What's new

Play DOOM Eternal

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What usually annoys me about Mick Gordon and Dynamic Music particularly his work in Killer Instinct is that it's fucking great but there is no final mix with all the important bits in it.

You miss a ton of cut content and in Orchid's case extra lyrics if you're listening to the official cut of the KI Soundtrack and so you either deal with it or depend on people trying to stitch the song back together.
TJ Combo's and Jago's themes still fuckin slap though

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
anyone on xbox wanna play battlemode? feel free to add me and send an invite

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The mediocre boss battles are also worth mentioning in the negatives, as they are lackluster at best compared the predecessor.

With that out of the way damn, I've haven't had that much fun with an FPS for a while now! Superb game!

Last edited:
What usually annoys me about Mick Gordon and Dynamic Music particularly his work in Killer Instinct is that it's fucking great but there is no final mix with all the important bits in it.

You miss a ton of cut content and in Orchid's case extra lyrics if you're listening to the official cut of the KI Soundtrack and so you either deal with it or depend on people trying to stitch the song back together.
Well, for a game, the dynamic music is meant to underscore and emphasis the feeling of the action happening at that moment; it's not meant to be a cohesive, traditional track.

The official soundtrack let's you experience that.

The mediocre boss battles are also worth mentioning in the negatives, as they are lackluster at best compared the predecessor.

With that out of the way damn, I've haven't had that much fun with an F2P for a while now! Superb game!
Doom Eternal is free to play?

D

Deleted member 59910

What was y'alls favorite stage? I think it's the least visually interesting, but ARC Complex is one of the most well paced and fun FPS missions iv ever played. Shit I could say that about most of these. I haven't been this impressed by FPS level design since the Bungie Halo games (aside from Doom 2016 ofc)
Mine is Mars Core and Urdak. Urdak’s architectural desing, the Maykr’s technology and the soundtrack make me really feel like a stranger in a superior/celestial dimension.

I don't follow. The tracks in the official sound track are very well done and consistent.
You don't follow. I'm saying the soundtrack versions have bits cut from the full dynamic versions and it bugs me.
Aside from Orchid, I want to hear the Idle Themes mixed into them too.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Doom eternal has been solid fun (Your boys playing on ultra violence here..) but I agree with the statement that it feels like the game wants you to play the way the devs wanted you to play..the devs also stated they made changes based off of watching streamers cheese and or hide behind cover in doom 2016...

there’s also been a lot of stop and start of momentum in the game. I do dig the platforming and looking at all the level art after fighting a bit to break up the possible repetition but when you finish a bad ass fight and think “oh shit I think I just grew more hair on my chest after this encounter!” I get hit with a mini puzzle solving section when I’m more interested in trying To solve hells overpopulation problem..

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Beat the game on Nightmare, even have the Doomguy helmet. Amazing game!
I like the use of the slow down time while aiming in the air rune, I don't see a lot of people running it in their gameplay, one of my favorites. Nice juking vs the Mancubus in the hallway as well man!

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Which boss battle in 2016 was better?
I remember 3: Cyberdemon, Spider Mastermind and those 2 guardian things.

Doom Eternal didn't really have any "proper" boss battles besides the Khan Maykr, and even that one wasn't as fun as dodging lasers, quakes and fireballs like in the Doom 2016 bosses. This was probably my biggest gripe with the game.

Even the last fight, while very, very fun and hype, didn't feel like a true boss battle to me. It felt more like a fight against the surroundings instead of an actual enemy.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I remember 3: Cyberdemon, Spider Mastermind and those 2 guardian things.

Doom Eternal didn't really have any "proper" boss battles besides the Khan Maykr, and even that one wasn't as fun as dodging lasers, quakes and fireballs like in the Doom 2016 bosses. This was probably my biggest gripe with the game.

Even the last fight, while very, very fun and hype, didn't feel like a true boss battle to me. It felt more like a fight against the surroundings instead of an actual enemy.
I really enjoyed the boss fight you mentioned, there was also the gladiator