole game.

Urdak with all those tight spaces man ffs. And I agree with cutlist for NM and UNM difficulties, it's the first one to throw so damn much at you while you as the slayer still don't have a lot of your shit yet. The last level is awesome too, Nekravol part 1 I like better than 2 but both are still a blast.

When you start cultist you only got the regular shotgun (aka sticky bomb launcher lets be real), heavy cannon, plasma rifle, and I can't remember if you get rocket launcher on exultia or cultist, but I almost swear it's cultist. Of course those 3 guns are badass as are all of them, but a pretty limited arsenal in the scope of the whole game.
It sucks that you get thrown a lot of enemies without your full arsenal. It's like I get mentally blocked because of not having all of my weapons.

Nekravol will always be one of the most fun levels of DE.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Every single one of you that enjoy FPS need to play this game right now. Good single player FPS are so rare now, especially ones this mechanically deep and interesting. The weapon variety is incredible, every single gun has a use of some kind (except I don't like the Unmaykr), the enemy variety is great and requires full understanding of your arsenal, all of your equipment (grenade, chainsaw, ice bomb, flame belch) are all important and have a place. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there is a ton of options at your finger tips and all of them are viable and important. The pace is lighting fast, amazing graphics, great sound design, the soundtrack as a whole is also great, the DOOM Slayer is a badass, the demons look awesome and are fun to fight, the lore is there (only if you want it). It improved on the already awesome DOOM 2016 by greatly increasing mobility, providing a better challenge imo, and forcing the player to understand their entire arsenal to succeed especially on higher difficulties. DOOM Eternal is easily in my top 5 games of the console generation and a must play for fans of FPS. DOOM boomers bitch about the platforming but it's not even that intrusive, helps with the pacing of the game in between arenas, it's not hard, and I think makes the Slayer more badass doing these feats of mobility.

My only complaints are:
  • The Marauder: not because he is too hard, because there isn't anything unreasonable about him once you understand him. I just don't like the way he alters the pace of the game, because of the attention his presence demands. But on the other hand he also adds variety, so I can understand why he's there.
  • Buff totems are stupid, nobody can change my mind on this, they aren't THAT hard to deal with, they are just annoying. The only "cheap deaths" in this game come from trying to find the damn totem while you're getting ass blasted by enemies you otherwise understand the mechanics of, they're now just hyper aggressive and strong. Once you know the location of the totems, it's no longer hard, it just becomes tedious and sucks the fun out of the arena because it limits a combat system with a lot of variety to just one thing to do.
Don't let those negatives deter you at all though, totems are rare, this game is amazing.
Personally, I love the games single player, but I WAAAAYYYY preferred the 2016 multiplayer! More fast paced and more Customization (very important to me)

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
i been doomed out for a while after beating nightmare twice and generally replaying various levels. i need to get back into it so i'm not flabby upon release of this what looks to be awesome expansion.

aj1701

Noob
regular shotgun (aka sticky bomb launcher lets be real)
For real, and it is by far my favorite weapon to use, especially going for macubus or arachnotron weak points. I mean, you have to use other weapons to survive and use them wisely, but I always default back to shotgun.

aj1701

Noob
It sucks that you get thrown a lot of enemies without your full arsenal. It's like I get mentally blocked because of not having all of my weapons.
Man, the very first mission and you have to try and hit arachnotron weakpoints with ONLY the plain old shotgun and nothing else. So infuriating.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Man, the very first mission and you have to try and hit arachnotron weakpoints with ONLY the plain old shotgun and nothing else. So infuriating.
You should have the sticky bomb though by the time you fight the first arachnotron, then both shotty mods by the end. Hitting the turret with the sticky, mod swap to full auto, use a grenade to falter, then run in and melt it with the full auto is a really good early game strategy for them imo

aj1701

Noob
You should have the sticky bomb though by the time you fight the first arachnotron, then both shotty mods by the end. Hitting the turret with the sticky, mod swap to full auto, use a grenade to falter, then run in and melt it with the full auto is a really good early game strategy for them imo
Hmm really? I don't recall having a weapon upgrade at that point, but maybe I used it on something else.

Thought this would be appropriate in this thread:

I'll be stuck with my 2080 Super for 2k/144fps lol. The 3000 series look reeeeally nice. The 3080 looks to be 50%-60% faster than the 2080 Ti lmao.

Though I'll wait for the 4000 series to truly have a 4k 144hz experience with this game.

I'll be stuck with my 2080 Super for 2k/144fps lol. The 3000 series look reeeeally nice. The 3080 looks to be 50%-60% faster than the 2080 Ti lmao.

Though I'll wait for the 4000 series to truly have a 4k 144hz experience with this game.
I have a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti. Amazing 1080p card, but no 4k for me. My processor is older to, an i5 4440 @ 3.10 Ghz, which is below the game's minimum.

So when I get around to getting DOOM: Eternal, assuming I haven't upgraded my hardware, I'll need to get it for my Xbox One X.

Having said that, the above video is crazy impressive.

I have a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti. Amazing 1080p card, but no 4k for me. My processor is older to, an i5 4440 @ 3.10 Ghz, which is below the game's minimum.

So when I get around to getting DOOM: Eternal, assuming I haven't upgraded my hardware, I'll need to get it for my Xbox One X.

Having said that, the above video is crazy impressive.
Still with the 2080Ti you could get constant 4k 120fps with the dynamic resolution turned on. It gets slightly blurry (Though that can be mitigated with Nvidia's or AMD's sharpening solutions). But it's still really impressive the 3080 RTX is getting 100-120fps on raw 4k which is a b*tch to run nowadays. It's interesting that future resolution rendering will be handled by AI upscaling or checkerboard rendering. A good example is Death Stranding which looks even better with DLSS turned on compared to raw 4k.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm here on the base ps4 lol. Going to buy ps5 and after I get my degree and can start making big boy money im gonna need your guys help making a badass PC.

I'm here on the base ps4 lol. Going to buy ps5 and after I get my degree and can start making big boy money im gonna need your guys help making a badass PC.
Honestly, id Software is so excellent at optimizing their games, you'll have a great time regardless of the platform you're playing on, and the game will look great be it a base Xbox One all the way up to a high end PC.

For building a PC rig, absolutely, ask anytime!

You also don't need "big boy money" to build a solid PC gaming rig. About $1000.00 Canadian (excluding monitor and peripherals) is enough to build a great PC that'll last you for years. Obviously the more you spend, the better things will be.